who's your team?

I figure if we're all going to make this Hockey Central for the next 10 months, we may as well get some friendly rivalries going. My team is the Buffalo Sabres, but I'll root for the Blackhawks if they're playing (unless they're playing the Sabres, of course).

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll root for the Blackhawks if they're playing (unless they're playing the Sabres, of course).
This, of course, assuming Wirtz allows you to watch them on TV. ;)The hawks were my second favorite team for the longest time. Jocelyn Thibault is amazing. I just wish they would stop wearing him out mid-season.
I'll root for the Blackhawks if they're playing (unless they're playing the Sabres, of course).
This, of course, assuming Wirtz allows you to watch them on TV. ;)The hawks were my second favorite team for the longest time. Jocelyn Thibault is amazing. I just wish they would stop wearing him out mid-season.
:lol:I am a Canucks fan, as I am sure you can tell by my posts. The Sabres look to have an exciting team this year, hopefully they stick to the offensive philosophy that they seemed to be following last season.
Long suffering Ranger fan here. Stratka seems to be our big name free agent signing. That show's you how much trouble we are in.
It's bad when a Blues fan has pity for you. :club:

LOL, I was drunk as a monkey watching the Black and Blue series a couple of years ago. The Blues were dominating through the first 3 games of the series, and all of a sudden (literally, it was like a switch was thrown) the Hawks started hitting like their lives depended on it. One of the best playoff series I've ever seen, and that's saying a lot.

I am a Coyotes fan. I was born in Chicago, and still root for the Hawks, but I am more of a Coyotes fan now. We should have a pretty solid team this year, depending on how the goaltending shakes out.

Go Habs Go... Montréal, simply the best hockey town.p.s. Leafs fans... please do not embarass yourself by responding that Toronto is the best hockey town, you are not even a hockey town. And yes we know, you will win the Stanley Cup this year, you have been saying that since 1968. :roll:

It's all about the Blue and White. It blew to see Gary Roberts leave for the Panthers of all teams, but hopefully we can sign someone, ANYONE, to pick up some of the slack and make sure teams can't just rough up Sundin. GO LEAFS GO!

Go habs Go... Montréal, simply the best hockey town.p.s. Leafs fans... please do not embarass yourself by responding that Toronto is the best hockey town, you are not even a hockey town. And yes we know, you will win the Stanley Cup this year, you have been saying that since 1968. :roll:
Oh man, how badly do I want to flame this guy...For the record, most of us don't say anything related to the particular statements you accused us of above. I am completely realistic that we won't win a cup for the next 5 years, but you must agree that the passion of Leaf fans continues to be strong. Sometimes we take over the Bell Center too :club:
Go Habs Go... Montréal, simply the best hockey town.p.s. Leafs fans... please do not embarass yourself by responding that Toronto is the best hockey town, you are not even a hockey town. And yes we know, you will win the Stanley Cup this year, you have been saying that since 1968. :roll:
That's so ridiculous. Toronto has so much more passion in hockey then you give credit. You probably have never even been to Toronto and base your comments soley on the all mighty television.The reason why you see suits in the lower bowl because the "real fans" simply can't afford to go. You have no idea how hard it is to get tickets to a leaf game at a fair price. I usually have to just wait until my rich friend can't go to his season tickets and passes a pair over to me. If the leafs were to win another cup (ever?) the city would literally crumble to pieces.
Go habs Go... Montréal, simply the best hockey town.p.s. Leafs fans... please do not embarass yourself by responding that Toronto is the best hockey town, you are not even a hockey town. And yes we know, you will win the Stanley Cup this year, you have been saying that since 1968. :roll:
Oh man, how badly do I want to flame this guy...For the record, most of us don't say anything related to the particular statements you accused us of above. I am completely realistic that we won't win a cup for the next 5 years, but you must agree that the passion of Leaf fans continues to be strong. Sometimes we take over the Bell Center too :club:
What can I say... you are the Team I love to hate! Since the Nordiques left Québec City, we, Habs fans, had to turn around and find another small brother to slap behind the head once in a while... just for fun :wink: You are right, great fans and passion make great rivalries!
That's so ridiculous. Toronto has so much more passion in hockey then you give credit. You probably have never even been to Toronto and base your comments soley on the all mighty television.The reason why you see suits in the lower bowl because the "real fans" simply can't afford to go. You have no idea how hard it is to get tickets to a leaf game at a fair price. I usually have to just wait until my rich friend can't go to his season tickets and passes a pair over to me. If the leafs were to win another cup (ever?) the city would literally crumble to pieces.
We had the same problems with the suits in the old Forum. Not so much in the Centre Bell, I don't know why though. Still ,the best seats and best fans are in the pit.p.s. congrats on your win vs Daniel (damn, another Leafs fan!)

