Facing River Shove With 2nd Set

A friend of mine sent me this hand he encountered this weekend. I think he had only been at the table for a few minutes so no real reads. At the end I will share what I told him.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)MP ($173.75)CO ($100)Button ($270.90)SB ($100.50)Hero ($94.80)UTG ($116.70)Preflop: Hero is BB with qs.gif, qd.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.50. UTG calls $1, MP calls $1, 2 folds, SB (poster) completes, Hero raises to $3, UTG calls $2, MP calls $2, SB calls $2.Flop: ($13) ah.gif, qc.gif, 5s.gif(4 players)SB checks, Hero bets $5, UTG folds, MP folds, SB calls $5.Turn: ($23) 4c.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $12, SB calls $12.River: ($47) jc.gif(2 players)Converter acting funny but Hero bets $20, Villain shovels all in for $80 total, Hero???All from email I sent to him:Preflop: I'd raise to at least $7-$9 here. There is already $4 in the pot, now you make it $6 in there...ANYBODY will call $2 more to see a flop since the first guy is getting 3-1, the next is getting 4-1 and so on. You should only get 1 caller at the most if you jack it up to $7 or $8. I don't like playing pots with 3-4 people in it, especially with QQ.Flop: As played, with $12 in the pot, bet about 2/3rds here, or about $8 and pray for a call.Turn: This isn't a bad bet at all...I'd probably make it $15-ish but you are hoping for a call here too so I like it.River: At this point I'd probably bet Pot and commit myself to his river shove...After Villain shoves: Puke then call?You can possibly find a fold here but I'm donkish enough to pay this off. You don't beat:1. AA (no chance with the limp preflop in the SB...but i've seen stranger things)2: KT (possible but only if it was KcTc)3: 2-3 (I'd cry if he has this) 4: a flush.I could see AcKc, if so I don't know why he would limp in the SB then just call your raise preflop and see a multiway flop. My guess is you called and he showed Ac5c for the flush? I'd cry if I played this hand and lost to a hand that did not contain at least 1 ace. A good player can fold here but I am not that player lol.

Ace on board is gold and we should have bet the flop harder. I like his bet size on the turn, but obviously it would be slightly bigger with a proper flop bet. SB c/Res the river...wow!! That's so strong, or so bluffish. Maybe he hit 2 pair. But I think I'm more along your thinking that he found a flush with weakish ace.

Preflop raise should be bigger.My standard open raise is $4. With 3 limpers, I'd make it at least $7.
yep that raise is suicide, we need to protect our hand I also like $7 ishhero also needs to get a bit more money into the pot here on the flop and turn, the river is an instacall for me but I'm pretty sure that villian hit Ax :club:

This is a snap call. More often than not this is 2 pair... possibly off the flop and he thought he was slow playing... possibly caught one in the end.This hand was played so much like A-K that the villain shouldn't know how strong you really are.This is a snap call. Sorry, I can't fear chasing gutshots and runner runner flushes when I'm playing my sets.I hate the preflop bet. I actually don't mind the flop bet, it seems like a weakish scared continuation bet that is likely to get raised a good portion of the time. Turn is ok.

Anybody else have any river insight?
You have to pay it off, imho. It's much more likely he has a smaller set, or Aces up than a flush.
A friend of mine sent me this hand he encountered this weekend.
Your friend sucked on the flop and turn. Since our light flop bet was called, we need to start dumping chips in on the turn. Your friend did everything he could to price in the draws, and then he probably paid them off besides ..

Ok...I guess the majority said pay it off. I would have done the same.It turns out he folded the river shove and he isn't sure if it was the right play or not. He probably saved $60 but who knows.

i feel as if he hit the straight...no reason for him to call with 2 clubs on the flop unless he had an ace with a weak kicker...which is why you should always raise with your good hands