Random Hockey Observations

I would strip his captaincy immediately.

Same thing happened to my favorite player Rick Vaive and he was stripped of the captaincy.

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

Um ok?

What do you want him to do, exactly? I'm sure he apologized to his teammates and sat out his game.

???

There is a level of professionalism that players must adhere to. I had to fire an employee when I was a manager at Paramount Pictures for being late. There really is no excuse. It shows a lack of maturity and laziness.

Me personally, I am always on time and I really dislike when a person would say they are on Filipino time etc.

From my very minimal sightings sitting in my SUV at the Caps practice facility, Ovy is one of the last ones to get to practice and first ones off the ice.

I'm confused. A guy slept in. There is no way that none of you ever slept in our set their alarm wrong, etc. If you say you never have than you are part of the .0001%. I don't see where the $ you make determines the punishment. If it's an on going problem then yes, there needs to be consequences. VP of the American cancer society sleeps in mistakenly tomorrow. Demoted? The fry cook at the Krusty Crab sleeps through alarm tomorrow? Fired? Come on now. We have to stop putting these people on ridiculously high pedestals. Funny how players commit crimes and they go about their day, but sleep in once and let's punish them to the fullest extent.

• Like 2

Give me a break. If everyone was fired for being late once then no one would have a job except for you Wayne I guess.

Guess I'm just immature and lazy since I've been late before for a variety of reasons. Good to know.

• Like 1

Give me a break. If everyone was fired for being late once then no one would have a job except for you Wayne I guess.

Guess I'm just immature and lazy since I've been late before for a variety of reasons. Good to know.

I maybe in the minority, but first I have never used an alarm clock, and I have never been late for work..Because I plan on arriving half an hour before an appointment...ALWAYS..Its disrespectful and I refuse to do business with anyone that is 3 minutes late to an appointment..

My son has been playing competitive sports for 5 years and he has never been late to a practice or a game..Sometimes I get ridiculed for being the first one there, but thats how I was brought up.

Sorry I'm late to the conversation...

Shit happens. If shit happens repeatedly then there's a problem. Don't let it happen again. Everyone learns something from the incident.

3 Goals next game for OV. .book it!

I m not suggesting they fire him, demote him...The appropriate punishment was done...I am mostly upset with fans on twitter saying Trotz and the Caps overreacted..Absolutely not..

Its an issue since he is a leader or a perceived one since he is captain..How do you tell an 18 year old rookie to make sure he never misses practice and follows team rules , if you dont?

I am not referring to being late once. I let the person go because they were always late.

My sister in law and sister are always late for family dinners. Their excuse is always the same, traffic. If it is traffic than adjust your time to be on time.

In regards to Ovy, I am glad they made an example out of him. No one is beyond the team or sport.

Sorry I'm late to the conversation...

Shit happens. If shit happens repeatedly then there's a problem. Don't let it happen again. Everyone learns something from the incident.

3 Goals next game for OV. .book it!

That is correct and the punishment was correct too

That is correct and the punishment was correct too

If it's the first time it's happened sitting him out of the game is in my opinion the wrong punishment. It's wrong because it punishes the team and the fans not just the individual player.

Fine his ass, make him skate laps next practice until he pukes but sitting your superstar out of a game is just dumb.

If it's the first time it's happened sitting him out of the game is in my opinion the wrong punishment. It's wrong because it punishes the team and the fans not just the individual player.

Fine his ass, make him skate laps next practice until he pukes but sitting your superstar out of a game is just dumb.

Couldn't disagree more. Everyone should be held accountable to the same rules and punishment. Letting your fans and teammates down because you slept in and are punished by not being allowed to play is part of the punishment.

• Like 1

I refuse to do business with anyone that is 3 minutes late to an appointment..

if I did that, I would have very few customers, if any.

Also, my customers/suppliers would think I was an idiot.

Couldn't disagree more. Everyone should be held accountable to the same rules and punishment. Letting your fans and teammates down because you slept in and are punished by not being allowed to play is part of the punishment.

It's a stupid punishment whether it's Ovy or a 4th liner.

Hey Little Billy, if you don't go to bed tonight when I tell you to I will make your Mother scrub the floors with a toothbrush and I won't let your Grandparents who paid for my education and the down payment on my house see you for the next 12 months.

Even if we assume the Caps lost last night because Ovechkin didn't play and we assume the 2 points will matter in the long run, you still have to consider the positive affect the situation may have on Ovechkin (and the team) over the long haul.

Videos of assholes don't support your argument.

He is one of the nicest guys in person. At the time if you wanted to see him go to the subway near four seasons and you would find him eating dinner the night before the game. You could sit down and he would talk to you

He is one of the nicest guys in person. At the time if you wanted to see him go to the subway near four seasons and you would find him eating dinner the night before the game. You could sit down and he would talk to you

He was also one of the fiercest competitors in any sport. Left it all on the court every single game. Never coasted on a single possession and that was playing at like 5'10" 160 lbs

• Like 1

He was also one of the fiercest competitors in any sport. Left it all on the court every single game. Never coasted on a single possession and that was playing at like 5'10" 160 lbs

Agree with this 100%

There's a great line in the video about the game he dies for, and plays every game like its his last.

Every time I watched him play, esp the games at Georgetown, no one hustled more than him. He was one of my fav guys to watch play.