Random Hockey Observations

It depends on the celebration, if it looks like it has been planned out or something not spur of the moment then I view it as individualistic. Also, if a guy scores from a sweet pass or hard work from someone else and doesn't congratulate him, that is also crappy in my book.

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

It's more individualistic when you skate away from your teammates twice, which he did, or if you point to the name on the back of the jersey, which he didn't but we've seen others do.

Again, I'm not saying it's "wrong" what he did, but I appreciate erring on the side of "been there before" instead of doing something Ocho Cinco would do. I don't get entertained by celebrations, so I really don't care. It's more sad then anything that today were talking about what he did after scoring the goal, instead how he scored the goal.

Meh, IMHO, it was a little over the top, but not enough that I care at all. It was an emotional moment. Even I was steamed and I'm not even an Oilers fan, lol, and was pumped when he scored. It's not like he's gonna do this every time. What his was celebration like when he scored his first? The way he reacted, I actually thought it was.

It mostly annoys me that we need to talk about stuff like this, while we all rip on the "good canadian boys" or whatever, Crosby the loudest example, of being a robot, cliche in interviews, etc. You know? People just love whining about stuff all the time, I suppose.

Funny thing is, I've yet to read/hear anyone say they were upset by it. It's just a media created issue about nothing.

On another topic, having a Staal centering for your team for 40minutes a game is absolutely amazing.

yeah, really. something weird to talk about and generate hits... pretty sure every hockey person I follow, every hockey podcast I listen to, etc talked about it.

let's talk about Crosby's 2 goals in the 1st period vs the Jets instead. I'm at work, so just have the Pens app for radio, and a super choppy, not even remotely in sync with my audio video feed on the crappy work computer. Saw the first one, sorta, but missed the second one.

is cory conacher going to get 100 pts this year?

cc: adam

I'm having a serious poolie dilemma about whether to call him up this season or not. I think he's going to get Kostitsyn's roster spot after the auction, depending on how I do and if I think I'm a contender or not.

Don cherry had his rant on the Yakupov celebration. Called him and idiot and said the oilers will be sorry as the kings will never forget it.

Standard Cherry.

Anaheim is gonna be bad after Perry and Getzlaf bolt.

Anyone think they'll resign there?

I think the Islanders should go AApe shit and go after both of them.

I've gotta believe Buffalo will go after Getzlaf with the full might of Terry's checkbook...we've needed a big edgy center who can score in bunches since the Clinton administration.

That doesn't mean we'll get him, but what the hell...eventually someone of substance has to sign with the Sabres as a FA.

Was watching the Flyers game the other night. The Schenn brothers dont use the first initial on the jerseys..

Why is this>?