Just Donked Off 4 Buy-ins On A Cash Game

My system, now, as someone who plays SNGs and cash is that I may start with cash- I play limit so I'll buy in for 3 times the min. If I somehow end up losing all of it in one sitting, I'll switch to SNGs, and play ten in a row, usually half holdem and half something else - stud Hi/lo, razz, etc. This keeps me from getting bored or going on tilt.

Thanks for the replies guys. I take every one of them seriously. Its good to hear that i'm not the only one that has a problem with this.Fortunately, i didnt blow my whole roll that night, only 75% of it. I have to go back to some Fpp sunday mil sats and low SNGs to build again. I have thought about possibly withdrawing more money when i win it to avoid the losses, but then my hopes of moving up levels will never happen if i do that. I just have to do a better job of taking myself out of the situation when i notice that tilt is occuring, which is easier said than done.

Its more fun to play 5 hours of ps2 in a day than 5 hours of poker
I dunno, I don't play video games, but a winning session of poker is better than just about anything else for me. :)Mark
actually i did play about 15 hands one of those days before I got bored, I needed a few days off at the end of the month before i got back to the grind. Its more fun to play 5 hours of ps3 in a day than 5 hours of poker
FYP
Thanks for the replies guys. I take every one of them seriously. Its good to hear that i'm not the only one that has a problem with this.Fortunately, i didnt blow my whole roll that night, only 75% of it. I have to go back to some Fpp sunday mil sats and low SNGs to build again. I have thought about possibly withdrawing more money when i win it to avoid the losses, but then my hopes of moving up levels will never happen if i do that. I just have to do a better job of taking myself out of the situation when i notice that tilt is occuring, which is easier said than done.
I went through roughly two years of playing without sufficient BR and I kept having to deposit once every couple of months. Since November I have practised proper BR management and between PS, FT and UB I have about $1000 built up from my initial deposit of $75 on UB. At times I look at the 0.50/1 and 1/2 games and see how much more significant the pots are than at my usual .10/.25 tables, but I have forced myself not to jump up too fast. I will continue to build the roll and move up when the BR can handle it, this has actually caused me to tilt less as I can sustain the loses better. Sure it is a slower grind but I also feel as though I am learning more about the game through the grind than I was when I would be risking 25% - 50% of the roll in one game.Best of luck OP!

you should try out cryptologic sites for cash games. they are quite soft. the reason is they also have tables in pounds.for example, i play .25/.50 NL pound tables. to them its .25/.50 but to me it's .5/1.00 NL so you are getting the skill level of 50 cent players, but are playing for double that. i'm canadian so it's even better (than american).you can go up in stakes but play weak players still.

actually i did play about 15 hands one of those days before I got bored, I needed a few days off at the end of the month before i got back to the grind. Its more fun to play 5 hours of XBOX 360 in a day than 5 hours of pokerFYP

actually i did play about 15 hands one of those days before I got bored, I needed a few days off at the end of the month before i got back to the grind. Its more fun to play 5 hours of XBOX 360, PS3 and WII in a day than 5 hours of pokerFYPOhh thats right, I have them all!!!!! Mwuhahahahahah........my life is so sad :club:

you should try out cryptologic sites for cash games. they are quite soft. the reason is they also have tables in pounds.for example, i play .25/.50 NL pound tables. to them its .25/.50 but to me it's .5/1.00 NL so you are getting the skill level of 50 cent players, but are playing for double that. i'm canadian so it's even better (than american).you can go up in stakes but play weak players still.
I miss Crypto :club:
Have you ever dusted off 4 buyins in LHE?Now that's a sicker feeling.
did that once in a 5/10 game it does suck...lost 2.5 buy ins when i took a shot at 10/20