1 2 NL, im playing a very very good opponent, probably the best player at 1 2 NL heads up on Full Tilt, his name is ThisComesLast. Hes obviously pretty lag, and we are both deep stacked as we both have rebought a couple times. Question is, do you put in a raise on the flop or turn? or do you smooth call and wait until river? i ended up waiting until river, but im not sure if that was the right play. heres hand.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)BB ($576.20)Hero ($420.20)Preflop: Hero is Button with Adiamond.gif, Tclub.gif. Hero raises to $6, BB raises to $20, Hero calls $14.Flop: ($47) 2club.gif, Tspade.gif, 4diamond.gif(2 players)BB bets $32, Hero calls $32.Turn: ($111) Aheart.gif(2 players)BB bets $64, Hero calls $64.River: ($239) Jheart.gif(2 players)BB bets $142, Hero raises to $302.2 (All-In), BB calls $160.20.Final Pot: $843.40

1 2 NL, im playing a very very good opponent, probably the best player at 1 2 NL heads up on Full Tilt, his name is ThisComesLast. Hes obviously pretty lag, and we are both deep stacked as we both have rebought a couple times. Question is, do you put in a raise on the flop or turn? or do you smooth call and wait until river? i ended up waiting until river, but im not sure if that was the right play. heres hand.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)BB ($576.20)Hero ($420.20)Preflop: Hero is Button with Adiamond.gif, Tclub.gif. Hero raises to $6, BB raises to $20, Hero calls $14.Flop: ($47) 2club.gif, Tspade.gif, 4diamond.gif(2 players)BB bets $32, Hero calls $32.Turn: ($111) Aheart.gif(2 players)BB bets $64, Hero calls $64.River: ($239) Jheart.gif(2 players)BB bets $142, Hero raises to $302.2 (All-In), BB calls $160.20.Final Pot: $843.40
I feel like you gotta raise the flop and find out where youre at.The turn bet feels like he hit the A, I'd think theres a good chance hes holding AJ / AQ / AK and I like the flat call hoping he hangs himself on the river.River as played.

I'm fine with a raise on turn, or as played. There's not really any draws out there so I feel like the money's getting in anyways, and a raise might scare off a worse hand.

i like a raise on the turn here. if you think that a helped him then you now have the best hand, get enough money in so if he calls he'll put the rest in on the river.

Out of curiousity, why are you playing the best HU player on Full Tilt?
Yeah...this seems like a bad idea and was going to be my first critique.As for the hand, y'all are so deep that I'd pop the flop or the turn (most likely the latter). On the river, I know our hand is still pretty strong...but I really hate pushing over the river bet against a huge range of hands that beat us. We're beat by AA/JJ/TT/44/22/AJ/KQ...all decently plausible hands given the action. If I'd taken the call line to that point, I'd just call the river. Yeah, he might have to call us with just top pair given the pot odds, but he's usually going to have to have two pair or better.

This is fine. I think a raise on the turn is the best move becuase it looks like the A helped him since he's betting it pretty strongly. Since you have top 2 (and I'm not terribly worried about being behind here) I might put in a small raise here.I like the play of this hand on all streets really. On the river, I think the only problem is that the only hands that he can really pay you with that you beat are AK and AQ and maybe JT. I guess if you're gonna raise, I'd prefer to see it on the turn, but I don't hate the raise on the river either. I actually prefer the push on the river over the flat call, but I do think that the river was one of the worse cards that you could see.

Yeah...this seems like a bad idea and was going to be my first critique.As for the hand, y'all are so deep that I'd pop the flop or the turn (most likely the latter). On the river, I know our hand is still pretty strong...but I really hate pushing over the river bet against a huge range of hands that beat us. We're beat by AA/JJ/TT/44/22/AJ/KQ...all decently plausible hands given the action. If I'd taken the call line to that point, I'd just call the river. Yeah, he might have to call us with just top pair given the pot odds, but he's usually going to have to have two pair or better.
I don't think villian has JJ/AA/44/22/KQ here at all. 44-22 may re-raise pf but not enough for me to really want to put those hands into his range. TT (although I find unlikely since we have a T in our hand) def. would and could/would play it this way. I really can't see KQ here, unless he was setting his price on the turn, which I guess is possible.As for hands that beat us, I think TT/AA (both I Find more unlikely cause we have both an A and a T) and AJ are it on this hand.Meh, I'd probably put the raise here on the river, but I'm not 100% of that cause I don't know villain well and HU play is very read dependent (like would he fire riv with AQ AK, or rather check/call. Cause he def. fires with AJ and TT.---As for turn play, I think it's fine, but seeing as you both are so deep I'd probably raise some and hope to build a bigger pot while we most likely have the best hand.- Jordanedit -- I must say JJ may be a possibility. I know I probably wouldn't slow down on the turn with JJ in my hand, so I prob should include that in his range. So I'm not sold on a river raise, or river call...I think this really comes down to what you know about your opponent.
Villain's action is quite strange. He stabs hard preflop, then softens after the flop, and stays tame on the turn and river, and seems to only grudgingly come along for the all in in the end. It's hard not to put him on KK or AK, although he doesn't "wake up" when his A hits. I completely rule out the straight, it's too much for him to invest from the flop to see it. It's also difficult to put villain on AJ, or JJ, because he doesn't lead the river hard -- he stays in the same betting rhythm. If villain has a set or top two, you'd think that since he was getting called down but not raised on every street, that he'd lead harder at the river to fill up the pot. Again, it's hard to not put him on KK or AK. However, villain is committing all his chips, I'm curious why he does with KK and an A on the board, or with one pair. If I were villain and I was worried about my hand, I think I raise the turn and make sure I'm where I think I am going to be. If I were you, I would have raised the turn. As played, I think you have about an 80% chance of being ahead here.

My thinking was that I wanted to possibly sell the fact that I could have 10 9 or a hand like that, and not be convinced of his hand. to induce a bet/call on the river. He was a good enough player that he might have gotten off his hand on the turn if i had raised. Once the Jack hit, I was a little worried about AJ, because my range for his hand on the turn was largely AK, AQ, AJ. But I went with it, and it worked out, he had AK.And to Zach, yeah, it is pretty dumb to play him, probably not +EV. This might sound lame, but I want to become one of the best heads up players online, and I feel the only way to do that is to occasionally play people that are also very good. Notice how i said occasionally haha, not at all the time.

I don't think villian has JJ/AA/44/22/KQ here at all. 44-22 may re-raise pf but not enough for me to really want to put those hands into his range. TT (although I find unlikely since we have a T in our hand) def. would and could/would play it this way. I really can't see KQ here, unless he was setting his price on the turn, which I guess is possible.As for hands that beat us, I think TT/AA (both I Find more unlikely cause we have both an A and a T) and AJ are it on this hand.Meh, I'd probably put the raise here on the river, but I'm not 100% of that cause I don't know villain well and HU play is very read dependent (like would he fire riv with AQ AK, or rather check/call. Cause he def. fires with AJ and TT.
I agree that 44 and 22 aren't particularly likely, but they're definitely possible from the post-flop action. And I don't think it's impossible for him to have JJ/KQ. Yeah, it might be "normal" to check the turn, but it's just as likely that he'd keep the lead and bet the ace as though it hit him. The reason we can't narrow his range enough is that we never put in a raise to define the hands. Again that's fine if we're trying to get value from hands that we beat, but I think it's a somewhat bad idea if we're waiting for this river to go all-in.As for the villain's bet sizes, those are decently strong bets on each street. Unless we have some very specific reads about his bet-sizing, I don't think we can draw many conclusions beyond the fact that he "likes" his hand.