Bellagio 1k Hand

I have been playing surprisingly tight for the first level. My plan was to play fast as usual, but I didnt factor in that there were a lot of Mexicans in on vacation, Mexicans generally play terrible and call down a lot, they bet when you don't and hate being bluffed. With 3 other Mexicans at my table, I had to adjust to the ultra loose table.One of the guys, played maybe 85% of his hands, called a ton of raises and always thought about it for a few seconds before folding. He started off by losing a 2k of his chips (start with 5k, 25/50 blinds) but then doubled up to 6k after calling a raise w/ 104s and flopping two pair.Now for the hand.beggining of sencond level 50/100 blinds I have 4k in chips.UTG raises to 300, 104s guy calls utg+1, MP calls, button calls... I call with 10 9o from the bb.flop is 10x 10h 2h, utg bets 600, 104s guy immediately makes it 2400, folds to me..what do u do?

I have been playing surprisingly tight for the first level. My plan was to play fast as usual, but I didnt factor in that there were a lot of Mexicans in on vacation, Mexicans generally play terrible and call down a lot, they bet when you don't and hate being bluffed. With 3 other Mexicans at my table, I had to adjust to the ultra loose table.One of the guys, played maybe 85% of his hands, called a ton of raises and always thought about it for a few seconds before folding. He started off by losing a 2k of his chips (start with 5k, 25/50 blinds) but then doubled up to 6k after calling a raise w/ 104s and flopping two pair.Now for the hand.beggining of sencond level 50/100 blinds I have 4k in chips.UTG raises to 300, 104s guy calls utg+1, MP calls, button calls... I call with 10 9o from the bb.flop is 10x 10h 2h, utg bets 600, 104s guy immediately makes it 2400, folds to me..what do u do?
I'm not sure this could be anything but a push..If he has a 10, your ahead of 6 of his kickers, and behind 5, and we can discount the 2 since there is one out there..Against a super loose opponent, there is no way I'm laying this down, especially when hes shown that he will call raises with absolute trash..Judging from your read, do you think its possible for him to make this play with 77-99?

I like a call here, looking for the overcall from utg.If UTG raised pf with AT..oh well.Yeah, you're pricing him in if he's on a flush draw, but I'm willing to take that chance. I'm hoping for an overcall from AA-JJ and even AK, AQ. If you call, utg is getting almost 4:1...if you push he's getting close to 3:1...and over 3:1 if he figures on a call from utg+1....if he is on the flush draw he's correct to call no matter what you do.If utg+1 is on a flush draw he's calling your all-in on either the turn or the river because that's what he does. Will he make this raise with a flush draw? Or does he more likely have 99, JJ, A2 or any ten?In a situation like that I'm happier to see if the turn isn't a heart, and then push...if I'm gonna get all his chips in either way I'd rather fade one card than two.If the turn comes a heart, it's gutcheck time, but you're probably priced in for the rest of your chips to chase your 10-outer.Very very close behind that is a push, and depending on my mood at that given time I can do either play. In either situation you are likely putting all your chips in the pot on the turn.I like the call because in the long run it wins you more money from utg.

I like the call because in the long run it wins you more money from utg.
I'm semi-surprised JC checked the flop here. But knowing him, he put a goofy mexican grin on his face and stacked all his chips in one stack and moved them into the middle.In this spot, calling versus shoving is pretty marginal. All of your money is going in the middle regardless of what you do. I prolly shove here so I can gain bad beat story equity if a heart spikes on the turn and my money is already in.
I shove. This isn't a time to get cute by smooth calling 65% of our stack. Whether we call or push they should know we almost certainly have the 10, so just put it in.
Shoving makes utg fold a lot of hands that have two outs or less...hands he may call your call with, but not your raise....and you want hiim to call those...you need him to call those.Shoving via check raise (likely) does not get rid of the draws you fear. Some good players will fold the flush draw from utg, other good players won't.If you call or push your are likely getting called by the flush draws anyway...whether it happens on the flop or turn your chips are going all in.A call can be interpreted as a flush draw by some opponents.

While it initially looks like a consideration of UTGs response, he is probably acting the same whether you push or call.He knows if he plays that your entire stack is probably going in, and maniac probably calls so hes really looking at about 2.5:1 odds. If he has a heart draw hes getting the right price and will call, if he thinks hes behind and doesnt have a heart draw he has to fold. If he thinks hes ahead then its either an overpair or the case T with a bigger kicker, so most likely the overpair. Since he can easily read you as trying to isolate on the maniac he probably calls a push as well.The only other consideration is whether by calling here you can price out a draw if the turn isnt a heart. Assuming UTG is out, there is about 5500 in the pot and youre left with 1600 behind and giving 4.4:1 odds. I dont see any draw folding that, especially a maniac.So go ahead and push now and dont give maniac a chance to fold on the turn.

I put it all in as well, there's no reason to think you're not ahead of him. You hold a very strong hand, but it's vulnerable and I want to protect it while I'm ahead. But that's just me. From your OP, I'm pretty sure we're ahead here. So, pushing the flop is my move.

