Official Yankees 07 Thread

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im kind of excited to see Clemens come back. Even though it is in Pinstripes. But I figure its better than with the Red Sox.
I like the Yankees, so Im excited. And I'm glad hes not with the Red Sox or the Astros, two of my most hated teams.
I've just finished watching them against Tampa. Your wrong, the guy is 15 plus pounds bigger this year than last. Thats what I see in front of me not what I've "heard". Dam. When is George gonna pony up is Doe and get Clemens over to NY? They need PITCHING bad.
I'll trust MY OWN EYES. Man, this community is proliferated with so many contrarians its down right astonishing.
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2865760Read the first line of this article, and tell me again how A-Rod is heavier than last year.
  • 2 weeks later...

BREAK OUT THE BROOOOMS!!!!!!I can't wait to hear Steinbrenner's statement on monday when they're 12 back going into a series with the best team in baseball. I'm guessing it will go something like 'You're FIRED!!!"

Well...at least we never gave up and scored 7 runs today. Met fans have to be worried about Wagner's intelligence as he gave us extra outs in the bottom of the 9th, but maybe we can grab one tomorrow before we start playing the Sox.

Well...at least we never gave up and scored 7 runs today. Met fans have to be worried about Wagner's intelligence as he gave us extra outs in the bottom of the 9th, but maybe we can grab one tomorrow before we start playing the Sox.
You'll have to forgive Wagner, unlike Rivera he isn't used to having men on base as of late. It's true.
  • 4 weeks later...
We're rolling. Look out.
I cant believe Clemens pitches a great game, 2 runs and the yanks cant even score
I cant believe Clemens pitches a great game, 2 runs and the yanks cant even score
Well, they had to lose eventually. I went down to the game today. Although they took forever I'm glad to see that the Yanks bounced back. Hopefully we can get another winning streak going. Rockies and Giants coming up.
We're rolling. Look out.
Well, they had to lose eventually. I went down to the game today. Although they took forever I'm glad to see that the Yanks bounced back. Hopefully we can get another winning streak going. Rockies and Giants coming up.
Well, maybe your luck will turn around in San Francisco.
Well, maybe your luck will turn around in San Francisco.
Or maybe you'll lose two out of three.Hey, either way.(Look, I'm stoked my team won two in a row after an eight game losing streak. I'm not trying to be mean, but I gotta find good news wherever I can)

Well...at least football season isn't too far away. Let's go Jets!!!

I'm kind of in a terrible position here.I'm a baseball fan all the way, and was raised a Yankee fan. I'm a hardcore A-Rod fanboy and don't watch any other sport with any kind of regularity.At the same time, I'm embarrassed to call myself a Yankee fan with the way they've been playing.At least Rodriguez dominated the All-Star ballots, eh?my life sucks.

Edwar Ramirez's Major League debut: IP, 0H, 0BB, 0ER, 3K...not bad. They should give him the setup role right now. He can't be much worse then Farnsworth. I'm so excited. The Yanks have won 2 in a row!!! Well, if nothing else our farm system is loaded with talented young pitching.

• 3 weeks later...

A pretty good time to feel better about the Yankees. It looks like we're going to be able to make a run at the playoffs. Our offensive is explosive, our pitchers are settling in, and Alexander the Great is about to his number 500.

Bump.Okay, so A Rod is 0 and 20 after hitting 499. No big deal. It's not like we're experiencing a team wide lack of home runs. We're 3 behind in the wild card, which is nothing. I seriously doubt that we'll ever really catch Boston, especially with their newest acquisition. But I would say that we're better than 50/50 to get the wild card. We're playing very well, we have some interesting pitchers coming up from the minors, and our hitting is out of control. Heck, we've had the best July in baseball. If we keep anything like this up for the next two months, we'll be playing in October for sure.But seriously, A Rod needs to get a hit pretty soon.

Bump.Okay, so A Rod is 0 and 20 after hitting 499. No big deal. It's not like we're experiencing a team wide lack of home runs. We're 3 behind in the wild card, which is nothing. I seriously doubt that we'll ever really catch Boston, especially with their newest acquisition. But I would say that we're better than 50/50 to get the wild card. We're playing very well, we have some interesting pitchers coming up from the minors, and our hitting is out of control. Heck, we've had the best July in baseball. If we keep anything like this up for the next two months, we'll be playing in October for sure.But seriously, A Rod needs to get a hit pretty soon.
I went to the game yesterday. I can't believe that they came all the way back and ended up losing. However, I think that it's greater than 50-50 whether or not the Yankees make the playoffs. I don't respect the Indians at all. For a team with a horrific bullpen and mediocre starting pitching they are finding a lot of ways to win dramatic games. It's hard for me to believe that this will continue.

Well, at least we know we can beat up on bad teams. When looking at this schedule a month ago, I remember talking about if we would ever come back, multiple series against tampa, KC, etc was the time to do it. Good to see it actually happen. Soon we find out if the Yanks can beat good times...Oh and I'm glad A-Rod hit 500. Now hopefully with that monkey off his back, he can go back to "normal," with normal being the insane pace he has been on most of the season.