Anaheim Vs Vancouver

wow. speechless. they were outplayed for basically 50 minutes of this game. Unbelievable. Maybe this will inject some life back into this team.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice no call on SelanneRefs GIFTED it to the Ducks despite the fact that we looked horrible in the last 10 minutes. Call me a homer, but that was a BS non call.
Homer.

I think this Anaheim team is head and shoulders above any other team in the NHL...The only way they dont win the CUP is if they somehow get outplayed by San Jose..But I dont see it happening...The Ducks are a powerhouse and a team with Pronger and Niedermayer is just scary good..

I think this Anaheim team is head and shoulders above any other team in the NHL...The only way they dont win the CUP is if they somehow get outplayed by San Jose..But I dont see it happening...The Ducks are a powerhouse and a team with Pronger and Niedermayer is just scary good..
I don't see any team in the west beating them. I really don't see any team in the East beating them. But what do I know, I'm just a fan.
I don't see any team in the west beating them. I really don't see any team in the East beating them. But what do I know, I'm just a fan.
From Scotty Bowman's nbc.com blog :
I thought Anaheim would have a bit of an edge because they beat Minnesota in five games. But the longer that Game 2 went, the more I had a feeling that their three lines were going to be a bit of a problem. For most of the third period and in the overtime for sure, they played nine forwards. And when you get into power plays and penalty killing and have to use some of those nine players in those situations, you'd like to be able to grab that fourth line and try to change the momentum of the game.
I concur.I know my boys don't get much respect around here, but I can't see anybody honestly thinking that the Ducks are head and shoulders above any team still left in the final 8, let alone the Sens.Alfredsson > SelanneSpezza >> McDonaldHeatley >>> KunitzFisher >> GetzlafComrie > PennerSchaefer > PerryVermette, Kelly, Neil > Niedermayer, Moen, PahlssonSchubert, McAmmond, Saprykin >>> Shannon, May, ThorntonOn D, the Ducks do have a slight edge because of Pronger and Niedermayer, but not on depth :Niedermayer, Beauchemin > Redden, MeszarosPronger, O'Donnell > Phillips, VolchenkovCorvo, Priessing >>> DiPenta, HuskinsIn net,Emery = GiguèreI rest my case. Defense counsel, you may proceed...
From Scotty Bowman's nbc.com blog :I concur.I know my boys don't get much respect around here, but I can't see anybody honestly thinking that the Ducks are head and shoulders above any team still left in the final 8, let alone the Sens.Alfredsson < Selanne (in this years playoffs Alfredsson has performed better i grant you)Spezza >> McDonaldHeatley >>> KunitzFisher < GetzlafComrie > PennerSchaefer = PerryVermette, Kelly, Neil < Niedermayer, Moen, PahlssonSchubert, McAmmond, Saprykin >>> Shannon, May, ThorntonOn D, the Ducks do have a slight edge because of Pronger and Niedermayer, but not on depth :Niedermayer, Beauchemin >> Redden, MeszarosPronger, O'Donnell >> Phillips, VolchenkovCorvo, Priessing >>> DiPenta, HuskinsIn net,Emery < GiguèreI rest my case. Defense counsel, you may proceed...
Those would be my changes from a non partial outsider. Thats just 5-5 hockey too, you gotta take special teams into account. I think the Ducks would take the Sens in 6.
From Scotty Bowman's nbc.com blog :I concur.I know my boys don't get much respect around here, but I can't see anybody honestly thinking that the Ducks are head and shoulders above any team still left in the final 8, let alone the Sens.Alfredsson > SelanneSpezza >> McDonaldHeatley >>> KunitzFisher >> GetzlafComrie > PennerSchaefer > PerryVermette, Kelly, Neil > Niedermayer, Moen, PahlssonSchubert, McAmmond, Saprykin >>> Shannon, May, ThorntonOn D, the Ducks do have a slight edge because of Pronger and Niedermayer, but not on depth :Niedermayer, Beauchemin > Redden, MeszarosPronger, O'Donnell > Phillips, VolchenkovCorvo, Priessing >>> DiPenta, HuskinsIn net,Emery = GiguèreI rest my case. Defense counsel, you may proceed...
You are missing the point...YOu say the Ducks have a slight edge in Defense..are you crazy???The combo of Pronger and Niedermayer is 10 times better than any two you can put out there...They play 30 minutes a game and our MONSTERS...And while the top 3 of Ottawa's offense might compete...Top 6 anaheim takes them hands down...And Giguere is way better, more experienced than EMERY...
On D, the Ducks do have a slight edge because of Pronger and Niedermayer, but not on depth :Niedermayer, Beauchemin > Redden, MeszarosPronger, O'Donnell > Phillips, VolchenkovCorvo, Priessing >>> DiPenta, Huskins
Ice time in the last game...Corvo, Priessing >>> DiPenta, Huskins16:27, 14:17..................6:01, 8:07
You are missing the point...YOu say the Ducks have a slight edge in Defense..are you crazy???The combo of Pronger and Niedermayer is 10 times better than any two you can put out there...They play 30 minutes a game and our MONSTERS...And while the top 3 of Ottawa's offense might compete...Top 6 anaheim takes them hands down...And Giguere is way better, more experienced than EMERY...
Serge come on, yes Niedermayer and Pronger are probably the 2 best d-men in the league, but to say that they are 10 times better than a guy like Redden is just dumb exaggeration. And it's all about the pair. It quite easy to play away from a star defender and to always attack the opposite side. In this sense, I think Phillips-Volchenkov could be considered a better shutdown pair than Pronger-O'Donnell because of the balance.Anaheim top 6 hands down...bah, whatever !

