Ottawa Senators Playoff Thread

Comrie is really playing with confidence, 2 sick moves he pulled, first the fake drop pass then drive wide after gaining the line, and then the between-the-legs back pass to the d-man from the high slot on the PP...
I've been impressed with Comrie's play.. especially considering how banged up he is.
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Fisher play last night? :club:
lol...sure he did...big defensive contribution in shutting down the Sabres, especially on the PK...final tally for Buffalo's PP yesterday: 0-fer-6, 1 shot :D

4 W's to go as I am forced to blatently ignore one of the main etiquette rules of forum posting by triple posting.GG Sabres. Now, it's time for us to see who comes out of the West. hmm, wonder what the tix are going to go for in the Finals.....

I'm pretty sure this forum has no rules about double/triple posting.I'm on one where the mods go INSANE when you double post, but I've never seen any rules about it here. In fact, I'm a mod, and I'm not gonna do anything, lmao.Oh, and the Sens have been sick dominant. They will win the cup.

WOOT ! All right guys, I'm back home down tonight to write what will end up being my first über-post...let's get it going lol. I hope you guys enjoy my stories, I'm starting to really feel like this is my 2007 Ottawa Senators Stanley Cup Run Blog ! If the Sens end up winning this, what a ride these last few weeks have been !!!First off, Serge. Buddy !!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know I'm one of the only ones that has never publicly meant to disrespect you in this forum. Granted I don't even have 200 posts, and you probably could dig up a post of mine where I'm pretty condescending, but hey, I respect that you are and have always been absolutely 100% behind your hockey team. That's the sign of a great fan of this amazing game. But you root for the LEAFS, waaaa-haaaa !!! You know what, I won't go there, I'll stick to cheering on the Sens, but you have to know how I feel like channelling my hatred of all Leafdom towards you. But you don't deserve that :club: I am still soooo enjoying my 7-to-1 $20 bet with you to take the Sens to win it all ! It'll get my pokerstars account back up and running lol. I hardly play poker online at all anymore - hey, it's been spring and I live in the city with the most beautiful women in the world, plus, poker with no tells and psychological intimidation, meh - lol. I'll still have to see if I can get some sound bankroll management in place and try grind it out to a respectable amount, let's say $1K. A Serge freeroll, woohoo !!!Zach...you rock man. I wish I had time to come around to the strat pages. I could pick everyone's brain and post some hands I've been annoyed at playing, but hey, it's all hockey and life these days. You're a awesome contributor to this site, congrats.DN...thanks for this site dude. Thanks for setting up the playoff pool, that was really generous of your time. Honestly guys, I don't think anyone has been in a live playoff draft this deep, I mean, what, like 230 players deep, man... Congrats on your latest resolution towards a more balanced lifestyle, to spend less time online. I'm pretty sure you'll come around here eventually anyway, just would like to know if you'll be cheering for the Sens in the Final. BTW, I hope you win like 3 bracelets this year, gl ! DM, I think about you all the time living in Habland here in Montréal. What a monumental collapse this year. You guys know I'm french canadian, so pretty much all of my buddies plus my gf are Habcoholics (yes we officially coined this term) and I've been rooting for a Montreal-Ottawa series for like, forever. There was still a chance for this spring until they couldn't beat either the Rangers or Leafs for their playoff life. The Isles making it instead ??? Gimme a break lol. Hey, at least Perezhogin won't be there next year... The bright side for you right now, Price and the rest of the baby Habs are on a pretty goot run, on their way to the Calder Cup final up 2-0 againt the Chicago Wolves.Sens-Eh and Fenxis, people around Ottawa must be pretty ecstatic these days. For sure the bandwagon has picked up even the most pathetic non-hockey fan after Saturday afternoon's win. Sure, they're welcome aboard, but I'm most happy for all the true hockey fans, the ones that have never ever suggested to trade Alfie...themainevent ???? What's up with you ? Come on, you can't try a little bit to write real sentences ???? HOLLATCHA BOIY...lolrinswun, dEv~, fryer98, doox...sorry guys, your teams were just in the way this year...there's no shame in being knocked out by the team that came out of the East. Go East !!! Gruven, where you at sir ??? I really want to know what the inside track is on how they'll figure to stage Hockey Day in Canada next year. Cheers dude, I'm pretty sure you're quite busy with your really, really fun day job lol All right, that's it, I've got to start watching the Plymouth-MAINEiacs Mem cup game on right now...hope the Quebec boys win !!!

WOOT ! Sens-Eh and Fenxis, people around Ottawa must be pretty ecstatic these days. For sure the bandwagon has picked up even the most pathetic non-hockey fan after Saturday afternoon's win. Sure, they're welcome aboard, but I'm most happy for all the true hockey fans, the ones that have never ever suggested to trade Alfie...
Elgin Street was closed off for people to celebrate/hangout.. streets in the area (like Metcalfe) were packed with people cruising honking their horns and chanting Alfie's name. Apparently a couple thousand? (can't find a number to confirm) showed up to welcome the team back from Buffalo.

