pokerstars..really more bad beats?

Ok, so i play only on Pokerstars, noty because i like it the best or anything, but just because that's the only site that i have managed to get money onto. eh..anyways, I have definately noticed that there are a lot of bad beats on PS, but i have no idea if there are more on Pokerstars than there are on other websites like FullTilt and UltimateBet.So i was curious to ask all of the people that have played on PS and other sites as well, if there are more bad beats on PS than on other websites.So...Is pokerstars the Bad BeaT King??.....or does it have the same amount of luck and bad beats as other websites??? I was just curios because this seems like a popular topic on hererthis should be fun...kinda ...i guess.....whatever

no it doesn't really, it just seems that way because the fish are terriblehowever, if everything says pokerstars is terrible in this sense, i guess it's rigged?however, im sure stats from pokertracker will prove everything you have to say to be wrong.

i think its not rigged ive been playing on star for a while i figured out that if you have more chips and the worst hand your likely to suck out and win .. and it has done well for me.

i think its not rigged ive been playing on star for a while i figured out that if you have more chips and the worst hand your likely to suck out and win .. and it has done well for me.
Sounds pretty accurate.

There are bad beats in all games, on all sites.Except...$2000 buy in PLO8 on Party. I've never seen a bad beat there. Not one.If you want to avoid bad beats you should give $2000 PLO8 a shot.On Party. $2000 PLO8.Party $2k PLO8.On Party.Poker.PLO8.

There are bad beats in all games, on all sites.Except...$2000 buy in PLO8 on Party. I've never seen a bad beat there. Not one.If you want to avoid bad beats you should give $2000 PLO8 a shot.On Party. $2000 PLO8.Party $2k PLO8.On Party.Poker.PLO8.
Yet another classic Smash post. Do these ever get old? I know I smirk everytime I see one.

There are bad beats in all games, on all sites.Except...$100,000 PL/NL Hold'em Play Money on Party.I've never seen a bad beat there. Not one.If you want to avoid bad beats you should give $100,000 PL/NL Hold'em a try.On Party.$100,000 PL/NL Play Money Hold'emParty $100k NLH.On Party.Poker.100k NL. Play Money.

no it doesn't really, it just seems that way because the fish are terrible
A lot of it can be attributed to this, if not all.I have been playing on full tilt for a month str8 and haven't seen anywhere near the crazy shit I see on stars.I still play stud games on stars though, as there is actually more than 1 table going on at most times. The field sizes are good for stud and omaha tournies as well.

Oh yeah, Stars is the worst. I was at a table when a guy was sucking out damn near every pot he was in. one time he was dead to hitting a running set, and sho' nuff it came 7 & 7. Oh wait that was WPT with Danny Nguyen. Hmmmm, either all poker is rigged or all poker has bad beats. I'm not sure about the latter because I now only play bad cards(I haven't taken a bad beat in months only good ones).There may be the same pontential for bad beats at every site, but some sites may have more players who will play damn near anything thus being the catalyst for excessive bad beats. Like Smash said play a high limit game that not everybody and their grammy learned over the weekend(NLHE).

I love bad beats and i love poker stars i mean river stars cause making money is so easy when bad players win pick pot off urself or off others with sick sucks outs it encourages them to stick around and try it again and trust me if u as good as u think u are u will come out on top.Sucks outs in big pots keep bad players playing and pays alot of my school bills ty u bad low limit players on 3 6 and 5 10 limit holdem on ps or rs what ever u want to call it

Yeah I think the more bad beats are due to more idiots going to the river. Tilt has better players from my experiance and they can lay down cards when they should.But all sites have these complaints. eg names like, Party Poked, Power Played..etc.. or names for getting rivered.. like BODOGGED or Riverstars..

Guest Anonymous
RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIM COMING TO GET YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!tinfoilhat.JPG
That pic makes me laugh everytime I see it.

there are bad beats on every site and every live room. the only reason it seems like there are more online is because you get more hands than in a live room. in a live room, you might see 2 bad beats an hour in 40 hands, while online you might see 6 bad beats...but in three times as many hands. i know i've bitched about pp before...but we all have to admit we have been on both the good and bad side of bad beats.

there are bad beats on every site and every live room. the only reason it seems like there are more online is because you get more hands than in a live room. in a live room, you might see 2 bad beats an hour in 40 hands, while online you might see 6 bad beats...but in three times as many hands. i know i've censored about pp before...but we all have to admit we have been on both the good and bad side of bad beats.
Obvious-CaptainObvious.gif

I would just like to ask what defines a bad beat? I mean, for instance, let's say your playing 5/10 Limit Holdem in a shorthanded game. You raise with pocket 7's and only the BB calls. Flop comes 6-3-2, turn 2, river 8. Meanwhile the BB has check / called the entire way and when the cards are turned up you see that he called all of that with a Q8 offsuit. Is that a bad beat? Cause I hate it when that happens!!!

I would just like to ask what defines a bad beat?  I mean, for instance, let's say your playing 5/10 Limit Holdem in a shorthanded game.  You raise with pocket 7's and only the BB calls.  Flop comes 6-3-2, turn 2, river 8.  Meanwhile the BB has check / called the entire way and when the cards are turned up you see that he called all of that with a Q8 offsuit.  Is that a bad beat?  Cause I hate it when that happens!!!
While someone is answering that one, this is one I put on my blog and I cant really call it a bad beat, but it sure does suck the same as one, especially shorthanded. http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=vi...iew&hand=105978Not really a bad beat, just two really good hands that happened to hit at the same time. Funny how short handed games you can lose with a full house yet the next hand win with Q high. Stupid fucking game!

Yes that is what they're talking about. Also, I agree that pokerstars is terrible for that. I can't play the NL cash games on it, it's too painful. Everytime, I have an overpair, some jackass with a J6 calls a 2x pot bet, then an all in, and sucks out a J for 2 pair on the river! EVERY TIME! I wouldn't recommend pokerstars. It's the only site that I've not managed to profit off. I'm not saying you won't have some bad beats elsewhere, but they seem much less frequent, and playing correctly is rewarded at other sites. Seems like making the worst play possible at all times is the way to go at PStars.