2 4 Nl, 6 Max, Huge Decision On The Turn

ok ok, that might be true on your last sentence.....but ok, lets say that is true....do ANY of those hands bet all in on the turn???? no, they dont. not at all. why would ANY hand bet all on on the turn???? please god somone answer me on the turn play and stop telling me how much i suck. my god. what hand bets all in on the turn???? what????? not 10 10 to KK thats for sure. someone answer me here logically, and i will respectfully listen to you.
If he can push with air, then he can certainly "bluff" you off of your ace with pairs TT to KK. This play really would be different if you held KK. That's the point we're all trying to make. You're obviously demonstrating that you don't need a huge hand to put your chips into the pot, so he can push a wider range of hands and expect to get paid off.Also, you're implying that the turn action seals the deal for you that confirms he's bluffing because you think he wouldn't overbet the pot with a monster, which myself and a few others disagree with, and you should see why considering your play thus far. If he bets half of his stack (a solid value bet) then that must mean that you're folding, right?
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I was pretty drunk last night and probably went overboard in my posting. Jordan, you are right for many reasons.Acid Night, on your last post, yes i would have folded if he had bet half his stack on the turn. Also, i feel if he has 10 10 to KK, he tries to get to show down, because he could have the best hand here.Some people are saying he would do this play with a huge hand because he knows i can call down light. Question is, How does he know that?? by reading the FCP No Limit section??? Point is, he would not know that.I think bigger issue here is how read dependent NL Hold Em is, and maybe my train of thought is just different then a lot of you. I guess I will try not to post such controversial hands in the future. and maybe some ones where i make folds haha.

I think bigger issue here is how read dependent NL Hold Em is, and maybe my train of thought is just different then a lot of you. I guess I will try not to post such controversial hands in the future. and maybe some ones where i make folds haha.
This is a good point. NLHE is very hard to discuss in a message board. However, reads are not the end of it. You can't just say you read him for a straight draw, etc. As long as you can provide sound, logical reasons for your reads, then yes. That's the key, and that's what has really been debated in this post. You asked for a range, and we gave one, which puts you behind, but you still managed to make the call. I'm not critiquing your play. I don't play NL almost at all anymore, but I understand the game of poker, so my comments are merely to spawn discussion.Essentially, the key to NLHE message boards is providing reads, and having the ability to soundly defend them.FWIW, controversial hands are the best to post. The discussion in this thread has been great. Maybe a bit too swayed towards critiquing your overall play, but good discussion, nonetheless.- Zach
Hey, I make 70K a year at work. Also, I've never gone to work and lost money. Interesting eh?
Ya, but when you're at work, you visit the forums, and I'm just guessing, but you probably think about poker a fair amount of the time, when you're not deep in thought.Now i ask you this, how many times have you thought about work while ur at the poker table? and how many times would you rather be at your work than at the table?
Ya, but when you're at work, you visit the forums, and I'm just guessing, but you probably think about poker a fair amount of the time, when you're not deep in thought.Now i ask you this, how many times have you thought about work while ur at the poker table? and how many times would you rather be at your work than at the table?
Surprisingly, I have brought work to the poker table. I can review things while folding my 8-2s and waiting for a table.
Alright, I was pretty drunk last night and probably went overboard in my posting. Jordan, you are right for many reasons.Acid Night, on your last post, yes i would have folded if he had bet half his stack on the turn. Also, i feel if he has 10 10 to KK, he tries to get to show down, because he could have the best hand here.Some people are saying he would do this play with a huge hand because he knows i can call down light. Question is, How does he know that?? by reading the FCP No Limit section??? Point is, he would not know that.I think bigger issue here is how read dependent NL Hold Em is, and maybe my train of thought is just different then a lot of you. I guess I will try not to post such controversial hands in the future. and maybe some ones where i make folds haha.
Data mining? Playing with you previously? Plenty of ways. I have hundreds of hands against people I probably only played with once or twice and likewise people have the same for me. Someone who I played with once revealed they had 5,000 hands logged with me. Now I doubt he went looking through your hands (if he had any) but I'll reiterate that when you're beat you are drawing to two outs but when you are ahead he is drawing to at least 6. Also, you, like your oppponent, are risking 3X the pot to win the pot. 300+ dollars to win 100+ dollars with a medium pair. Not good poker IMO, unless you have a very strong read on opponent.As for bet sizing not "making sense", I really think this philosophy shouldn't lead you to stack off in this situation. Let him have the pot. You have a feeling he pushes and steals light? Well then I'm sure you can find a better instance then this. Really, you have no solid read other then he mixes it up a bit and you feel he "wants to make a stand" which doesn't seem very legitimate.
Surprisingly, I have brought work to the poker table. I can review things while folding my 8-2s and waiting for a table.
thats different, thats multi-tasking because you Have too, or at least, so you have more time to play... is my guessbut have u ever sat at a table playing and thought, man.. i wish i was at work righ tnow
thats different, thats multi-tasking because you Have too, or at least, so you have more time to play... is my guessbut have u ever sat at a table playing and thought, man.. i wish i was at work righ tnow
Yes. There's a completely hot chick at work who's been chasing my *** down. I like coming to work.