Official 2007 Wsop Strat Forum Thread

I know there's that "Meet and Greet" thread in general, but I thought I'd post something in here as well.I'll be down from June 15th to July 2nd.I know Naismith is going down at some point, and I know AK lives out there, but who else is gonna be out there at some point.If you're interested post the days you'll be there, and if you guys wanna get something going in terms of getting hammered or whatever, we'll organize something.Naismith owes me a beer anyways.Also, if anyone lives in Vegas, and wants to give me a place to stay on June 30th and July 1st, that'd be hot.lolAlso, I'll accept any WSOP tourney stakes or partial stakes in this thread. (plz don't ban me):club:- Zach

I know there's that "Meet and Greet" thread in general, but I thought I'd post something in here as well.I'll be down from June 15th to July 2nd.I know Naismith is going down at some point, and I know AK lives out there, but who else is gonna be out there at some point.If you're interested post the days you'll be there, and if you guys wanna get something going in terms of getting hammered or whatever, we'll organize something.Naismith owes me a beer anyways.Also, if anyone lives in Vegas, and wants to give me a place to stay on June 30th and July 1st, that'd be hot.lolAlso, I'll accept any WSOP tourney stakes or partial stakes in this thread. (plz don't ban me):club:- Zach
WSOP 2009 is when Strong 9 will make his presence felt at the month long lottery festival.

I'll be there with my wife June 14 - 18 for my brother's wedding, although we'll have a couple of days off. And then again June 1 - 5, where we'll be more free. Not playing any events but I'll be lurking in the cash games.

Naismith is obligated to dump 1K to me. He said he might circumvent the whole "actually playing hands with me" thing and just send it over on PayPal or something more efficient. Either way, I'll use his cash to buy you a beer or a case or whatever.I'm not gonna post my cell on here or anything, but I have gotten PMs from a few people and if I like you, we can meet up.Zach, I'm not making promises or anything, but I might be able to house you (and your gf?) for that weekend. Obviously we'd see how things go when we meet each other. Also, I have a cat so if you're allergic, you're out of luck.

Obviously we'd see how things go when we meet each other.
Pfft. You don't room with people that you've never met? :club:(Zach and mikey are staying at the condo I'm renting from June 4th-30th...and I've never met them. Seems we may squeeze a few more in also.)
Pfft. You don't room with people that you've never met? :club:(Zach and mikey are staying at the condo I'm renting from June 4th-30th...and I've never met them. Seems we may squeeze a few more in also.)
Can you jump on AIM when you get a second?

Aww, Zach and Acid...I think I speak for everyone when I say I hope it works out between you two!I'll be flying in June 13th late at night. June 14th, my buddy is playing in the PLO tourney. I'll be playing June 15th & June 16th, hopefully in the same tourney, but if I get cracked during day one of the June 15th tourney, I'll be buying into the June 16th.Monday, June 18, I fly back to Florida. I should be back in Vegas in time for the HORSE final table and then through the main event.

I'll be there Jun 24-27 at the luxurious Imperial Palace. :club: Wouldn't mind meeting up for a beer with the people whose advice has turned me into solid break-even donkey.No stakes for you, Zach...perhaps a steak?!? :D

I'll be there Jun 24-27 at the luxurious Imperial Palace. :club: Wouldn't mind meeting up for a beer with the people whose advice has turned me into solid break-even donkey.No stakes for you, Zach...perhaps a steak?!? :D
True story.Two completely seperate people got thrown out of the I.P. poker room for threatening to kill me within a three hour period a few years ago. One totally could have. The other was a woman.
haha I roomed with someone from FCP I'd never met last time I was in Vegas. I'm still alive.I'll be there late on Wed June 20th and flying out early Mon June 25th
True story.Two completely seperate people got thrown out of the I.P. poker room for threatening to kill me within a three hour period a few years ago. One totally could have. The other was a woman.
Not surprised, but I gotta hear this story. :club:
Chasing gutshots that hit on the river, i'm guessing?

I will be there, not sure for how long or when but I will be there. I am thinking I will try to play one of the events but who knows which one. It might be a stud event as I kind of know how to play it and I assume most don't....

I will be there, not sure for how long or when but I will be there. I am thinking I will try to play one of the events but who knows which one. It might be a stud event as I kind of know how to play it and I assume most don't....
I suck at stud hi. One thing that I do know though is that the disparity between a mediocre holdem player and a great holdem player is very small compared the disparty between a mediocre 7 stud player and a great one. I would wager that any 7 stud field would be MUCH tougher to navigate than your average holdem event. Think about it, all of the money is in the NL events becuase all of the donkeys see it on TV and wanna get into the action.
I suck at stud hi. One thing that I do know though is that the disparity between a mediocre holdem player and a great holdem player is very small compared the disparty between a mediocre 7 stud player and a great one. I would wager that any 7 stud field would be MUCH tougher to navigate than your average holdem event. Think about it, all of the money is in the NL events becuase all of the donkeys see it on TV and wanna get into the action.
really? are we comparing stud to limit holdem?
I'm up for relativelyfreeplacetostayaments, and not just during the WSOP.

Meh, I work until June 28th teaching and it's a pretty big resume builder so I couldn't not do it. But, I may come down that friday right on through, it completely depends on how well I play this month. I don't wanna go down to Vegas without 10k to play with (lose) and have it completely not mess with my head.If I do have enough for that to happen, expect PMs from me asking for any available rooms to those that aren't filled. I'll probably know a lot more by Mid-June. Maybe I'll make a big score at the Belmont next weekend blindly picking horses I know nothing about.

Maybe I'll be there next year when I'm old enough.But GL and enjoy to whoever is going out there.