Time Again For Our Weekly Nlhe Strat Tourney

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Anyone has and Q's about hands I'll gladly answer, Will try and find some interesting HH's 2moro probably.

First, tonight's order of finish and points awarded: 1: stupidkid888 (26 pts) 2: Copernicus/TheDominator (18) 3: tskilz187 (12) 4: goheels/JAS II (9) 5: aucu (6) 6: SlackerInc1 (5) 7: meservery/ererevsym (4) 8: GalloFX (3) 9: tripdeuces/mrbumpkin (2) 10: Yahkin (1)Next, the total points and standings after four weeks (six more to go in this cycle):1: SlackerInc (57 pts)2: Copernicus/TheDominator (37)3: tripdeuces/mrbumpkin (36)4: goheels/JAS II (29)5: stupidkid888 (26)6: tskilz187 (20)7: conor_mw (16)8(tie): simo_8ball (12)8(tie): IBTHEPENNY (12)8(tie): Yahkin (12)11: meservery/ererevsym (10)12(tie): vivian.girls/navybuttons (7)12(tie): Gallo (7)14: aucu (6)15: Naslund44 (5)16(tie): GrinderMJ (4)16(tie): KevinJA8 (4)18: Zach6668 (3)19(tie): KYSlim05 (1)19(tie): dereeekho (1)There was talk of having a bounty on each week's winner the following week. I like that idea, so if there's no objection, let's put a five point bounty on stupidkid888 for next week.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Anyone has and Q's about hands I'll gladly answer, Will try and find some interesting HH's 2moro probably.
Congrats, Kid! You've got a target on your head next week...
Hand 1 I'm down with. Hand 2 I'd bet the flop (learned that from this board).
I'll second that!
Stack sizes:UTG: t1665UTG+1: t1175MP1: t1460MP2: t1405MP3: t2200Hero: t1600Button: t3230SB: t1270BB: t995Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is CO with 9 :D 8 :D5 folds, Hero calls t50 (pot was t75), Button calls t50 (pot was t125), SB calls t25 (pot was t175), BB checks.Flop: 7 :D T :) J :club: (t200, 4 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.Turn: 8 :D (t200, 4 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets t150, Button raises to t450, SB raises all-in t1220, BB folds, Hero pukes
"Hero Pukes" I lol'dThat 2nd hand looks almost exactly like the one that put in to shortstack mode. I'll post it when I get the HH, I know I probably should've laid it down, my gut told me to fold, but I was just like no way he just caught runner runner. It was against JAS (don't know who that is on this board)The first 2 tournies I was in I know I played like crap hence which is why I placed like bottom two. I probably played like crap cause it was against the guys here on the board. This third one, I was just gonna try and play my game and try not to do anything stupid, I thought I was doing pretty good, even when I was shortstacked, I actually doubled up but finally got knocked out by Copernicus when my QJ was up against his 10/10, I already committed my stack when I raised and was actually glad to see it was a race.

I forgot to post my bust out hand.7 handed and I have an M of a little over 3. Folds to me on the button. Shove any 2 cards?

I forgot to post my bust out hand.7 handed and I have an M of a little over 3. Folds to me on the button. Shove any 2 cards?
I vote yes.BTW, Gallo, JAS II is goheels.As you can see by stupidkid rising to fifth place after not playing the first three weeks, there's plenty of time for anyone to rise to the top! But there's a particularly intense jostling going on in spots 2-6. I'm looking forward to next week already (gotta get back in the winner's circle).
I vote yes.BTW, Gallo, JAS II is goheels.As you can see by stupidkid rising to fifth place after not playing the first three weeks, there's plenty of time for anyone to rise to the top! But there's a particularly intense jostling going on in spots 2-6. I'm looking forward to next week already (gotta get back in the winner's circle).
That number will be smaller come my 3rd week of playing. :club:

