Jc "prtypsux" Alvarado 2/28 In Reno

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

J.C. Alvarado just bluffed his way into winning a big pot. On a 6 Q 7 flop, Jimmy Diep bet 25K and Alvarado called. On the 3 turn, Diep bet 45K and Alvarado called. With the K river, Diep checked, Alvarado bet 100K and Diep finally mucked in disgust. J.C. rubbed it in by turning over the 8 9 for the nine high busted straight draw. Diep shook his head in exasperation.WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
SICK

Matusow's out already.Mike Matusow Eliminated 23rd ($11,391)On a board of A98, Mike Matusow gets all in against David Pham. Matusow shows AK but Pham turns over 98 for two pair. The turn brings the 8, giving Pham a full house. The river comes the Q and Pham wins the pot, eliminating Matusow.

J.C. Alvarado just bluffed his way into winning a big pot. On a 6 Q 7 flop, Jimmy Diep bet 25K and Alvarado called. On the 3 turn, Diep bet 45K and Alvarado called. With the K river, Diep checked, Alvarado bet 100K and Diep finally mucked in disgust. J.C. rubbed it in by turning over the 8 9 for the nine high busted straight draw. Diep shook his head in exasperation.WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
how come when i do that people call? Oh wait, that's because it's 1 2nl live. good job JC. i see you still like to showboat even after John Juanda gave you a nasty glance for doing that to another player in Niagara.

I've seen JC pull some sick bluffs before. This one from the $2500 prelim at the LAPC will always stand out to me:With blind 500/1000/100, this talkative Asian dude in LP makes it 3500. The guy has around 100k to start the hand and is playing very aggro. He seems like a total nut, who will not shutup. JC is in the BB w/ 115k to start the hand, calls. On a flop of Qh-Td-6h, JC check/calls a 6k bet. The turn is the Th, pairing the board and putting the flush card out. JC checks and the guy instantly bets 18k. JC then moves AI for around 75k. The Asian guy thinks for about 10 minutes. Keep in mind, these 2 were 2 of the top 5 stacks in the room and the next one out does not get paid. Finally, the guy folds. JC stands up and proudly shows 6s 9h for bottom pair, and rakes a massive pot. Needless to say, the Asian dude went on severe tilt after the hand and was left speechless.

I've seen JC pull some sick bluffs before. This one from the $2500 prelim at the LAPC will always stand out to me:With blind 500/1000/100, this talkative Asian dude in LP makes it 3500. The guy has around 100k to start the hand and is playing very aggro. He seems like a total nut, who will not shutup. JC is in the BB w/ 115k to start the hand, calls. On a flop of Qh-Td-6h, JC check/calls a 6k bet. The turn is the Th, pairing the board and putting the flush card out. JC checks and the guy instantly bets 18k. JC then moves AI for around 75k. The Asian guy thinks for about 10 minutes. Keep in mind, these 2 were 2 of the top 5 stacks in the room and the next one out does not get paid. Finally, the guy folds. JC stands up and proudly shows 6s 9h for bottom pair, and rakes a massive pot. Needless to say, the Asian dude went on severe tilt after the hand and was left speechless.
I remember that. I LOL'd hard.

Another JC bluff story from earlier in this tournament:JC raises in MP with Qs3s (obv) and gets two callers (the two blinds IIRC). The flop comes Q47, it's checked to JC and he checks behind because "he didn't want to get c/r'd". The turn is a king and the BB leads out for 800. JC raises to 2400, and the BB re-raises to 6k total. JC had another 6k or so behind (and the other guy had like 10k), and was going to muck but said the play didn't make sense. He asked the guy if he would show if JC folded, and the guy said yes. So, obv JC shoves all in and the guy folds almost immediately. JC then showed the Q3 soooooted obv.

Another JC bluff story from earlier in this tournament:JC raises in MP with Qs3s (obv) and gets two callers (the two blinds IIRC). The flop comes Q47, it's checked to JC and he checks behind because "he didn't want to get c/r'd". The turn is a king and the BB leads out for 800. JC raises to 2400, and the BB re-raises to 6k total. JC had another 6k or so behind (and the other guy had like 10k), and was going to muck but said the play didn't make sense. He asked the guy if he would show if JC folded, and the guy said yes. So, obv JC shoves all in and the guy folds almost immediately. JC then showed the Q3 soooooted obv.
Gay waiter. I love it
Mighta had the best hand...This redraw coming up and avoiding the big stacks (Seif, Pham, and Wong would be the 3 I'd want to not have position on me) are going to be crucial to the play-down here.
Mighta had the best hand...This redraw coming up and avoiding the big stacks (Seif, Pham, and Wong would be the 3 I'd want to not have position on me) are going to be crucial to the play-down here.
I'm sure he had the best hand...but I personally am not risking my tournament life in a 5k event during level 2 with Q3. He's a sicko.
I'm sure he had the best hand...but I personally am not risking my tournament life in a 5k event during level 2 with Q3. He's a sicko.
That's because you and I see the 3 and don't bother looking at the second card.
This redraw coming up and avoiding the big stacks (Seif, Pham, and Wong would be the 3 I'd want to not have position on me) are going to be crucial to the play-down here.
And now that JC Tran has 370k, him too.
Where did you get this? I'm not seeing it on cardplayer.

Redraw time. Seif gets more chips busting Cantu. Cantu went out with KQ on a flop he missed. NoSup will be proud.

Pham takes the CLTom Duong Eliminated 18th ($15,948)Ton Duong raises to $18,000 from the button and David Pham reraises from the small blind to $56,000. Duong makes the call and the flop comes KJ3. Pham bets $60,000 and Duong raises to $140,000. Pham moves all in for over $300,000 and Duong calls all in immediately. Pham shows AA but Duong turns over KJ. However, the turn is the A, giving Pham a set of aces. The river brings the 5 and Pham wins the pot, eliminating Duong from the tournament.Siick