Top 5 Televised Poker Moments

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a big hand or anything but a must put on the list :Stu Ungars 1997 win at the wsop
For several reasons I find this so disturbing to watch. I had also forgotten that Gabe was involved in poker back then!
Jennifer Tilly vs Patrick Antoniushttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN6wAHTWeEAHas to make the list for so many reasons, from E-Dog spotting the heaving breasts tell, to the play itself, to Harman's look of disgust, and particularly Ivey's reaction. Sheer class!
Insta classic. Just priceless stuff here. My personal favorite for first! :club:
Hello everyone.The answer from a french mind : I think you forget the 1st hand of WSOP 2005 (if I remember correctly) between Samy Farha and his opponent.Samy had A T, his opponent T T.Flop : A A T, full house for both of them...Check check, turn is a Q, they bet, raise, re-raise, all-in, called.Samy's opponent was drawing dead ==> :D I think this hand should figure in the top 5.It makes me realize how a hand can go down for anyone at anytime. :club:
Sammy's opponent was Oliver Hudson, brother of Kate Hudson, son of Goldie Hawn. I loved his show "Rules of Engagement". Too bad it was canceled.
Ok......just to stir things up a little (I never do that!) I am going to offer a controversial nominee......after Gold won the ME, at the very end of the ESPN broadcast, perhaps even after the credits had rolled, there was a private shot from a distance of Gold sitting all alone at the table on his cell phone talking to his father who was unable to attend due to illness (Alzheimer’s?), there was no commentary over the shot, just Gold on the Phone telling his father that he had won......love him or (more likely) hate him, it was a subtle "human interest" moment that was actually touching.
I would vote for this one as well. "Wish you were here..."

speaking of the Ivey hand, there is an amazing hand involving Michael Gracz from a WPT limit event aboard a cruise ship. He reraises multip streets with undercards to the board, and the blinds are so high that there is a huge amount of money in the pot. his opponent ends up folding because he also has undercards. anyone remember this or have the link?

Actually, the Tony G. moment for me is one of the most disgusting displays of poor sportsmanship I have ever seen and it makes me sick everytime I see it. I can almost (ALMOST) see this as acceptable as part of play - even then I personally find it offensive and downright vulgar- but his action was AFTER the player had already busted out which makes it completely boorish.Tony G. is a pig.

Actually, the Tony G. moment for me is one of the most disgusting displays of poor sportsmanship I have ever seen and it makes me sick everytime I see it. I can almost (ALMOST) see this as acceptable as part of play - even then I personally find it offensive and downright vulgar- but his action was AFTER the player had already busted out which makes it completely boorish.Tony G. is a pig.
naw, maybe he went a little overboard with the "back to russia" comments, but it was pretty fun to watch him speak the truth. guy called off all his stack with KJ. i just picture Ivey's face when tilly checked the boat. same reaction
I luv tony gI don't like the ralph perry clip that much, though, b/c it is obvious he is hamming it up for the camerasWPT Paris is his first appearance on tv and I'm 90% sure he's on speed or some amphetamines. there he is pure gmanshade.

The last hand of the 1988 WSOP ME has to be near, if not at, the top. Chan flopping the nut straight to win his second consecutive World Championship. No one has won two straight since. The hand was in a movie for crying out loud. Has to be on the list.

yeah.. a bit fat fu cking funny pig though, here is classic Tony G owning the devilfish..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqKGBLfu9iwCLASSIC!!!!!!! "do not touch my blinds"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

one of the sickest hands from the WPT Paris:tony raises with 55guy behind him (european pro) calls with Q 10flop comes 7 8 9Tony g checksguy moves allinTony g instacalls"That's how quick I call when I have the best hand...and I know when I have the best hand"turn is an A that gives villain a club flush draw. Mike Sexton: "peter can win with a 6, 10, J, Q, a club..he has a lot of outs as we say"tony g: "don't let me win this hand, it's all over if i win this hand"mike sexton: "tony g will be out if he loses this hand"river Atony g: "I'VE GOT THE BIG HEART...THIS IS WHAT I HAVE PETER"peter (don't know last name): "okay, okay, okay"tony g: "cuz when I kill them I kill them...I destroy them...I love it"tony g: "when this is done you can go back to your island. in ten minutes. you can go back to your island. luckily we make the big trains, the fast trains. you can be there in two hours"

The last hand of the 1988 WSOP ME has to be near, if not at, the top. Chan flopping the nut straight to win his second consecutive World Championship. No one has won two straight since. The hand was in a movie for crying out loud. Has to be on the list.
Ya, sick... u wanna go hit up the soft 20/40 at the chesterfield?
oh man, how did i miss this...that was hilarious.
On your bike...let's go...I've got you covered...let's go...You're not a professional anymore!!!
Ya, sick... u wanna go hit up the soft 20/40 at the chesterfield?
Nah, dude. I'm gonna hit up the golf pro game.
Phil Hellmuth's instacalls against barry and Liz.vs Barryhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZO-kgqQihc...ted&search=vs Lizhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qz3j8UaD-QI think Phil is awsum but I have to laugh when he does these
I like the :05 clip where it shows Roland De Wolfe's cards and instead it's a message that says: "Phil Hellmuth is a donkey, I wll crush him."
Ok......just to stir things up a little (I never do that!) I am going to offer a controversial nominee......after Gold won the ME, at the very end of the ESPN broadcast, perhaps even after the credits had rolled, there was a private shot from a distance of Gold sitting all alone at the table on his cell phone talking to his father who was unable to attend due to illness (Alzheimer’s?), there was no commentary over the shot, just Gold on the Phone telling his father that he had won......love him or (more likely) hate him, it was a subtle "human interest" moment that was actually touching.
that was so staged, jamie is in the business and understands how good that would make him look id put money on that he wasn't talking to anyone.

Just in case anyone wants the links:

OP, this is a great thread. this should be stickied.some that come to mind:1) -the youtube clips of Tony G at the WPT paris against surrinder sunar. I love these. "Don't let me win this pot...it's all over if I win this pot....[Mike Sexton] "Tony G will be out of the tournament if he loses this pot""I'm not afraid...I'm never afraid""Even if I lose this pot, I can still be the greatest player in the world...you cant"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ATdJFTNqlU
2) Hellmuth vs. Annie Duke in the Tournament of Champions "she may not even know.......how strong I am here" [Norman Chad] "you can have producer's tickets or anything you want, I'd watch this any day of the week" [Hellmuth after losing] "Second, Third....this time no money...i mean i love annie, but she had to 30-1" (this is before Annie publicly said that she thinks Hellmuth has Asperger's syndrome)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St8OCh8FSSM
3) High Stakes Poker -hand where the Unabomber flops a K hi flush and Matusow bluffs off his entire stack on the river (there are a lot of really good Matusow clips on HSP)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKJOZbFoW0I (at the very start of this clip)...I can't be bothered finding the three HSP clips....
7) WSOP ME -Matusow and Sheiky both get penalties after MM curses and Sheiky is talking about his folded hand during the play
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkMCeXZxVoM
8) Tournament of Champions with Hellmuth and Hoyt Corkins. I particularly like the footage afterwards when Hellmuth is walking with his Dad talking about how badly Corkins overplays his hands "its just ALL IN ALL IN ALLIN ALLIN"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqlPD3OlVeY