St. Louis BluesLarry Pleau better get his butt in gear after giving Pronger to Edmonton. I saw that Demitra signed a FA contract with Los Angeles. The Kings get one hell of a regular season player, but Demitra has ALWAYS been a no show come playoff time, so I'm not completely upset that the Blues didn't re-sign him. With Al MacInnis' future still up in the air that only leaves Barret Jackman and Eric Weinrich as viable players at the D position. Pleau needs to get some scoring help for Weight and Tkachuk (assuming they don't trade him also).

With Al MacInnis' future still up in the air that only leaves Barret Jackman and Eric Weinrich as viable players at the D position.
And Eric Brewer. If you don't know much about him, trust me, he is a good player. He made Canada's Olympic and World Cup teams.That playoff series between the Canucks and Blues in 02-03 was awesome. We seemed like we had just developed a nice rivalry, then the lockout happened :cry: . Hopefully the passion is still there.

Huge Devils fan, probably the greatest moment of my life was going to NJ to see game 5 of the Sens-Devils conference finals on '03. As someone who lived in the GTA, I will say this. There are lots of very passionate LEAF fans in TO. However, it takes a lot of effort to find a HOCKEY fan in Toronto. Personally I will watch any live hockey, whereas in Toronto, once the Leafs are inevitably eliminated every year, interest in hockey drops off.

With Al MacInnis' future still up in the air that only leaves Barret Jackman and Eric Weinrich as viable players at the D position.
And Eric Brewer. If you don't know much about him, trust me, he is a good player. He made Canada's Olympic and World Cup teams.That playoff series between the Canucks and Blues in 02-03 was awesome. We seemed like we had just developed a nice rivalry, then the lockout happened :cry: . Hopefully the passion is still there.
Well you can have Brewer if you don't mind sending Naslund our way. :-)
Well you can have Brewer if you don't mind sending Naslund our way. :-)
I see your point (losing your captain and most popular player), but if he HAD to go for salary reasons, this is a way better deal then you should probably expect. If the Canucks were way over budget and had to get rid of Jovo, Brewer wouldn't be bad compensation. (And yes, before you say it, Pronger is probably better then even Jovo. Maybe).

Naslund is a good player, but he needs the system he's in and the teammates he has to be effective. Let's not forget that this is the same Markus Naslund who only managed to score 25 goals in 150 games for the Penguins before they shipped him to Vancouver. I'd be sketchy about wishing for my team to trade for him or spend a lot of money on him.

Naslund is a good player, but he needs the system he's in and the teammates he has to be effective. Let's not forget that this is the same Markus Naslund who only managed to score 25 goals in 150 games for the Penguins before they shipped him to Vancouver. I'd be sketchy about wishing for my team to trade for him or spend a lot of money on him.
I don't think people realise that Naslund got really good before the Canucks got good. He started putting up good numbers and carrying the team before being put on a line with Bertuzzi (who also took a few years to develope). The Canucks record has been strongly tied to Naslunds health in the last few years. In 2001, when Naslund blew out his knee against your Sabres, the Canucks sputtered into the playoffs and got sweeped by the Avalanche. He was in the process of putting up a 40 goal season that year, without Morrison or Bertuzzi on his line. Sorry for the rant, but I get really defensive about Naslund, because everyone in Vancouver knows how much we need him. Maybe on another team he won't be as effective, but the Canucks need him (kind of like Peca back in the day with the Sabres).

Naslund needs the Canucks to be successful, the Canucks need Naslund to be successful. Kind of exactly what I said. He could have pushed for the league maximum with another team, but he stayed where he was for slightly less.