When Carlyle moved May to the Getzlaf line last night it seemed like it gave them a big boost and might be a way to get the 4th line a bit more time interchanging Penner there with May....and as a partial observer I agree with Rinswun's assessment of the matchup, though I don't think it will matter much as I still think New Jersey will advance past this round. Any post that says Fisher>Getzlaf ends my viewing abruptly. Getzlaf's been the best Ducks forward all playoffs AINEC.

Serge come on, yes Niedermayer and Pronger are probably the 2 best d-men in the league, but to say that they are 10 times better than a guy like Redden is just dumb exaggeration. And it's all about the pair. It quite easy to play away from a star defender and to always attack the opposite side. In this sense, I think Phillips-Volchenkov could be considered a better shutdown pair than Pronger-O'Donnell because of the balance.Anaheim top 6 hands down...bah, whatever !
Redden is not in the same league as these two...and there are TWO of them...Redden is a good defenceman...Pronger and Niedermayer are superstars
Any post that says Fisher>Getzlaf ends my viewing abruptly. Getzlaf's been the best Ducks forward all playoffs AINEC.
Getzlaf is good, don't get me wrong, but 9 games does not a career make. I'll give him the edge in stickhandling and flashyness, FWIW. However, Fisher is the total package, great shot (lore says his wrister has been clocked at 90+ MPH), blazing speed, great balance, relentless forecheck/backcheck/gap control, hard hitter, excellent passer and better than average faceoff man. Unfortunately, he has always been in the role of shutdown center and plays the game the John Madden way, always sacrificing offense for defense. Being a great hockey player is not all about putting up points. I'll bet that you couldn't find a pro scout or GM that wouldn't want Fisher on their team.Your claim to AINEC is ludicrous imo.
Getzlaf is good, don't get me wrong, but 9 games does not a career make. I'll give him the edge in stickhandling and flashyness, FWIW. However, Fisher is the total package, great shot (lore says his wrister has been clocked at 90+ MPH), blazing speed, great balance, relentless forecheck/backcheck/gap control, hard hitter, excellent passer and better than average faceoff man. Unfortunately, he has always been in the role of shutdown center and plays the game the John Madden way, always sacrificing offense for defense. Being a great hockey player is not all about putting up points. I'll bet that you couldn't find a pro scout or GM that wouldn't want Fisher on their team.Your claim to AINEC is ludicrous imo.
fisher is great player dont get me wrong but i believe if you gave the 30 GM's a choice of Getzlaf or Fisher 90% of them would take Getzlaf. just my opinion.Now a real interesting comparision is Getzlaf and Parise, which one do you take there?
Redden is not in the same league as these two...and there are TWO of them...Redden is a good defenceman...Pronger and Niedermayer are superstars
And, pray tell, how is Redden not a superstar ??? Ok, this year, statistically, he was pretty average. But you do not put up 219 pts and +123 over 5 seasons when you are just "a good defenceman".
I bet I also couldn't find one pro scout that wouldn't trade Fisher for Getzlaf. Getzlaf will be a dominant hockey force as early as next season. He has no weaknesses. He has a good chance to be the best player to come out of one of the best drafts in league history....and he gets lots of chicks. gg.
And, pray tell, how is Redden not a superstar ??? Ok, this year, statistically, he was pretty average. But you do not put up 219 pts and +123 over 5 seasons when you are just "a good defenceman".
if you think Redden is a superstar, you are very foolish...There is tons of better dman in the league than Redden...
if you think Redden is a superstar, you are very foolish...There is tons of better dman in the league than Redden...
Chris Phillips for one
Chris Phillips for one
As much as I'd agree on several points, Phillips does not have the vision / offensive awareness / passing creativity that Redden has. There's a reason he's never played on the PP...
As much as I'd agree on several points, Phillips does not have the vision / offensive awareness / passing creativity that Redden has. There's a reason he's never played on the PP...
Yep...but last I checked a defenseman's primary responsibility is to stop players from putting pucks in your net. Phillips owns Redden in this area....just ask Jeff Freisen.
Yep...but last I checked a defenseman's primary responsibility is to stop players from putting pucks in your net. Phillips owns Redden in this area....just ask Jeff Freisen.
Ouch...burn...but that was still Rachunek's bad...
Ouch...burn...but that was still Rachunek's bad...
Yeah, just messing with you. I'm probably the biggest Friesen hater around. Guy was just terrible in Anaheim.
I have to agree with you here. Redden is NOT a "superstar".
He's a nice puck moving defenseman but I don't get his appeal really. I've never seen him come up with a big defensive play in a big spot and at times the polar opposite. I'd rather have Chris Phillips honestly. That being said I hope they beat NJ.