Parise Or Getzlaf

Personally, i would take Parise. he has all the intangibles and is absolutely coming further into his own with every passing game. Getzlaf is a great player, and is going to continue to get even better but i think i'd rather have the leadership and two way presence of Parise.

Personally, i would take Parise. he has all the intangibles and is absolutely coming further into his own with every passing game. Getzlaf is a great player, and is going to continue to get even better but i think i'd rather have the leadership and two way presence of Parise.
I work with a die-hard knowledgable Devils fan who would much rather have Getzlaf so I'll go with him. Funny but I think Getzlaf is the better all-around player, impossible to move off the puck, rocket shot, physical, etc. I really can't see how Parise could have leadership qualities in his 2nd season...(much like Getzlaf) I mean I can say Getzlaf plays hard every night and appears to lead by example..but he's in his 2nd season man....much like Parise appears to be the same way...I'd say their leadership qualities appear equal at this point...mainly because they both play hard every night...and at many times have been their teams' respective best players which is remarkable given their youth. I think Parise is a dynamite player but I'll take the size/skill combo of Getzlaf I think, he has shown flashes that he can take over games individually. I look for a lot more of that next season and a really sick statisical year.
Didn't even think it was close Getzlaf. We'll see in 2-4 years.

Getzlaf AINEC!Getzlaf, to me, is one of the best young players to come along in a long time. He will be one of those players that does everything well (score, hit, powerplay, PK). Those multiple-tool guys don't come along very often. Parise has great offensive skills, but IMO he doesn't possess the complete package that Getzlaf does.

to say its not even close on this one isn't right i dont think. obviously i am a homer cos parise is on the devils but he has always been unrated, he even won the mvp at the wjc and still got no press. i think the only place where it really is not even close is size, aside from that parise to me appears to score and pass equally well, is pretty tenacious on the forecheck, blocks shots and has shown signs that he could have what it takes to me a future leader. he does all the little things well.obviously getzlaf is a great player too and does the majority of things also, but to say the two guys are not even close is under estimating parises worth to the devils.the reason i brought this topic up is due to the proximity of their draft positions. parise was 17th and getzlaf 19th. another factor that has them pretty damn close in my eyes :club:

to say its not even close on this one isn't right i dont think. obviously i am a homer cos parise is on the devils but he has always been unrated, he even won the mvp at the wjc and still got no press. i think the only place where it really is not even close is size, aside from that parise to me appears to score and pass equally well, is pretty tenacious on the forecheck, blocks shots and has shown signs that he could have what it takes to me a future leader. he does all the little things well.obviously getzlaf is a great player too and does the majority of things also, but to say the two guys are not even close is under estimating parises worth to the devils.the reason i brought this topic up is due to the proximity of their draft positions. parise was 17th and getzlaf 19th. another factor that has them pretty damn close in my eyes :club:
You are taking the AINEC out of context. I'm not saying the two players are worlds apart talent-wise. I'm saying the question as to whom I would choose of the two is not even close.
hmm, i would have thought one thing leads to another but i guess it possible just to like one guy a lot more so i'll let it slide heh.
I just think that a Parise is much easier to replace than a Getzlaf.

Getzlaf might be the better all around player but I firmly believe that Parise fits into the Devils system better than Getzlaf would, maybs I'm wrong but I do like both players a lot and I hope they both continue to grow and mature.

Getzlaf might be the better all around player but I firmly believe that Parise fits into the Devils system better than Getzlaf would, maybs I'm wrong but I do like both players a lot and I hope they both continue to grow and mature.
Getzlaf would be the perfect 1a complement to Gomez much like he is to Andy Mac...Gomez is better than Andy Mac but they are similar...Parise is similar also...thus it's almost like having 2 RB's that both are shifty/speedy...you're not giving the opposition a different look. Now combine the speedy guy with the power guy and you've got a tandem that can frustrate. This is why I agree with Digital and think that it's so rare to have a guy like Getzlaf with his size and talent, there are many more carbon copies of 5'11 speedy guys with heart.