Combo Draws Vs Possible Lag

I'm gonna do this hand piece by piece because I think there are plenty of ways to play it and the fact that this is a deepstacked game gives more room for maneuverability. I'd just like opinions on how you would play each part specifically.Villian is like 40/20/3 over small sample size (20-30 hands) so not TOO much weight can be placed on stats. I had been only in one previous pot in with him in which he called my raise and bet pot into me on a J high board. I folded. I haven't noticed him bet into any other raisers after calling a raise p-flop though so I'm not sure what it means.Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $1.50/$39 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $1032.70UTG+1: $331.50MP1: $316.30MP2: $297Hero: $595.50CO: $563.20Button: $422.20SB: $606.25BB: $598.45Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP3 with T :D Q :D UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, Hero raises to $13, 3 folds, BB calls, UTG+1 folds.Flop: T :club: J :D 8 :D ($30.5, 2 players)BB bets $22, Hero?Repop or take cheap turn? I'm assuming noone folds.

I always raise here. First because it gives you the possibility of taking down the pot right away. But also, usually you'll have a choice on the turn of either firing out another bullet or checking for a free river assuming you brick. You have to assume he'll fire again at a lot of turns so you're better off being aggressive early and giving yourself the option of taking a free card later.

Am I losing my mind, or did this exact hand not get posted like a week ago? lol
I agree. I'm glad you said it because I thought I was taking crazy pills or something.

Raise raise raise all day baby :club: at least 5 times his bet. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I just played this hand today so for whatever hand it is being referenced to, it is not identical. Anyways I figured the flop was an easy raise due to his potentially large range and my hand's potential. So I popped it and was cold called. Turn is obviously a blank. Now what? Take a free card now or fire another barrel? If we fire again do we call a push if he comes over the top? This is deepstacked, so do we like having to call a push with 2nd pair and a draw if we're faced with that decision? If we double barrel we might push him off a J or higher flush draw. I think this type of villian is taking any two pair/set along for the ride and obviously a straight as well but would they really lead into raiser with that type of hand on flop and cold call the repop instead of pushing back on such a potentially scary board? Even if I had the nut straight I would be reraising this board simply because there are so many turn cards which could kill action. What would he lead with here and call a 3X reraise? Once he called I personally limited his range to a J with a good kicker or some type of draw. Therefore turn is actually good because its going to be hard for him to call a big bet on a blank turn with a draw or a jack. Then again, if he thinks his hand is good on flop, is that turn card going to make him think otherwise? What now?Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $1.50/$39 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $1032.70UTG+1: $331.50MP1: $316.30MP2: $297Hero: $595.50CO: $563.20Button: $422.20SB: $606.25BB: $598.45Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP3 with T :D Q :D UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, Hero raises to $13, 3 folds, BB calls, UTG+1 folds.Flop: T :D J :D 8 :) ($30.5, 2 players)BB bets $22, Hero raises to $66, BB calls.Turn: 6 :club: ($162.5, 2 players)BB checks, Hero?

Unless you think you're ahead, or you think you have substantial fold equity, you should be checking the turn, since our equity plummets significantly on the turn. If you think we're ahead, then I'd like a bet, and check the river down. If you think you have FE, then by all means, try to win the pot. However, if you think he has a J or an overpair and isn't going anywhere, or a straight for that matter, betting is a bad idea, because being repopped here is very bad for our hand.

I think this spot right here is one of the toughest in NL. In this case, you raised almost the full pot on the flop and he called. So I'm giving him credit for some kind of hand. But wow, I'm trying to assess his range and it's reasonable he's ahead of us and it's reasonable we're ahead but he's got a bigger draw. I'm confused as hell by this one, so I guess my move is to check and see what develops on the river. Blah. This hand stumps me. :club:

