Fcp Heads Up Tourney

actually this is the first toureny ive created then cancelled
arent you the fitzintheboxinvitational guy? If not I apoligize. But my point still stands that if a little planning goes into this it could be a a lot of fun and a huge successedit: FitzintheboxinvitationalI have a memory like (insert something with a good memory here)
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be interested in this too. Maybe we could have a smallish buy-in one and a largeish buy-in one and then have a middle sized buy-in between the winner of each (for pride if one of the small guys can take that one down). I don't know if there's enough interest in it that way. I just feel that there are a good # of players here who'd be willing to play for from say $5-$50ish and possibly a smaller # who would play say $50-$200. Even so, I think if enough were to play in the big buy-in it could still be feasible. If this kind of situation were to take place I'd think run them on two successive nights (or at a different time) so that anyone could buy into either. I, personally would definitely be interested in a $5-50 tourney and would think it would be awesome to have the winner of that play the winner of the big boys tourney. Again, personally, I'd prefer to play on Bodog (don't know if that's possible) or on FCP. In terms of when, I'm game most nights. Obviously we'd have to get a count on who would play and what there best times were, and where to play. So if you're interested definitely drop those details into a post in this thread.Again, I think this is awesome and would love to do it (I like the idea described above because it opens up the fun to more people - if you've got better ideas, throw them up here!).RobEDIT: I'd be willing to do it on Stars or FT too, but would have to have someone transfer across from Bodog or FCP - I don't know how that works as I've never done it, nor if anyone here would trust me to do so. For this reason, I'd prefer Bodog or FCP.

I think it would be nice to get some regularly scheduled FCP tournies going. Make the HU a weekly thing, have maybe 2 different buyins at different times, that way people can choose which one to be in and everyone will know when and what time.

In terms of setting this up either regularly or fairly regularly, that's definitely an idea that we could try to shoot for. I'd definitely play in one, and as stated above I agree in having two buy-ins and possibly a third tournament with the winner of each playing HU. As for now, lets at least try and setup a first one. I'd be more than willing to help act as some to help organize the setting up in terms of determine when/where/who.I think, if this sounds like a good idea, anyone who has an interest in this should post here if what their best days and times would be for this. Additionally you should include what level of buy-in range you'd prefer to play in and at what site. I'll get the ball rollingBest Fit for Me - Date and Time: Most any weeknight starting after 8:30PM Eastern. Additionally, any Saturday or Sunday starting at any time from 3 PM Eastern to 4 AM Eastern. Preferred Buy-In: I'm flexible for anything between $5-50Preferred Site: Bodog or FCP (otherwise I'd need to work out some kind of transfer or not be eligible)

I think there seems to be enough interest to do say a $22 buyin. If this works for everyone, post a response.These are the participants who have noted thus far that they'd be interested:XXEddie - Thread starter - no info on dates/times/site or buyinRoger Wilco - No info on dates/time/siteNavyButtons - As AboveYourBGsARida - Don't know if you'd want to play a $22 - a little above your earlier indicated rangeDubey - No dates/times/sitesMyPlayIsRAB - No dates/times/sitesJesseW316 - Stars or Tilt any evening (Central)Cwik - Stars or Tilt Weekday nights not ThursdayMockerman - FCP or Bodog Any late afternoon/night (Pacific)There's additionally been interest shown in a $100 (or more) from ChunkyLuver69, GABMAD, NavyButtons, and JesseW316. I think having both would be interesting.I'm not gonna continue to post all the information about who where and when, but I will try to keep track of it. In terms of actually setting up the tourney this is not my forte. I don't know if FCPInfo could help us if he did it at FCP, although that may be a moot point, as it seems the consensus thus far seems to be Tilt or Stars.So keep replies coming and lets whiddle this down from far fetched idea to more tangible activity.I think this is a great idea and would definitely look forward to trying it out!

I think $30 should be the buyin, looks like that fits most people. Plus, if we have 4 rounds of matches, that could also be up to around $50 in buyins. How wants to hold the money? It should definately be a well-trusted FCP member. Im thinking that in order to register you must PM the money holder telling him your stars sn aswell so he knows you sent him the $30.I think the field should be 32 but if we get a whole bunch of entrants quick we could extended it to 64. Money holder will just draw names out of a hat to set up matches.I will leave comment on what payouts should be.ANy idea who should hold the money?

I think $30 should be the buyin, looks like that fits most people. Plus, if we have 4 rounds of matches, that could also be up to around $50 in buyins. How wants to hold the money? It should definately be a well-trusted FCP member. Im thinking that in order to register you must PM the money holder telling him your stars sn aswell so he knows you sent him the $30.I think the field should be 32 but if we get a whole bunch of entrants quick we could extended it to 64. Money holder will just draw names out of a hat to set up matches.I will leave comment on what payouts should be.ANy idea who should hold the money?
why would anyone have to hold the money? just make a private tourney with the agreed buyin....
$33 works for me, I have no clue who would be able to hold the money, but I agree it should be someone trusted. Not sure exactly how that would work in terms of setup, etc., but I'd be willing to transfer to whomever it is the $$$ from Bodog or FCP - I don't have a Stars account.So still, count me in, if somehow the transfer from FCP/Bodog could work out.
$33 works for me, I have no clue who would be able to hold the money, but I agree it should be someone trusted. Not sure exactly how that would work in terms of setup, etc., but I'd be willing to transfer to whomever it is the $$$ from Bodog or FCP - I don't have a Stars account.So still, count me in, if somehow the transfer from FCP/Bodog could work out.
where the **** do you $33? This isnt a tournament on stars, nobody is taking the extra $3 as a fee.Jays, how else would we do it....once its over do we tell 15 people to ship to one person, 6 to ship to another....etc. Someone has to hold the money.32 people would be around 1k, so if we want 2 or 3 holders, that is fineEDIT-I get what you are saying Jays, but we cant get 32+ people to agree on one time for this thing. So we arent gonna make one big tourney. Money holders draws names to set up matches and those two agree on a time and make a tourney for them. then the post on the thread who won

