Club De Hockey Canadien

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bolded part is evidently now public. I was not aware. An excerpt from the press conference during the donation pledge....   At Wednesday’s announcement, P.K. was filled with emotion as he talked

This is not the Leafs thread...we don't celebrate every little accomplishment.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for e

It took me 20 years to get over Roy and Montreal FO idiocy causing the worst drought in the 100 year history of this team. I had two years of enjoying being a fan again (if you count last years dumpster fire of a season as enjoyable). Now I look at my sweaters and hats and even my ****ing Rogers cellphone contract with GCL and all I can think is I'M FUCKING ANGRY!

Had to both deliver some bad news and ask a favour of someone this morning. Been dreading the call. He has a French-Canadian last name, so when I heard the news, I realized my job might have just gotten a lot harder. Sure enough, the guy is a Habs fan, and he was craaaaaanky this morning.

Subban is one of my favourite players in the league. As much as I hate the Habs, it sucks that he'll be more out of the spotlight in Nashville, because he should be fully in the spotlight.

Oh ya...and Subban is one of the few players in a boring-as-**** league who actually has character and personality and lifts fans out of their seats.

to me, if Subban didnt do a single thing off the ice that I ever noticed, he would still be one of the most fun players to watch. the guys skating is entertaining and a joy.

my friend a Habs fan said something like this...." i dont just watch Habs hockey to watch them win (of course it matters), but also to be entertained. This guy entertains me."

I gotta tell you guys, as an outsider in terms of team allegiances, Im pretty pissed today that a player like Subban was available, and he couldnt end up on my fav team.

I have a hard time believing there isn't at least a tiny little bit of racism involved in this.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Therrien didn't like Subban. Despite what anyone might say. Bergevin, I have no idea, but I know he didn't care for Subban's personality. It's weird because he always talks about the value of character yet he trades away maybe the player with the most character of all. The Habs died when Price and Gallagher went down with injuries and the player who stepped up the most and played his ass off was Subban...yet they continued to question his leadership. Any negative thought Montreal management had of Subban was based on something, but to suggest it had anything to do with his on-ice performance is either misleading or willfully ignorant.

I won't even get into the character issue and the signing of Andrew Shaw and his homophobic slur.

And look at the numbers! Subban is better in just about every category. Ohhh Weber scored more goals? Let's ignore PP numbers and shooting percentages and the difference in talent surrounding Weber and Subban. Ohhh Subban gives up the puck more? Let's ignore possession numbers and the fact that in 10 fewer games Subban was involved in ~600 more plays.

Shit just doesn't add up.

Guaranteed there was a divide in the Habs dressing room with Subban on one side and Pacioretty on the other. The players voted Pacioretty as their captain and despite all the off-ice work Subban does also voted for Pacioretty for the King Clancy award.

I can understand how Subban can be polarizing...for some reason many people don't care for happy confident people despite what they'd like you to believe.

The fact is though...Subban showed up to play despite whatever issues existed in the room. Can others say the same? Also, if there are issues in a dressing room then management has to accept some responsibility for that! Therrien's obvious dislike of Subban certainly didn't help.

This whole thing just stinks. There are 29 other teams who would want Subban on their team yet Montreal not only didn't want him they traded him without shopping him around. Sure they got a good player but Bergevin claiming he thinks Montreal is better with Weber is delusional or an outright lie. I'm not drinking that Kool-Aid.

Watching sports is supposed to be fun. This sucked a lot of fun out of it for me. I can't imagine watching and cheering for a team that includes Max Pacioretty and Michel Therrien as their supposed leaders...it's laughable. I'll cheer for players instead now...like Subban, Weber, Stamkos, etc.

Someone posted the top 5 for giveaways last year...

Let me look it up.

1. Subban 106

2. Burns 102

3. Thornton 98

4. Doughty 97

5. Karlsson 96

We should all aspire to give the puck away more.

Interesting too that Bergevin when he was a player was hands down one of the most fun and colourful guys in the league. He was considered for many years to be the greatest practical joker the league had ever seen. We did a hockey news story on him back then all about his jokes.

But for sure pacioretty played a major part in this. Someone I know talked to PK yesterday and was told it was pacioretty telling Bergevin 'it's him or me'.

My wife has a personal point-of-view which I really like. If anyone ever says "it's them or me" or "it's that or me"...never pick the person giving you that ultimatum. If that's what Pacioretty said, they should have told him to get along or gtfo. I know it's not that simple...like Dale said, the players voted Pacioretty captain and Clancy (in a year Subban pledged 10 goddamn million to a children's hospital!), so he obviously had numbers on his side. Still not enough, IMO, since no one can deny that Subban is not only the better player, but never slacked either.

To me, I don't care if it was Pacioretty(and Therrien and 23 other guys on one side, and Subban on the other. All that tells me is that you have a team with no leaders, if no one was able to get your best player on the same page as the rest of you.

There are so many back stories/behind the scenes stuff I would love to know, but Im not talking about who likes who, who hates who....I want to know if Bergevin tried to trade Pac, and if not, why not. I dont care about TMZ shit, I want to know how the management comes to the decisions that they come to, the kind of internal meetings that were held. I am truly fascinated by this more than anything else.

I really like Pac as a player, but I think an argument can easily be made that he will start to detroiate as a player fairly soon and this might have been the right time to sell on him, and give this team over to Galch+Subban+Price.

Well you can look up Tony Marinaro if you want Subban's dirty laundry, but keep in mind Tony Marinaro's source sounds like it's probably Pacioretty. You'll hear about the shit Subban did or said, but you won't get anything about Pacioretty. Unfortunately for Max, highlights don't lie and you can go back and watch his performance on the ice and compare it to Subban's. Subban didn't let shit affect his on-ice performance...if you watched Pacioretty give up on the backcheck against the Avs and then blame the goal on Subban it would suggest that he did let shit affect his performance...great leader!

I sure to hope that no one thinks that racism is the cause that PK got traded. To even say this is crazy.

I believe the Montreal Canadians knew that PK was black when they drafted him

If you did not know I was accused of racism as a manager back when I worked Had to go to the Ministry of Labour.

So when I hear people say it must be racism than I get like Dale when PK got traded

I don't don't think it's outrageous to suggest racism could have played a part. not necessarily overt racism, but more in the way certain character traits are viewed and received by some people coming from a black person rather than a white person. or maybe just overt racism actually, though we can't know for sure.

I don't don't think it's outrageous to suggest racism could have played a part. not necessarily overt racism, but more in the way certain character traits are viewed and received by some people coming from a black person rather than a white person. or maybe just overt racism actually, though we can't know for sure.

There's constant covert racism going on in how people characterize this guy. "Brash", etc.

I guess I am in the minority to suggest that using the racism card is a cop out. It is the final straw that someone to use when they have no other argument as to why something has happen.

I don't like it and never will.

I guess I am in the minority to suggest that using the racism card is a cop out. It is the final straw that someone to use when they have no other argument as to why something has happen.

I don't like it and never will.

I dont understand never will.

what if its actually racism though. I mean, you do accept that there is racism in the world, right?

I dont really think he got traded because of racism, but I do think many of the hate/dislike towards PK has racist overtones. He got traded because those in charge in Mtl think he is not worth the money they gave him a couple of years ago, long term, and decided to side with whoever else didnt like him. (ie Pac/coach/whoever)

I don't think anybody ever suggested he was traded because of racism.

I think it's very subconsciously clouding some people's judgment of him. Like Arp said, I think it's all overtones. There's no overt racism.

Maybe. Maybe not. We'll never know.