Hey Fenxis did you hear? Every game nite for the stanley cup playoffs, they are putting up gigantic big screens (2 on Elgin, 2 on Rideau, and 1 in the Byward Market) for the public to watch. That's pretty sick.

Hey Fenxis did you hear? Every game nite for the stanley cup playoffs, they are putting up gigantic big screens (2 on Elgin, 2 on Rideau, and 1 in the Byward Market) for the public to watch. That's pretty sick.
Yup! Not sure how many games I'll make it out but I'm looking forward to it. 5 screens seem like a bit of an overkill (esp early in the series) but I'm sure half the city will be there on game 3 (Saturday night).sensmile.gif
Awesome.I tried to get some tix this morning when they went on sale at 10AM but ended up SOL. The option now is to try and get some game 6 tix off eBay, my buddy and I have set the budget at $1,100 for the pair. If anyone here has an inside deal, PM me please please please please...If we can't get in to SBP, for sure I'll be in Ottawa to watch the game outside with the crowd. Might even make the drive down for game 3 in 10 days.Let's get this going, only 4 more sleepytimes before it gets underway. GO SENS GO !!!
I tried to get some tix this morning when they went on sale at 10AM but ended up SOL. The option now is to try and get some game 6 tix off eBay, my buddy and I have set the budget at $1,100 for the pair. If anyone here has an inside deal, PM me please please please please...
I know a friend of mine bought season tickets for next year last week and has games 3,4,6. He might be looking to sell one one game (300 section nosebleed row)..pm your email addy if interested...

I too was out of luck getting seats. Careful where and how you buy any scalped tickets guys. The news ran a piece tonight saying how Capital Tickets were actively scouring the internet and any tickets they see for sale for greater then face value they are cancelling they will reissue them closer to game day. So far there is about 100 of them that will become available again....

I too was out of luck getting seats. Careful where and how you buy any scalped tickets guys. The news ran a piece tonight saying how Capital Tickets were actively scouring the internet and any tickets they see for sale for greater then face value they are cancelling they will reissue them closer to game day. So far there is about 100 of them that will become available again....
LOL...how can they do that?Maybe you should start advertising tickets for sale so they'll cancel them and make more available.
LOL...how can they do that?
Yeah, that is of a weird issue imo. I've never heard of any event trying to do this with tickets that end up in the hands of scalpers. They'd have to monitor which exact seats are the ones being scalped off and then make sure that whoever might end up buying them knows that they aren't valid tickets. Well if that's really happening, kudos to the Sens for taking charge and policing the issue themselves.My buddy and I have both been e-mailing one of the sales reps in the Sens organization to implore him to help us find a way to get some game 6 tix the legit way. He's been pretty nice, taking the time to answer and all, but as of right now we're still ticket-less. We could still get some tix for all three finals games if we wanted to buy a Flex 40 ticket package for next year (a pair for 20 different games next year). That's like $3K, still quite a bit of coin, but really, I think we might be going for it.

I'm rooting for the Sens. I don't think that a team from southern California should win the Stanley cup. And hasn't it been since the Flames won the cup in 91 that the last Canadian team won?

I'm rooting for the Sens. I don't think that a team from southern California should win the Stanley cup. And hasn't it been since the Flames won the cup in 91 that the last Canadian team won?
Why shouldn't a team from Southen California have any more right to win the cup than a Canadien team. The reason you have this perception of Southern California hockey fans being so uneducated and undeserving is because the Ducks are a young team and they haven't won the cup yet. Winning the cup will raise hockey awareness and make more people in Southern California interested in hockey...which in turn would create a more educated and devoted fan base.Oh yeah, it was the '93 Montreal Canadiens who last brought the cup to Canada, to answer your question.
Why shouldn't a team from Southen California have any more right to win the cup than a Canadien team. The reason you have this perception of Southern California hockey fans being so uneducated and undeserving is because the Ducks are a young team and they haven't won the cup yet. Winning the cup will raise hockey awareness and make more people in Southern California interested in hockey...which in turn would create a more educated and devoted fan base.Oh yeah, it was the '93 Montreal Canadiens who last brought the cup to Canada, to answer your question.
Not only that those 93 Canadiens beat the LA Kings on their way to the Cup. One reason I've been wanting a Canadian team to win lately because I'm tired of hearing of that.Besides that just wanted to make note. Joe Corvo when he was here in LA we jokingly called him the Duck killer because he had like 4 out of the 5 GWG against Anaheim in one season. GO JOE GO!
Habs in 93.

To continue on what I was saying about canceling tickets that they see are being resold for over face value...The Ottawa Citizen had a short article the other day and it put the number at 150 tickets now invalidated...so that is two separate news organizations reporting on it. (I'd originally saw the story on CBC TV News). Not sure how they are going about the whole business of telling people they won't honour their tickets... *shrug*