I pushed in, but honestly, ONLY because I was ridiculously hungover and I just wanted to either double or get the **** back into bed....Before I pushed I thought about just calling for a bit, and then figured that would be the worst, then I said to myself "wait, I should really be folding this, there's no way my amigo over there is folding this getting a million to 1 on his call, I know he's not smooth calling JJ-AA, he's not raising here without at least a 10 with 30 people to act behind him, and being a semi "position aware" player, he's probably not calling PF with anything less than 107s here. "I didnt think he had the duece cuz people tend to slowplay that, I didnt think he had a pair only, so his range is 10-7 through A10, J10-A10 are more likely than 9-10 - 10-7.... considering I feel that I'm the best player at the table (under regular conditions, maybe my edge is smaller considering my nasty hangover), I think it wouldn't be a bad fold in this situation. IMO, this is almost like racing, 50/50 probably worse though, do I really want to put my money in like this when I can easily just wait with 40bb's to get AA or KK and almost guaranteed action from one of the maniacs?Anyway, I'm not being result oriented because I seriously did think to myself that I should be laying it down before i shoved in. He had 10 J and it was gg me.Im surprised no one considered a fold, what do u guys think about mucking here?

Im surprised no one considered a fold, what do u guys think about mucking here?
Too many times you're ahead.Even if he has a ten, he likely does this with any ten...and you're ahead of 6 of those hands...and of the 5 you're behind I'm inclined to think he he doesn't raise with T2.Throw in the other hands he could do this with, and you're ahead of all of them, mucking is just not an option.
Too many times you're ahead.Even if he has a ten, he likely does this with any ten...and you're ahead of 6 of those hands...and of the 5 you're behind I'm inclined to think he he doesn't raise with T2.Throw in the other hands he could do this with, and you're ahead of all of them, mucking is just not an option.
Like I said, he's not likely to do this with any ten, I think 10-7s is the cut off...AT MOST 106s but thats about it...let alone the off suit tens where I am pretty sure the cut off is at most 10-8 but most likely 10-9 or J10.When he called a raise before that with 10-4s, it was a raise, a call, a call, and he called from the button. After he doubled he said "I was on the button and I had to call with so much action"....considering he is "position aware" I dont think he'd call with 10-3-10-5s utg +1...its not like A-5 or 5-8 for instance, where a terrible loose player just wont fold it, 10-3 is just not an attractive hand even for the maniacs...Given the information, do you guys still think you cant fold in this situation when the only hand I can put him on is a 10 with a most likely bigger kicker, even though I feel I can pick the table apart by picking better spots?Even though I play very loose/maniacal, compared to most of the guys that post here, there is one thing I hate, and that is calling off my stack in marginal situations. I'd much rather shove my stack on a reckless bluff than call it off when I dont know where I stand. The other day I called off my stack with 55 on a J33T6 board but thats because I knew I was good, in this case though I honestly didnt know, 50/50 at best imo, but more like 65/35....I had a similar situation in one of these bellagio 1k's during the series, I forget the details to the hand but I'll remember it at some point today and post it.
Given the information, do you guys still think you cant fold in this situation when the only hand I can put him on is a 10 with a most likely bigger kicker, even though I feel I can pick the table apart by picking better spots?
If you don't think he can raise with a flush draw, a mid/high pair or bluff then I don't mind folding. When you said he called a raise with T4s you give the impression of a fairly maniacal player - someone who could make this flop raise with a fairly wide range of hands.
Like I said, he's not likely to do this with any ten, I think 10-7s is the cut off...AT MOST 106s but thats about it...let alone the off suit tens where I am pretty sure the cut off is at most 10-8 but most likely 10-9 or J10.When he called a raise before that with 10-4s, it was a raise, a call, a call, and he called from the button. After he doubled he said "I was on the button and I had to call with so much action"....considering he is "position aware" I dont think he'd call with 10-3-10-5s utg +1...its not like A-5 or 5-8 for instance, where a terrible loose player just wont fold it, 10-3 is just not an attractive hand even for the maniacs...Given the information, do you guys still think you cant fold in this situation when the only hand I can put him on is a 10 with a most likely bigger kicker, even though I feel I can pick the table apart by picking better spots?Even though I play very loose/maniacal, compared to most of the guys that post here, there is one thing I hate, and that is calling off my stack in marginal situations. I'd much rather shove my stack on a reckless bluff than call it off when I dont know where I stand. The other day I called off my stack with 55 on a J33T6 board but thats because I knew I was good, in this case though I honestly didnt know, 50/50 at best imo, but more like 65/35....I had a similar situation in one of these bellagio 1k's during the series, I forget the details to the hand but I'll remember it at some point today and post it.
Yes, with that information I could fold...I was under the impression he was more maniacal than that and that he could play T3s from there (and I've seen a LOT of players who will...especially sooooted).If you put him on a bigger ten, and can't put him on another hand then you have to trust your instincts. If you call his cutoff T7 or even T6, then you have to fold. If you think he can make this play on a flush draw, then you need to continue.

Yea sorry, in the attempt to keep it short I skipped the part where he was position aware, I dont really see him calling with 105...but then again I had only observed him 40 minutes...I dont think it would have been a terrible fold, marginal at best.

Given the information, do you guys still think you cant fold in this situation when the only hand I can put him on is a 10 with a most likely bigger kicker, even though I feel I can pick the table apart by picking better spots?Even though I play very loose/maniacal, compared to most of the guys that post here, there is one thing I hate, and that is calling off my stack in marginal situations. I'd much rather shove my stack on a reckless bluff than call it off when I dont know where I stand. The other day I called off my stack with 55 on a J33T6 board but thats because I knew I was good, in this case though I honestly didnt know, 50/50 at best imo, but more like 65/35....
I feel exactly the same way. You probably have an above average skill advantage over the table, so I don't mind a fold in a spot where you are playing for all your chips as a small favorite (if that). While your M is a bit low, there is still enough room for play, and space for you to get your money in better.That said, if I was rediculously hungover, I wouldn't play a 1k buy-in tourney....BUUUT if I did :club: I would probably push also.