New Blog: Backdoor Straight

I read it and didnt like it. Maybe i just dont understand it. are these things really going through your mind when you play? a rock tight guy re raises me and im holding sixes... i fold. maybe i just dont understand it

It was a pretty good blog. I think it could use a little less profanity as humor though, as I don't find swearing to really add or be funny. But overall good!(Jays up 6-0 vs yanks wohoo! :club: )

It was a pretty good blog. I think it could use a little less profanity as humor though, as I don't find swearing to really add or be funny. But overall good!(Jays up 6-0 vs yanks wohoo! :club: )
I got burnett in my money league :D , k end of hijack

Fun read man, I look forward to future editions.

I read it and didnt like it. Maybe i just dont understand it. are these things really going through your mind when you play? a rock tight guy re raises me and im holding sixes... i fold. maybe i just dont understand it
You do? In NL?It takes quite a raise to get me to fold any pair in an NL cash game preflop. Just saying.As for the blog, I was hoping he backdoored that flush, lol.
You do? In NL?It takes quite a raise to get me to fold any pair in an NL cash game preflop. Just saying.As for the blog, I was hoping he backdoored that flush, lol.
Same. Because implied odds on sets equals +EV at most low stakes tables where people can't fold big pocket pairs.

Thanks for the replies, very much appreciated (didn't expect that many).The hand is somewhat fictional, just introducing the blog. Obviously if I had sixes and was up against aces I would not play them that way. Don't take it too seriously.Also thanks for the comment about the swearing, I was actually wondering if that was too much and I think you're right. I guess I was just adding some edge. I'm going to post later today on table image vs. table image.