• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

In general, or this trade?

Im more apt to agree with "in general".

Not sure this is that bad of a trade, maybe even a good one.

Both

It's not a good one.

You dont like Sutter? Is that it?

I kind of liked him on Carolina, cant say I have seen him play much with Pitts though. It seems he may be overpaid.

I thought he made a really good #3C, with possible #2C upside on an average team. I think his all around game is better than his fantasy value, whereas Bonino has fantasy upside, but his all around game is weak, to very weak.

You dont like Sutter? Is that it?

I kind of liked him on Carolina, cant say I have seen him play much with Pitts though. It seems he may be overpaid.

I thought he made a really good #3C, with possible #2C upside on an average team. I think his all around game is better than his fantasy value, whereas Bonino has fantasy upside, but his all around game is weak, to very weak.

I don't think he's a good 3C at all. His defensive value couldn't possibly be more overrated. He can't do anything on his own, either, which is something at least Jordan Staal could do. That's based mostly on the eye test, ie me watching him play every game for two years, in his supposed prime, with maybe even extra attention due to having him in the AHL. The fancy stats back this up, too.

My guess is Bonino is at least as successful as he was in a similar role. It'll be interesting to see how Sutter fares in Vancouver, where they think he can be a #2.

And this isn't me Serging it because he's gone. I'm sure people can go back and find me ragging on Sutter over the last year or so, though I tried to minimize it so I could still trade him in the AHL. Lol.

It's certainly not a discount, but it's not really an overpay either IMO

eight plus million a year for eight years for a guy that never scored 30 goals even playing with stars? Huge overpay IMO.

eight plus million a year for eight years for a guy that never scored 30 goals even playing with stars? Huge overpay IMO.

10th in the league in scoring over the last 3 seasons and 4th last year

It is an overpay but I don't think that big of one

http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/seasons/last-3-nhl-seasons-players-stats.html

8 million is pretty much the going rate for a point per game first liner. I would have thought they'd get a bit of a discount for going 8 years, but it's not outrageous.

The fancy stats on Voracek are even better than the counting stats too for what that's worth. The "playing with stars" angle might be more apt for Voraceks line mates.

I'm biased, but I think Voracek is a superstar type, in play, if not in name.

Last year there were many a game where I thought he was better than Giroux, and was the catalyst for that line. Not sure he will keep it up for 8 years, but based on last year/couple of years, well worth the money IMO.

I'm curious to see how his numbers play out the rest of his career. If he has even two more seasons of 80ish points, that'd be quite impressive.

He looked downright dominant in a bunch of games I saw him in last year.

You guys could be right about Vorachek. I think the new way of beating the cap system is sign players to huge deals that overpays them slightly now but buys you a three or four years at the end where he's below market value.

I think it does mean that Stamkos will get approx. 71 million per year.

Patrick Kane being investigated on rape allegations.

I dont know why, but this saddens me. With most atheletes its anger/frustration, but with hockey guys that I like, its just disappoinment.

I feel like hockey players are better than this, and yet, who knows. I hope its not true.

• 2 weeks later...