Bubble Area Of 20k Gtd On Stars

36 left in 20k gtd. 27 get paid, I had avg stack in 18th place. Villian hadn't shown a hand since I'd been there, only about 10-15 hands. I def figured him for a flush draw on the flop, just wondering if anyone does anything differently like lead the flop or just call where I raised. The re-reraise ont the flop was because his reraise left him with around 500 chips.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t1200 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)MP2 (t14974)MP3 (t2542)CO (t12153)Button (t32004)SB (t15258)Hero (t21010)UTG (t19337)UTG+1 (t30361)MP1 (t21477)Preflop: Hero is BB with 8spade.gif, 7diamond.gif. 3 folds, MP2 calls t1200, 4 folds, Hero checks.Flop: (t3000) 6diamond.gif, 2club.gif, 7club.gif(2 players)Hero checks, MP2 bets t2400, Hero raises to t7200, MP2 raises to t13200, Hero raises to t19200, MP2 calls t499 (All-In).Turn: (t35899) Jheart.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)River: (t35899) Jclub.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: t35899

If you're not already beat by an overpair, then he's likely got 2 overs to go along with his draw...which means this is a bad spot for you to take a stand. I'd lead out on the flop and try to take it down there, and fold to his raise if its big enough. I think a check raise there is dangerous given his preflop action. Remember you want to keep pots small with weak hands.

He's most likely making a stand with a club draw, and will have at LEAST one, if not both overcards. I am not a big fan though of taking a stand with a pair of 7's against ~15 outs twice. Don't raise him on the flop, wait for a non club turn to make a play, imo.

He's most likely making a stand with a club draw, and will have at LEAST one, if not both overcards. I am not a big fan though of taking a stand with a pair of 7's against ~15 outs twice. Don't raise him on the flop, wait for a non club turn to make a play, imo.
There's a few things I don't like in this response even though I agree with your final assessment about not taking the stand. Taking a coinflip when there is money in the pot is something that you have to do. Passing up these situations is bad tournament strategy. Waiting for safe turns is an Omaha philosophy, that is not what you want to do in texas hold em. We want our opponent to overpay for his draw but to call, not to see safe turn price him out and take it down, that is weak poker. What is a safe turn card? a 7 or non club 8? I don't mind C/R here but Hero didn't make it big enough. C/R should be more like 10k instead of 3x the bet. I don't really understand why we put villain on a club draw? Because he limped and then bet the flop? I think that is way too narrow to put him on a range here, he could have missed overs, overpair, set, just about anything. His bet on the flop gives 0 info, he just showed aggression when he saw weakness. The best info we have is his PF limp with an M of around 8 he could certainly be limping with huge hands here. By checking we obtain no information and are essentially trapping with a very weak hand, especially when you are not able to price out a flush draw with a C/R anyways.My favorite line is to lead out. If I do check, it is to induce one bet and C/R big to try and end the hand against two overs that don't have clubs. If he has clubs it's getting in regardless so action doesn't matter.I'm still not sure about what I do on bet line if he raises all in, it's very close to bet/call and bet/fold. Check/call is a bad line just because you are hoping he cooperates all the way through the hand and doesn't outdraw you. Check/fold is too tight weak. C/R isn't horrible.

checking the flop is awful here, imo. He is guaranteed to CB and you still have no idea where you stand if you call. He could be on anything from a flush draw to AA to air. As skillz says, a response to a raise is tough but I probably fold. I dont want to go to war against a preflop and flop raiser with TPNK.