Attention Chicago Peeps

Good. We need a huge donk to build a game around. :club:
heehaw! Sitting at airport, flight is delayed... :(Mark
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump, cause i'm working tonight, so I won't be around if you guys iron out any fine details.As for tommorrow, i'm still not 100% of my plan, but i'll be at Majestic in the morning/afternoon and then gonna just play it by ear probably. Guess it partially depends how well Jon is doing and i'm doing in eventual cash games (sure hope they have space quickly). If anyone wants my number or to give me theirs, just PM me. (include your real name if you do... i dont want FCP names in my phone, lol... that's wierd! :club: )

Mark, Checky & co. you guys going to be at Majestic tonight? I decided to just get a room for tonight, play some cash games for a while and pass out early before tomorrows obnoxious 9am start time.

Mark, Checky & co. you guys going to be at Majestic tonight? I decided to just get a room for tonight, play some cash games for a while and pass out early before tomorrows obnoxious 9am start time.
On that note, don't expect me at 9, I wont get off work till midnight. But i'll try to get there as early as I can.

So I hit up Resorts last night and it was a total bummer. I think b/c of all the stuff going on at Majestic the crowd was over there, so Resorts was barely half full. I've never seen it like that. I almost left immediately, but I figured I'd already driven out there... I called ahead and got into a 5/10 LHE game after about 10 minutes of waiting.Things didn't start off too well, and I whiffed on my first couple flops (while holding like AK and AJ), but nothing major. Then I pick up KK UTG. I limped, several callers, BB 3-bets I cap, all else fold. Flop AK7 SWEET. both flush and straight draws got there though, so I had to slow down, but still managed to beat QQ (who rivered his set). I win a couple other pots and am up a decent amount when a hand came up that really pissed me off. Basically I lost the minimum (or close to it) w/ TT vs. AA on a 9-high board. The thing that pissed me off is I checked behind on the river and mucked my cards when he tabled his Aces, but the dealer pulled my cards out of the muck to show someone who asked. I didn't think they could do that b/c I mucked the hand, but they claimed that I "called the check" and players could ask to see my cards once every half hour. Sounds like a stupid, half-baked rule to me, but not much I could do about it. Still up a couple hundred when the hand of the night came up. I raise on button w/ AA, BB 3-bets I cap. Flop K69. He bets I raise he 3-bets and I think I just called, but I may have capped, not sure. Turn pairs the 6. I'm fairly sure this street got capped, b/c there's no way he's got a 6, so this card helps me if he's got some goofy 2-pr. hand. I forget the river, but it doesn't change anything. He bets, and I just call behind. Obv. he tables KK. I'm pretty sure I lost close to the maximum here, but I still think I played it pretty well. BB seemed to have soem personal vendetta to beat me, and never respected my raises, though every time he called I turned over a premium hand.At this point I was still up, but I lost over a hundred in the last pot. Then things just got worse. I couldn't connect w/ any flops, and when I did I got drawn out on. Flopped top 2 and lose to rivered flush. Flopped top pr. w/ AK and this total donk who looked like a 5'9" Men the Master chased just a backdoor flush draw and hit running diamonds. He didn't even have a straight draw or any high-card value (just T :club: 8 :D ) Nah han sir. Then I lost w/ A8 vs. AT with the other 2 aces on board.At this point I was probably stuck around 80 bucks, and I caught a mini-heater winning a pot where I'd straddled - I made a straight w/ 37, and then I won a pretty big pot w/ a flush. I ended up the 6+ hour session + $80, but I feel like it was a total failure. Honestly I saw more good cards (TT, KK, AA, AK) in this session than in any other 5/10 session I'd ever played, but b/c the table was playing as donktastic as your average 2/4 or 3/6 game I kept getting my big cards rammed in my ***.The one thing I took a little bit of pride in was not steaming after the KK>AA hand. I was able to pretty successfully move past that. Maybe I'll see some of you guys this weekend.GL Hoosier...

Chris and I are driving up to Potowatomi with a couple friends. I'm going to try and suck Checky in when he wakes up. But we will be at Majestic tomorrow after Vick12's homegame for sure, and plan on playing all night.Mark
Good. We need a huge donk to build a game around. :club:
I thought I was gonna be the huge donk? Oh wait, I can still be the fish. And probably the old guy.

BUMP.Is anyone going to get updates from Hoosier today? Kurt could prob. text 'em to someone. I'll be at the other boat, so I won't be much help...EDIT: Just got a text from Kurt (@9:20ish), the tourney started @ 9:00 and He and Hoosier just left Chicago - Hellmuth style.

EDIT: Just got a text from Kurt (@9:20ish), the tourney started @ 9:00 and He and Hoosier just left Chicago - Hellmuth style.
LOL awesome!Mark
someone should tell adam that i need directions to his stupid home game.oh, i just did. :club:
Why don't you just ride with us donkey kong? You coming to the majestic afterwards?Mark
KHere's the "official" detail....PM me for more details/directions etc.
I only giving out the location to those who pm me. I hope Palos is a big enough city that they have better things to do than find a random .25/.50 home game w/ 10-20 people. But to be safe...I am not publically posting the location.
Oh Hi....
Why don't you just ride with us donkey kong? You coming to the majestic afterwards?Mark
that's MISTER donkey kong to you! and fine, i'll take you up on the ride so's i can get hammered. when are you leaving? and do you know where i live?
that's MISTER donkey kong to you! and fine, i'll take you up on the ride so's i can get hammered. when are you leaving? and do you know where i live?
Don't forget the lipstick and lube. :club:
Don't forget the lipstick and lube. :club:
Is that for Jamie or Chris? :D
Not sure what time. Chris isn't even awake yet, so I doubt we'll make it to Majestic before hand. I'll call you later when we figure it out. I'm guessing we'll leave around 5, get you, get there by 6?I know you live somewhere in the city so you can't be far from us :)Mark
Is that for Jamie or Chris? :club:
Its sad when I'm going to be BY FAR the 3rd gayest guy in the car. It makes me want to get my highlights done and cry myself to sleep.Mark
Who starts a major poker tourney at 9am....
IndianaIm leaving in about and hour for majestic. itll take me about an hour to get there. Anyone gonna be up there then?
Not sure what time. Chris isn't even awake yet, so I doubt we'll make it to Majestic before hand. I'll call you later when we figure it out. I'm guessing we'll leave around 5, get you, get there by 6?I know you live somewhere in the city so you can't be far from us :)Mark
fine.
Its sad when I'm going to be BY FAR the 3rd gayest guy in the car. It makes me want to get my highlights done and cry myself to sleep.Mark
QFT!!!!
This thread makes me think of this video. NSFW unless you have headphones.
Mark
LOL...I swear they look just like Jamie and Chris...