• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

I really liked the Kings/Ducks game last night (not because my opponent had Kings goalies). The game was a little tight at the start with the Kings tying the score a few times. It was crazy with the goal scoring. I guess I am an old fart remembering the days of the Oilers run and gun style.

I love it.

Roberto Luongo with a big **** YOU to the media and the clueless people who follow the league.

Win the Vezina, show them who is the best goalie in the league.

Roberto Luongo's (apparently real) twitter account is a gold mine.

Strombone@strombone1

I had no clue bud! “@taj1944: Looking at the penalty shot. Looks like Lui had the scouting report on Hall.”

Strombone@strombone1

Being a backup is a lot funner than I anticipated.........

Strombone@strombone1

And this is where the magic happened...... #anaheim #playoffs2007 #squirts # pic.twitter.com/TZmjhnOJ

Strombone@strombone1

Almost had him......... t.co/tpNY1ngP

Strombone@strombone1

Can't wait!!! “@NHL: #Canucks fans, are you ready to see Cory Schneider as No. 1 in net? #hockeyisback

Strombone@strombone1

Guys I've just been dealt...........

POCKET ACES! #latenightpoker

Strombone@strombone1

Kaepernick looking fantastic proving you could never go wrong in going with the youngster over the old vet..........

Strombone@strombone1

The "Luongo Rule"? Seriously how cute is that? #adorbs #garybest

Strombone@strombone1

Who's your favorite Italian French Canadian goalie?“@justinbieber: HOCKEY IS BACK!!”

Prediction:

Both Kessel and Iginla score their first goal of the season tonight.

Can tonight finally be the big night for Shea Weber too? Or does he just want to keep making the top salary in the league for no points a while longer?

Can tonight finally be the big night for Shea Weber too? Or does he just want to keep making the top salary in the league for no points a while longer?

Weber's play has really been holding Roman Josi back

Prediction:

Both Kessel and Iginla score their first goal of the season tonight.

Kessel is due to break Darryl Sittler s record. Hopefully tonite the nite bounces go in.

How sick would it be if the Capitals got Nathan Mackinnon or Aleksander Barkov to play with Ovechkin?

We are close to a quarter way through the season, and its not that far fetched.

How sick would it be if the Capitals got Nathan Mackinnon or Aleksander Barkov to play with Ovechkin?

We are close to a quarter way through the season, and its not that far fetched.

2013 Ovechkin or 2010 Ovechkin ?

Until he plays with linemates not name Beagle and Mitchell, I'm not ready to say he isn't a superstar. I refused to draft him in the top 10 in points only pools this year though, and he isn't passing the 'eye test' right now. he doesn't look like the same player anymore.

I dont know ..His number are still very good...

Last year he had 38 goals..Still a very good number.

He has 2 goals this year so far, but there are a lot of guys that have started slow..

He had only 65pts. though.

And he keeps dropping annually it seems.

If we're looking just at goals, yeah, I guess he's probably close to top 10. But he's no longer #1 or even a contender for #1 at this point in my opinion.

What in the world happened to him? Like, does he even scare you when he's rushing the puck anymore? He used to be so dangerous every time he touched it, now it's just blah. I'm not holding my breath every time he gets the puck going towards the Pens goal anymore.

That team has no identity at all anymore, they've seen three coaching changes in two years and three major philosophy shifts to go with them. It's killed Ovechkin, it's killed Backstrom, it's killed Mike Green (along with injury) all of whom were huge point producers three years ago and none of whom look like so much as a shell of that anymore. They need to get some stability in that locker room and get the big guns firing again...everything else will follow once the offense comes back.

When you cut the nuts off 3/5ths of your top PP by trying to force defensive responsibility in the last year of the Boudreau regime and in the Dale Hunter regime, it's going to hurt you. Let the scorers score and get better defense to cover their asses...