$100shnl Stars--betting The Scare Card?

CO is 27/3/1/55Button: I busted him while making this post (QQ<A10os aiaf of JJ3) and he left........His numbers were something silly like 75/7/3/30PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)UTG ($151.40)Hero ($159.45)CO ($64.10)Button ($79.15)SB ($119)BB ($119.10)Preflop: Hero is MP with 9 :D , 7 :D . 1 fold, Hero raises to $3, CO calls $3, Button calls $3, SB calls $2.50, 1 fold.3xBB was the standard p/f raise at this table. The BB is solid and won't call this without decent holdings. The SB folds to raises every time so I put him on premium cards here. I haven't gotten many hands so it should look like I'm a rock which is not what I want. This is part of the reason I'm raising this. The CO and Button have no clue and it seems as if they just play their cards. Flop: ($13) 2 :) , 6 :D , 8 :club:(4 players)SB checks, Hero bets $4, CO calls $4, Button calls $4, SB folds.Pretty damn good flop for me. My small bet is to try to define hands and help build a pot worth winning if I hit gin. SB folds, but I have no clue where I'm at now in relation to the weak players to my left. I wonder if checking is better here.Turn: ($25) 4 :)(3 players)Hero checks, CO bets $12, Button calls $12, Hero calls $12.I check to see what would happen. I couldn't bet $15 since I would be trapping myself if the CO pushes. When the CO bets out the $12 I considered folding until the Button called. I clearly have to call here. River: ($61) A :D(3 players)Is this a good scare card worth betting? What would be the proper bet size to take down the pot? This pot is $61, CO has $45ish, Button has $60ish.I never want to bluff bad players, but can I really concede this pot without taking a stab?

Is this a good scare card worth betting? What would be the proper bet size to take down the pot? This pot is $61, CO has $45ish, Button has $60ish.I never want to bluff bad players, but can I really concede this pot without taking a stab?[/b]
No. There are two interested villains. You're not pushing both of them out with a hand that has zero showdown value.

You're against 2 opponents. You'd never play AA like this and the A on the river can't really help you otherwise since you'd never see the river with AK so you can't rep that the A hit you.Oh yeah, YOU'RE AGAINST 2 OPPONENTS and you can definitely just give up on the river without taking a stab. Betting here is like burning money if your opponents think about what is going on at all.

I would check flop but i think that may just be my preference as it's probably marginal either way.I think you bet far too small on the flop though, as when people called you didn't get any info on their hands which leads to this situation now.As for betting the scare card, i really have no idea what the right play is.

I'd bet that flop harder to encourage a hand like 99 to fold.The line that goes:Preflop: RaiseFlop: c-betTurn: checkRiver: bet. . . gets looked up a ton.

I'm probably folding preflop, suited connectors are great but only when in position.Cbet the flop harder, you will get alot of hands to fold as that flop hasn't connected with hands like AT.I like check/calling the turn, when you get the right odds to draw which you have here.I'm never betting the river, very unlikely to get 2 people to fold and it won't really look like you have an Ace, just check/fold.Dave is right, the cbet, check, bet line gets called alot which is why it is great for value betting rather than bluffing.

CO is 27/3/1/55Button: I busted him while making this post (QQ<A10os aiaf of JJ3) and he left........His numbers were something silly like 75/7/3/30PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)UTG ($151.40)Hero ($159.45)CO ($64.10)Button ($79.15)SB ($119)BB ($119.10)Preflop: Hero is MP with 9 :D , 7 :D . 1 fold, Hero raises to $3, CO calls $3, Button calls $3, SB calls $2.50, 1 fold.3xBB was the standard p/f raise at this table. The BB is solid and won't call this without decent holdings. The SB folds to raises every time so I put him on premium cards here. I haven't gotten many hands so it should look like I'm a rock which is not what I want. This is part of the reason I'm raising this. The CO and Button have no clue and it seems as if they just play their cards. Flop: ($13) 2 :) , 6 :D , 8 :club:(4 players)SB checks, Hero bets $4, CO calls $4, Button calls $4, SB folds.Pretty damn good flop for me. My small bet is to try to define hands and help build a pot worth winning if I hit gin. SB folds, but I have no clue where I'm at now in relation to the weak players to my left. I wonder if checking is better here.Turn: ($25) 4 :)(3 players)Hero checks, CO bets $12, Button calls $12, Hero calls $12.I check to see what would happen. I couldn't bet $15 since I would be trapping myself if the CO pushes. When the CO bets out the $12 I considered folding until the Button called. I clearly have to call here. River: ($61) A :D(3 players)Is this a good scare card worth betting? What would be the proper bet size to take down the pot? This pot is $61, CO has $45ish, Button has $60ish.I never want to bluff bad players, but can I really concede this pot without taking a stab?
Hey GWCGWC...How do you come up with these "numbers" and what do they mean? I'm guessing they relate to a player's betting patterns?? I've seen so many people quote something like "villain was 10/42/3 over 100 hands". What the hell do they mean?? Me lost. Thanks for the help.
Hey GWCGWC...How do you come up with these "numbers" and what do they mean? I'm guessing they relate to a player's betting patterns?? I've seen so many people quote something like "villain was 10/42/3 over 100 hands". What the hell do they mean?? Me lost. Thanks for the help.
They are numbers that come from the program "PokerTracker".VPIP/PFR/AF/HandsVPIP = Voluntarily Put $$ in Pot % (How many hands they play voluntarily)PFR = Preflop Raise % (self explanatory)AF = Aggression Factor (derived from how often a player bets/raises vs calling)Hands = Number of hands logged for the villain.For more info, see the stickied Guidelines thread here, or the PT Info thread sticked in General Strategy, or check out the forums at http://pokertracker.com
They are numbers that come from the program "PokerTracker".VPIP/PFR/AF/HandsVPIP = Voluntarily Put $$ in Pot % (How many hands they play voluntarily)PFR = Preflop Raise % (self explanatory)AF = Aggression Factor (derived from how often a player bets/raises vs calling)Hands = Number of hands logged for the villain.For more info, see the stickied Guidelines thread here, or the PT Info thread sticked in General Strategy, or check out the forums at http://pokertracker.com
awww I was hoping for a surly comment followed by http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...showtopic=87898