Alright so I bet because I figured he might be hanging on with a stubborn hand/draw and turn couldn't have helped him. Also, if I get called I have lots of outs, right? Maybe not, river brings great card, until he pushes into me. Now I'm faced with calling 140BB bet with 3rd nuts. What hand pushes here besides another flush? Would a straight do this? Seems unlikely. Would he bet flop with air, call 3X reraise and bet on turn then push river? Very unlikely. Set? Doubt it. So do we call hoping he has a lower flush/another horribly misplayed hand? I would say yes normally but this is a 140BB bet. Thoughts?Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $1.50/$39 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $1032.70UTG+1: $331.50MP1: $316.30MP2: $297Hero: $595.50CO: $563.20Button: $422.20SB: $606.25BB: $598.45Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP3 with T :D Q :D UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, Hero raises to $13, 3 folds, BB calls, UTG+1 folds.Flop: T :D J :D 8 :) ($30.5, 2 players)BB bets $22, Hero raises to $66, BB calls.Turn: 6 :club: ($162.5, 2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $102, BB calls.River: 5 :) ($366.5, 2 players)BB is all-in $417.45, Hero?

I think once you bet the turn it disguises your hand somewhat, so villian could be betting with a wide range of hands here, because to him it might not look like you were on a flush draw. The only thing you'd have to worry about is a higher flush, and if he has that then oh well.

It's a call and it's not even close.
I agree I think it is a call but I disagree with it being "not even close". To say that seems to be only playing our cards, no? I didn't say villian was incompetent although over such a small sample size he could be. Assuming he isn't, what hand plays the hand as he did then overshoves river for 150BB after 3rd club hits? I'd say horribly played straight, a busted straight draw trying to represent flush or a higher/lower flush. Since he seems to be playing a lot of hands it could easily be non nut flush if he has this hand. Given this range I called but if villian were TAG I suggest seriously thinking about this becuase a normal TAG isn't overshoving this river for 140BB into an opponent who has shown strength all the way down without the nuts or near nuts. It is a easier call against a LAG but nonetheless a strange overbet.
I'm gonna do this hand piece by piece because I think there are plenty of ways to play it and the fact that this is a deepstacked game gives more room for maneuverability. I'd just like opinions on how you would play each part specifically.Villian is like 40/20/3 over small sample size (20-30 hands) so not TOO much weight can be placed on stats. I had been only in one previous pot in with him in which he called my raise and bet pot into me on a J high board. I folded. I haven't noticed him bet into any other raisers after calling a raise p-flop though so I'm not sure what it means.Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $1.50/$39 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $1032.70UTG+1: $331.50MP1: $316.30MP2: $297Hero: $595.50CO: $563.20Button: $422.20SB: $606.25BB: $598.45Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP3 with T :D Q :D UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, Hero raises to $13, 3 folds, BB calls, UTG+1 folds.Flop: T :club: J :D 8 :D ($30.5, 2 players)BB bets $22, Hero?Repop or take cheap turn? I'm assuming noone folds.
With these stacks, I take the cheap turn.

Hard to say, but i would definitely call. I think he might have flopped a straight but when you showed back aggression he put you on a set and wanted to make sure the board didn't pair. He definitely doesn't put you on a flush as played. He might also have air or a one pair and is trying to represent the flush now. the one hand i would be worried about is the A9 of clubs otherwise he would be dumb to put in that much money with any other draw. You got the river you wanted, can't chicken out now. If your beat take your licks and move on.BUT CALL. DEF. CALL

When he check/calls down and insta shoves the river, I was thinking, wow, what a bluffzilla. He'd make this play all the way down with just a nine, especially if he has a pair and a 9. Your turn bet made him think that he could push you off easily if he shoves a scary river card that doesn't improve him. I mean, heck, if he has a better flush then he played it REALLLY, REALLY bad, and got lucky you had something to pay him off with. This is a somewhat standard call I'd say.

I think once you bet the turn it disguises your hand somewhat, so villian could be betting with a wide range of hands here, because to him it might not look like you were on a flush draw. The only thing you'd have to worry about is a higher flush, and if he has that then oh well.
this is money

i definately dont think its an instacall but its definately a call. i mean your really never gonna actually fold unless its a remarkable situation so whats the difference