A H L Playoff Pool

Man, the last two minutes of that game were just retarded. Tampa had a perfect opportunity to pull the goalie at about the 17:45 mark, when Tampa had clear control of the puck in Jerseys end and were cycling. Instead, Torts waited until the 19:00 mark to pull him, at which point Tampa proceeded to make bad pass after bad pass, give the puck away a bunch of times, and never register a shot on net. Marty Brodeur played his ass off though, all due respect to the effort he put forth. Tampa just didn't want it bad enough, cause it was there.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, the last two minutes of that game were just retarded. Tampa had a perfect opportunity to pull the goalie at about the 17:45 mark, when Tampa had clear control of the puck in Jerseys end and were cycling. Instead, Torts waited until the 19:00 mark to pull him, at which point Tampa proceeded to make bad pass after bad pass, give the puck away a bunch of times, and never register a shot on net. Marty Brodeur played his ass off though, all due respect to the effort he put forth. Tampa just didn't want it bad enough, cause it was there.
I thought it was really poor bench management by Tortorella. Ride your big horses, but he HAD to let off them with two minutes to go to get them ready for the last minute with the goalie out, and he didn't. He overplayed 4, 26, 19, and 22 in the last three minutes, and when they yanked the keeper those guys had no gas to go.... Sad.... but it was still a great series, and the Devils deserved to win it, even though I was rooting for TB all the way...

Canucks please please win! I really don't want to be last! this is getting embarrassing, three shutouts! That is all, except I'm so busy at work I can't even watch the game! Not that I'd want too after the last two.

Booyaga's winning???I wonder if his team will quit on him like he quit on his FCHL team last year...
:club: P.S. How's your daughter's chess game coming along?
Kesler better be unscratched when the Canucks make it to round 3!
If Kesler is even able to play by the finals that would be amazing...he's pretty much done for this season. I hope I'm wrong though.

coesillian 138. Henrik Zetterberg - DET G G A85. Robert Lang - DET A A G100. Peter Schaeffer - OTT A A A177. Trevor Linden - VAN A A G G AI still got 4 guys in play and I like my position. Judging from the other teams I'm still in the run and in good shape, I really need Zeterberg and Lang to carry Detroit to the next round, but perezveng has 4 detroit players I think so I think a Vancouver Ottawa final would be my best outcome, doubt thats gonna happen.

Apparently Carle has 1 Goal and 2 Assists. Don't remember him getting a goal but maybe he got credited with one after the fact. If you can change that when you have a chance great. Keep up the good work. Thats a huge point for me. Hopefully I can put up 15-18 this round.

I knew Jeff Cowan would catch fire in the playoffs, now if DM would just give me my goal! :club:
yeah, I think I said it before but that was a great final pick. If I thought of it at the time I would've gone with Jeff instead of Jan.
yeah, I think I said it before but that was a great final pick. If I thought of it at the time I would've gone with Jeff instead of Jan.
That was Cowan's first point of the playoffs; I wouldn't call that great.

As of last night games ( 4/25 )TEAMS DEAD IN THE WATERdaniel, canuckistan, rmunro, belanger, ottawa, MLP, Hockeyfan, speed limit, gruven, rinswun, silverscreen, nell, FCPinfo, DevTEAMS NEEDING A LOT OF HELPzach, waffles, strategy, fleung, insanity, mapleleafs, jason, terex, tailspin, digital, derswick, untilted, reelishym,daveyg, sinc, tax lawyerCONTENDERSrunthemover, coesillia, serge, fubar, ajs, booyaga, babying, rated r, go bears, canadianyanke, governator, TulaneflyrFAVORITEPezevengAny thoughts????