Bodog 3/6 NLHE (6-handed)Cobalt $1874CO $191Button $978Cobalt is MP w/ K :D Q :D. CO is pretty new to the table, so no significant read. I've been playing with Button for a while, but he hasn't done much to stand out. He won a big pot when he called a normal raise PF w/ suited connectors, hit a straight, and the other guy decided to make an insane bluff. This is only the second time I've seen him re-raise pre-flop in over an hour.Pre-flop:1 fold, Cobalt raises to $20, CO calls, Button re-raises to $45, Cobalt calls, CO callsFlop ($144): A :D K :D K :) (3 players)Cobalt checks, CO checks, Button checksTurn ($144): J :) (3 players)Cobalt checks, CO bets $50, Button calls, Cobalt callsRiver ($294): 4 :club: (3 players)Cobalt checksSeriously...was confused throughout the hand. The circumstances were awkward...being OOP against two opponents in a re-raised pot...and then the flop checks through. Then a bet and call on the turn. I wasn't sure if I was WA/WB...or if the board was too draw heavy...and the stack sizes didn't particularly help.

I like how you played it. It sounds like Button's 3betting range is pretty tight (and the tiny reraise is worrying). This looks a lot like AK or AA slowplaying. I like keeping it small here.I wouldn't be worried about CO unless he has JJ (or KJ). I think it is more likely he has AQ/AJ and is finding out where he is.I think I bet/fold the river for ~$180 though.

Note here: This isn't the stakes I play, I play much much smaller. That said, I would have raised the turn to 200, just put cut off allin. You're not gonna fold to him no matter what comes on the river I would assume. Isolate and figure out more about button's strength and whether or not he's hiding ak. If button raises you, then you should fod, or if he smoothcalls I would be very, very wary, but may call a small bet on the river. The last thing you want to see is a queen on the river, only to figure out you were drawing dead to the button's ak the whole time.

This is definitely a WA/WB situation. Trying to think of hands that the villians would play like this that you can beat is very difficult. I like checking the river and seeing what happens. I'm going to think while typing for a minute. Like you said, being OOP sucks. With two people in the hand it really changes the dynamics. If the CO pushes and the button raises then I think you have to dump it. If the CO pushes and the button calls, can we overcall? I guess it comes down to if the button was tricky enough to just call with a monster, thinking that you couldn't call a raise, but might overcall with a weak king. I just can't imagine for the life of me how our hand can be good here against two opponents but, given the odds you'd get (over 5-1) you can't fold in that spot. If the CO checks and the Button bets its a c/c. I just can't think of a hand that we beat that might call us in this spot, so I don't see much value in betting. Point me in the right direction if I'm missing something here.

Fold preflop.Pot odds I know.But you're out of postion against a tight player who rarely re raises. Just give it up.
No. Pot odds are plenty good enough to call preflop. He's getting about 5/1.

No way you fold this PF. I lead out on the flop and try and get some info, as is you are beating a possible 2 hands that he's reraising with PF, AQ and QQ. I don't like your spot very much, the J was a bad card just because I'm thinking JJ is at the bottom of his reraising realm.

But you're out of postion against a tight player who rarely re raises. Just give it up.
Never said he was tight...in fact his calling $23 pre-flop with 98s from outside of the blinds might suggest that he's possibly somewhat loose. I just said he hasn't done much to stand out and has rarely re-raised. And if he'd re-raised to something like $70-$80, I could've folded. He's effectively min-raised though, and assuming the other guy calls, I'm getting like 5-1 with a decent hand (I've obviously got to be careful with it).

Folding preflop here is really not an option, especially 6-handed.I think it's pretty standard. It is a WA/WB situation and by never showing any kind of aggression, it'll probably prevent you from losing more than the CO's stack in the pot if you are behind. When you check the river, if the CO goes all in for like $100+ whatever, if the button is smart (and has you beaten), he should just be smooth calling anyway becuase it doesn't look like you have much of a hand, especially not one that could coldcals a bet and a raise on the river.Your hand looks like a weak ace here, so you might as well just try and sneak into showdown as cheaply as possible becuase I wouldn't be too happy with how strongly the button has played the hand if I were you.

This is definitely a WA/WB situation.
It is a WA/WB situation
As I originally noted, I kind of agree with that...but the board's also pretty draw heavy by the turn...so we might not be as "WA" as we'd like. It's kind of strange hybrid of a hand with awkward action....although upon reflection, we seem to have so much connection with the board that we "block" or have a number of those draws ourselves.
...although upon reflection, we seem to have so much connection with the board that we "block" or have a number of those draws ourselves.
Yeah, I am just not gonna worry about draws here. There are a few of them, but none of them seem particularly threatening to me.
Fold preflop.Pot odds I know.But you're out of postion against a tight player who rarely re raises. Just give it up.
No. Pot odds, schmot odds. Implied Odds! This is NL. Hero is playing for button's stack.EDIT: It just sucks that this time the K K flop had an A in it.

I think you played it well. Its a very tricky hand and without knowing more about the other players tendencies, I think the smartest play is the route that you took. The turn bet is odd, and there are a lot of hands that have you crushed so I would just c/c the river and hope he has something like AJ, AQ, QQ etc. If he has AA, AK, or JJ....then I would say you played it as best as possible, and just ran into some bad luck

Did you think of betting out on this flop with a smallish bet, say $60-$75?
He'll often fold hands that he's crushing and he'll be inflating the pot against those that beat him. Betting out here would honestly be very bad.