• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

Its weird how rare it is for a hockey player to say anything interesting. I had to rewind my pvr now to double check what I heard Pat Maroon of the Oilers say about first his team and then San Jose....

Oilers: Want me to be honest. We were terrible in the first. Worst hockey Ive seen since we got here.

then he mentioned he got chewed out in locker room at 1st int

speaking about SJ

'Then we started getting pucks deep, and I was harping on it (to his teammates)..this team folds. This team is really weak down low....'

That Jimmy Vesey thing is so interesting. Makes so much sense to sign with Nashville but he is going UFA. #leafs or #bruins

Nashville would have played him the rest of this year and the playoffs and would have burned a year of his ELC. Guess he hates country music

My Early 2016 NHL awards picks:

Hart Trophy:

1. Patrick Kane

2. Jamie Benn

3. Sidney Crosby

Norris Trophy

1. Brent Burns

2. Erik Karlsson

3. Kris Letang

Vezina Trophy

1. Braden Holtby

2. Ben Bishop

3. Corey Crawford

Calder Trophy

1. Artemi Panarin

2. Connor Mcdavid

3. Shayne Gostisbehere

Selke Trophy

1. Patrice Bergeron

2. Anze Kopitar

3. Jonathan Toews

Lady Byng

1. Johnny Gaudreau

2. Tyler Seguin

3. Anze Kopitar

Jack Adams

1. Bruce Beadreau

2. Lindy Ruff

3. Barry Trotz

Bill masterton

1. Michael Roszival

2. Mats Zucarello

3. Pascal Dupuis

Who is coaching Florida? He should get some recognition.

I don't think he's been around long enough, but Sullivan in Pittsburgh has been a drastic turnaround. So much so that the Wings broadcasters talked about him being considered for it for like 7 minutes last game.

What? Claude Julien? What am I missing? Boston will be lucky to make the playoffs the way they're going.

boston after their off season gutting was not even considered a playoff team. Julien was going to b fired in the first month of the season, and was many writers pick for first coach fired. Instead, they're contending for a playoff spot. And I agree with Sullivan, he just hasn't been around long enough and the team is too talented to put it all on his shoulders. If there was a bad coach of the year, Johnson would have been a landslide winner.

Trading Lucic and Hamilton is a "gutting"?

I see them as an average team expected to be an average team with a good, but not the best coach.

https://www.nhl.com/news/bruins-view-offseason-upheaval-as-necessary-move/c-779286

http://www.rantsports.com/nhl/2015/07/07/boston-bruins-are-having-the-most-interesting-offseason-so-far/

I don't understand the point of posting those stories. They're just fluff pieces about how "drastic" swapping a couple of 2nd and 3rd liners is. I know they had an "interesting" off season, but they didn't gut anything. They have largely the same team as they've had over the last few years. Smith was replaced with a similar player. Lucic was replaced, but downgraded. Hamilton was the only guy not really directly replaced.

Either way, Julien has no business being in the running for coach of the year in 2016. They're an average team performing averagely.

I honestly think Babcock should be given a nomination.

I would go Beaudreau too, but in my best, unqualified guess, I would say Babcock is doing a great job with the Leaf players and developing them nicely.

McDavid is my ROY. I dont care he got hurt. No brainer for me.

I honestly think Babcock should be given a nomination.

I would go Beaudreau too, but in my best, unqualified guess, I would say Babcock is doing a great job with the Leaf players and developing them nicely.

McDavid is my ROY. I dont care he got hurt. No brainer for me.

Gotstobeinjured has had the best season of any rookie I think. Philly's entire season turned around when he got called up.

McDavid is of course the best rookie but that isn't what the award is, it's which rookie had the most outstanding season

Gotstobeinjured has had the best season of any rookie I think. Philly's entire season turned around when he got called up.

McDavid is of course the best rookie but that isn't what the award is, it's which rookie had the most outstanding season

sure, I can see that argument. I guess it depends on how you want to define "best", in terms of was it him helping his team, or was it his own play on the ice.

I think McDavid has been a better player than Ghost or Panarin has, and I would rather have had 40gp of McD, then 60 of Ghost, or 80 of Panarin, if I was trying to win. Thats how amazing I think McJesus is, but Im a fanboy.

I think you could make an argument for McDavid now better than a month ago, since Panarin has fallen off a bit. But I also don't think you get credit for games missed, and as great as McDavid has been, he's only played half a season. Panarin has played a full year and is top 15 in points in the league. It's not like there isn't a worthy ROY candidate, and we need to look for excuses to give he award to McDavid.

Hey easy Zach. I'm not serge. Lol. It's just an opinion thing. I've watched a fair amount of Bruins games. I think they're playing better than they should, and I credit Julian for the change in their system. They missed the playoffs last year and they should be a little worse this year, especially with chara showing his age. But they're competitive. Only my opinion.

Hey easy Zach. I'm not serge. Lol. It's just an opinion thing. I've watched a fair amount of Bruins games. I think they're playing better than they should, and I credit Julian for the change in their system. They missed the playoffs last year and they should be a little worse this year, especially with chara showing his age. But they're competitive. Only my opinion.

Yeah, my post sounded a lot more serious than intended... just a friendly disagreement. :)

Yeah, my post sounded a lot more serious than intended... just a friendly disagreement. :)

what, thats it? just a simple, we disagree, and now you guys are going to move on?

wheres the accusations of personal attacks? wheres the quitting of the forum?

you guys should have at least given the rest of us a chance to gang up on Chris.

• Like 2

ouch

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 39m39 minutes ago

Steve Yzerman announces to TB media that Steven Stamkos has a blood clot in his arm

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 39m39 minutes ago

Yzerman says Stamkos out 1-3 months, will have surgery on Monday.