are we talkin just a 30 heads up tourney....or something like a $5 heads up tourney, and then we sent $xxx to some person to distribute after the tourney/series of tourneys in a predetermined structure? If we do a series or continuous kinda thing, it might be a good idea to do the latter. For the first time, just to see if it works, we should probably to a regular tourney.If the turn out is good and it runs smoothly, we should expand it kinda like the Neg-O's. I don't play in them since I dont have money on FCP, but we could def. do something like that on Stars as long as we planned it right. I'm up for anything and I'll hold if needed

where the **** do you $33? This isnt a tournament on stars, nobody is taking the extra $3 as a fee.Jays, how else would we do it....once its over do we tell 15 people to ship to one person, 6 to ship to another....etc. Someone has to hold the money.32 people would be around 1k, so if we want 2 or 3 holders, that is fine
Relax there. Yes I thought it was a $30 + 3 since there still seems to be some question as to what format we're going to use to set this up. Additionally, I've never dealt with setting it up through someone holding the money.
are we talkin just a 30 heads up tourney....or something like a $5 heads up tourney, and then we sent $xxx to some person to distribute after the tourney/series of tourneys in a predetermined structure? If we do a series or continuous kinda thing, it might be a good idea to do the latter. For the first time, just to see if it works, we should probably to a regular tourney.If the turn out is good and it runs smoothly, we should expand it kinda like the Neg-O's. I don't play in them since I dont have money on FCP, but we could def. do something like that on Stars as long as we planned it right. I'm up for anything and I'll hold if needed
Im saying a $30 buyin, sent to a money holder, then you make $5.50 HU matches. So all-in-all, buy in is around $80 dollars.
Im saying a $30 buyin, sent to a money holder, then you make $5.50 HU matches. So all-in-all, buy in is around $80 dollars.
I think we should do a regular tourney with no holder for the first time, to see how it runs. We can make sure the date/time is good for an optimal amount of people, make sure it's smooth, etc. Just as a trial. After that, I agree that we should do a holder and smaller tourneys. The winner of the tourneys will get the purse from winning the matches (which will be bigger or smaller depending on how swiftly he/she eliminates opponents, assuming we're doin a best of 3/best of 5 thing), and the predetermined percentage of the holder's prize pool. Something like that might work.Can we make private tourneys on Stars or Tilt that are freerolls? That could be cool, we could then divide the entire prize pool up however we want it. We could have a bad beat prize or something go to the person who was knocked out with the sickest beat...etc. We could have the tourneys every x amount of days or weeks and it would be like a series. Like the Neg-O is, I presume.
I think we should do a regular tourney with no holder for the first time, to see how it runs. We can make sure the date/time is good for an optimal amount of people, make sure it's smooth, etc. Just as a trial. After that, I agree that we should do a holder and smaller tourneys. The winner of the tourneys will get the purse from winning the matches (which will be bigger or smaller depending on how swiftly he/she eliminates opponents, assuming we're doin a best of 3/best of 5 thing), and the predetermined percentage of the holder's prize pool. Something like that might work.Can we make private tourneys on Stars or Tilt that are freerolls? That could be cool, we could then divide the entire prize pool up however we want it. We could have a bad beat prize or something go to the person who was knocked out with the sickest beat...etc. We could have the tourneys every x amount of days or weeks and it would be like a series. Like the Neg-O is, I presume.
No you cant do freerolls for private tourneys, i like your idea though
Definitely still interested, and I undestand your desire to put together a large more prestigious event. That's sensible, for me however, $80 would be too much. So I don't know about the others who were looking to play in a small buy-in, but I'd be interested in playing a tournament where the total buy-in is about $30-50. Then again, I'm only really able to play on Bodog and FCP (without transfer with someone). All that being said, those are the numbers I'm looking at and with the site constraints, I guess I'll leave my hat in the ring to play in a tourney from $10-50 (absolute top cap) total buyin.

lets all shut up and do thisMonday Night, 9PM EST.seems like a time most people are available$22 private tourney heads up matches on starsits called FCP Heads Up Tourneytahts settled, now ill make itpassword will be fcphu123gl everyone

lets all shut up and do thisMonday Night, 9PM EST.seems like a time most people are available$22 private tourney heads up matches on starsits called FCP Heads Up Tourneytahts settled, now ill make itpassword will be fcphu123gl everyone
good job letting other FCPers comments on when they could do it so we could get a max amount of entrants....oh wait....
If this happened it wouldnt be for money. It would be for pride. If you want to make money I think there would be easier ways then to play other fcpers.
Actually, pride is the main reason I'd want it to be 2K or more. I'll play for peanuts under nyms nobody knows, but here I'd want to show you people I'm not afraid to put my money where my mouth is. $2K is totally peanuts in the overall scheme of things, but at least it's ~25x more meaningful than $80.How can you take someone's game seriously when they're only risking spare change--and slinging it around like they're some kind of wheel? It's embarrassing. You know, the term "pennyante b*llsh*t" exists for a reason...just a thought. I'll be glad to see how it goes, whatever you decide.
good job letting other FCPers comments on when they could do it so we could get a max amount of entrants....oh wait....
no need for a max number of entrants.. stars does it automatically.. also, 9pm seems like a good time for everyone on a weekday.
no need for a max number of entrants.. stars does it automatically.. also, 9pm seems like a good time for everyone on a weekday.
Im trying to think of what to say.....but all i can think of is GOD, youre an idiot....