Random Hockey Observations

Chris, wouldn't the Kings AND Richards have been better off putting him in the NHL's drug program? Or was that not an option in this situation?

Could be, I'd have to re-read the CBA. I think that there's something in there about players voluntarily enrolling in the program as opposed to getting caught (either legally or by random testing). I'll see if I can find out.

Edit: Found the old CBA. I think the new one is very similar. Read section C, I think that answers the questions as to why Richards wouldn't do it. And, the bottom line is it's a bit risky for the player. If they enrol and get caught again, they get suspended without pay.

http://sportsdocuments.com/2013/07/nhl-substance-abuse-program/

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

Thanks, Chris.

I guess the ball is in Richards' court now. He can live off and party with the settlement money he received or he can try to fix his situation...and maybe get another chance with a team.

Do you guys think he gets an offer(s) from other NHL teams?

He is still only 30. But probably set for life with the settlement he got.

First Leafs-Canes game this year, Im going to max out a lline of credit and put every dollar I can get my hands on the UNDER.

The Canes are outshooting Det 24-4, but cant put it away.

Leafs offence did ok tonight.

My phone is blowing up with Florida goals... wtf is going on there.. 4-0 like 5 mins in vs Philly.

That would be Jagr and his mullet going for the Rocket Richard this year! 😃

• Like 1

Back in Canada we would call what the Zamboni did a flood

Here they call it "cut the ice"

It took us a while to figure out what the hell they were talking about.

Back in Canada we would call what the Zamboni did a flood

Here they call it "cut the ice"

It took us a while to figure out what the hell they were talking about.

That's funny! Makes sense tho.

We are dealing with it now, booking a tournament in Pittsburgh for our team. They keep referring to our leagues as contact, but no hitting. They have leagues where there is no contact at all. Something we would never fathom. Lots of little differences in terminology. But, we all love the game, and americans have bought in in a big way.

A lot of new players trying to learn Julien's system. They'll get it just in time for him to be fired.

Also, **** the Bruins!

They just mentioned on telecast , last time they lost first 3 home games was year before Bobby Orr came

I think they've given up 16 Goals in first 3 games...whatever the number is its the most in the first 3 games in 50 years.

As Roy the Bruins fan would say...WOW!

So the personal reasons for Ovy missing a game was because he slept in..What a tool..How does this still happen with athletes making million of dollars, whose job is to show up to practice on time.

Ovechkin said he missed the morning skate yesterday because he set his alarm for 8:30pm, not AM. Told he wouldn’t play when he arrived late.

Whatever. It happens. Hockey players are humans.

Yes hockey players are human but you considered to be a professional and a leader on the team. IMO being late is inexcusable

Yes hockey players are human but you considered to be a professional and a leader on the team. IMO being late is inexcusable

Definetely inexcusable.