Club De Hockey Canadien

Yeah maybe but that would be tough. He had a pretty terrible post-season esp against TB but really he was solid all year otherwise. Gilbert improved a lot as the season moved on which should make him more moveable (along with age, etc) but his errors all season were so glaring that I have trouble forgiving him.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bolded part is evidently now public. I was not aware. An excerpt from the press conference during the donation pledge....   At Wednesday’s announcement, P.K. was filled with emotion as he talked

This is not the Leafs thread...we don't celebrate every little accomplishment.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for e

27 years old

Right handed shot

Plays in all situations

Skates and moves Puck well

Seems like a reasonable amount..although it makes you realize how underpaid Duncan Keith is, relatively speaking.

Cody Franson?

Mike Green and Cody Franson both UFAs...I was shocked to see Mike Green is still 29 years old..I thought he was 35...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good gamble on Semin. No risk and he's got lots to prove.

Plus finally montrealers get a Hab who refuses to speak english to the media.
  • Like 2

You can listen to me, or a HOF'er:

I asked Ron Francis today at the media availability if the Semin buyout sends a message to the locker room regarding accountability. Francis said,

“I would hope to have that sense before we did this, but if they didn’t, I’m sure this will hammer it home.”

• 1 month later...

I am now a huge PK Subban fan.

Subban does some great things that no one hears about with nothing in it for him other then doing good, and is a genuinely good person. He is now one of my favourite NHL'ers, and while he always was one of my faves to watch play, I now respect the person a great great deal.

One story I can share some of the details of is that he helped the charity I volunteer with by arranging an incredible prize for a Habs fan. An auction winner at our event was granted travel+tickets to a Habs game, and then PK hosted them after the game, took them down to the dressing room, and was very very kind+gracious from what I heard.

The second story I heard from someone close to him, and I even got to talk to PK briefly, I want to keep private out of respect to the people involved, but suffice to say, PK impressed me to no end.

I felt the need to post this stuff here because Im sick of the bullsh*t "rumours" about this guy being a selfish, spoiled kid. I have no idea what goes on in the Habs dressing room, but this guy does a lot of good no one hears about, and he does it without asking whats in it for me. I dont know too many 20-somethings who are anything like that.

I continue to be amazed by how many hockey players are unaffected by their money+fame, and remain good people who genuinely want to help others.

Update:

PK Subban donates (only pledges) 10million dollars to Montreal Hospital

http://sports.yahoo....tory&soc_trk=tw

dont bother to click the link, its really nothing what he did it turns out