People were whining about starting out short handed, so I did my best to get everyone but me to the FT. :)Thoughts on my bustout hand? I had been cold decked since the first hand and had only seen one ace in 44 previous hands. Was this just a case of overaggressive boredom play, or does it have merit? I was looking at 12 outs and 50/50 to improve with 2 cards to come. I obviously can't call here, and folding leaves me in ok shape with an effective M in the mid teens and 880 chips.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)SB (t1270)BB (t1375)UTG (t1785)Hero (t1150)Button (t1920)Preflop: Hero is MP with Theart.gif, Aheart.gif. 1 fold, Hero raises to t90, 1 fold, SB calls t75, 1 fold.Flop: (t210) Jheart.gif, Jspade.gif, Kheart.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets t180, SB raises to t450, Hero raises to t1060, SB calls t610.Turn: (t2330) 7club.gif(2 players)River: (t2330) Aspade.gif(2 players)Final Pot: t2330SB has 9d Jd (three of a kind, jacks). Hero has Th Ah (two pair, aces and jacks). Outcome: SB wins t2330.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)SB (t1270)BB (t1375)UTG (t1785)Hero (t1150)Button (t1920)Preflop: Hero is MP with Theart.gif, Aheart.gif. 1 fold, Hero raises to t90, 1 fold, SB calls t75, 1 fold.Flop: (t210) Jheart.gif, Jspade.gif, Kheart.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets t180, SB raises to t450, Hero raises to t1060, SB calls t610.Turn: (t2330) 7club.gif(2 players)River: (t2330) Aspade.gif(2 players)Final Pot: t2330SB has 9d Jd (three of a kind, jacks). Hero has Th Ah (two pair, aces and jacks). Outcome: SB wins t2330.
I would play it the exact same way. Even with the board being paired.
People were whining about starting out short handed, so I did my best to get everyone but me to the FT. :)Thoughts on my bustout hand? I had been cold decked since the first hand and had only seen one ace in 44 previous hands. Was this just a case of overaggressive boredom play, or does it have merit? I was looking at 12 outs and 50/50 to improve with 2 cards to come. I obviously can't call here, and folding leaves me in ok shape with an effective M in the mid teens and 880 chips.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)SB (t1270)BB (t1375)UTG (t1785)Hero (t1150)Button (t1920)Preflop: Hero is MP with Theart.gif, Aheart.gif. 1 fold, Hero raises to t90, 1 fold, SB calls t75, 1 fold.Flop: (t210) Jheart.gif, Jspade.gif, Kheart.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets t180, SB raises to t450, Hero raises to t1060, SB calls t610.Turn: (t2330) 7club.gif(2 players)River: (t2330) Aspade.gif(2 players)Final Pot: t2330SB has 9d Jd (three of a kind, jacks). Hero has Th Ah (two pair, aces and jacks). Outcome: SB wins t2330.
Its a bit surprising to some people but even with a monster draw like this, if you put villain on any J (other than JJ) you are a 2:1 dog. After his flop raise I would just call and take a look at the turn. If its a blank youve dropped to a 4:1 dog and probably have to fold to any action. If a low heart hits youre a 2:1 favorite...not as dominating as many would think...and villain has an auto-cal.
Villain was Slacker, wasn't it? I'm willing to bet it was, looks like his type of hand to play with.
Villain was Slacker, wasn't it? I'm willing to bet it was, looks like his type of hand to play with.
Indeed. :club:

Didn't really get anything going this tournament, other than AA in my BB which was folded to me, floped one set that got paid off reasonably. My last had was 77 which I raised with in LP and one of the blinds re-poped me all in which I thought was a re-steal by it was with QQ and I'm out.

Heh.So I'm getting a bit of a rep, eh? LOL That hand gave me the chip lead, despite having started the tourney late (and last in chips by the time I got there, having missed almost the first 50 hands including an AA, two AKs and an AQ). But then I did one of my typical fizzles from there--it's really crazy how I seem to thrive much better making comebacks.BTW, as I pointed out in chat, though someone accused me of playing "anything", at the point they made this accusation I was only 19% to the flop (and I reset my stats after the hand posted above, so that does not include the hands I was sitting out at the beginning). So I am selective in the hands--and positions--I play; I just have certain hands (mainly suited gapped connectors) that I personally like to play which many of you may not.
Didn't really get anything going this tournament, other than AA in my BB which was folded to me
I remember that! Hate hate HATE it when that happens! (Almost as much as when I have AA in a family pot.)
I remember that! Hate hate HATE it when that happens! (Almost as much as when I have AA in a family pot.)
Whats worse is when you have been looking at Q3o, K7o, J2o the whole tourney, folding constantly, and then you get AA UTG. No matter what you do, youre not getting action from observant players.
Whats worse is when you have been looking at Q3o, K7o, J2o the whole tourney, folding constantly, and then you get AA UTG. No matter what you do, youre not getting action from observant players.
Good reason to play a few unconventional hands!
Good reason to play a few unconventional hands!
Tried twice. 3 bet preflop both times. ISAP.