Fcp Player Of The Year For 2010

2010 is almost over so it's time for the 2010 FCP Player of The year to be named.The Player of the Year should be the FCPer who had the best poker year in 2010.What we're going to do is get suggestons for nominations in this thread and then on Dec 30th we'll put up a poll with the nominated players and let you vote on who should be the player of the year. We'll close the voting on Jan 2nd.So who should it be and please tell us why. Even if it seems like it might be obvious why somebody should be considered it'll help us if you can be specific about a player's poker accomplishments in 2010.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Sparco.He is constantly good-natured, always willing to help, offers incredible knowledge into some areas that almost no others can (and is willing to share said knowledge), and he looks at the game from a beautifully pure stand-point.Oh, plus he won a bracelet.

Mr. Sparco... because of what kobe and everyone else said. Gibler had a great year, but doesn't post here at all. I wouldn't even put Gibler on the list because of that reason, and if you put his name on the poll he would probably win easily because of his results, but again he doesn't post here.ship itt had a good year also. Not sure if he will ever come back after that nnb thread though.

Mr. Sparco.He is constantly good-natured, always willing to help, offers incredible knowledge into some areas that almost no others can (and is willing to share said knowledge), and he looks at the game from a beautifully pure stand-point.Oh, plus he won a bracelet.
^^^ This ^^^I have been here for almost a year now, and have seen very little (if any) of this Gibler kid. He may be from the "Glory Days" of FCP, but Mr. Sparco did win a bracelet, and is very helpful in the forums.Would also like to nominate for honorable mention Rose for her PCA ticket, and TrueAce13 for starting the year -1k and finishing +21k.

DinkDonk bc he crushes nosebleed stakes LHE. He has a brilliant poker mind and always contributes to strat discussions about min-betting.Sparco bc he shipped a bracelet and is a great contributor here at FCP.2 horse race, imo

Mr Spraco , Marcel bracelet and the fact he does post more here. His input on FCP is great. $600,000 in winningsGibler what can we say, his record speaks on it's own. 2.2 mill + the Florida Championship. When Harrison turns 21 look out world , I can just see what he will do at WSOP and the other big events. Gibler also won a package to the PCA this month. Honorable mentions to Dink Donk, True Ace, JustlikeNegs, Kobe2odom8thx guys for the nominations but I hardly compare to the ones above. Thx Davide forgot about my EPT FT lol.

Sparco is the only one in my mind.....that's chiefly because I don't have the underlying relationships on here as to know about what players are just killing nosebleed stake games, etc.Def can't be Gib tho. Nothing negative of course, he's a friggen superstar in the making (aka- life without losing flips) :club: That said it's like giving a player supernova elite status because they shipped the SM. Just nowhere near the volume necessary.

Def can't be Gib tho. Nothing negative of course, he's a friggen superstar in the making (aka- life without losing flips) :club: That said it's like giving a player supernova elite status because they shipped the SM. Just nowhere near the volume necessary.
huh? Gib prob puts in more volume than Sparco and pretty much makes a FT every week, he didn't just ship the PCA...
he was referring to fcp volume (posts)
I don't really see how that's ever made clear in the post (and the analogy doesn't really make sense either)
I don't really see how that's ever made clear in the post (and the analogy doesn't really make sense either)
It's not clear, but it makes at least a little sense. I get what he's saying- just that the award is FCP player of the year should go to someone who posts on FCP with some reasonable frequency (like playing on Stars with frequency) not someone who posts here once in a while (like playing at Stars once in a while) and happened to win a big tournament (SM) and then shared that victory in some small way with FCP. I think basically if you change the idea of SN elite to like an imaginary "Stars Tourney POY" or something it makes more sense.Anyway, I'm not saying I agree or disagree with that sentiment, just trying to clarify.