• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Villain is a regular that I've played a bit with more recently, though I think he's new to Cake midstakes. I've 3bet him a few times and I kind of expected him to not give me much credit here. Flop obviously sucks but I don't really expect him to have a king really often unless he has KQ. I'd almost certainly expect AK/JJ+ to 4bet here.http://www.pokerhand.org/?3296908Edit: I'm asking for opinions. Bet/call turn? Check/shove? Keep in mind we have no fold equity. Check/fold??????
Given your read that hands like KK, JJ and AK 4bet pre, I think his turn bet is kinda strange in terms of what he is representing. I'm struggling to believe that a hand like KQ is value betting that large (what is he getting value from?). He probably/possibly shoves a diamond draw on the flop, so that's got to be discounted (although I keep coming back to this read). He could also have floated you because your range probably doesn't love that flop.I think JT fits well but given that 1) he's probably not going to be giving you too much credit for a hand, and 2) your line would probably be c/f on the turn with a lot of your range giving him a lot of fold equity,I think check/shoving is probably best.

Chicago people are scum and owe me money.Jeffrey owes me $3 from getting owned in chinesechris owes me $40 cuz the Cubs suck.That is all

I don't really see how that could possibly be profitable if you are doing it regularly.I'm not saying he is just turning them into a bluff only, I am saying either that or if I check 2 streets he might bluff catch with them.
I do it with 1 hand specifically, sometimes with very strong hands, Never with AA. Idk wtf bluff catch means, unfamiliar with the lingo...you mean he'll check call with QQ or KK? He'll do the same when you bet tiny on the flop fwiw. A good player probably even folds [edit]only KK (I was in a hurry) on the AT89J board when he chekcs the river and u bet.
I agree with RDog, hes not spazz shoving too often
Did I ever say he was?
I can't really think of a hand I should be betting there
I can.....(all of the ones I'm 4 betting)
And theres no way flatting 4 bets with 100 BB especially oop can be a good thing.
orly?
Seems to me that it's a pretty close call on the check or bet small thing.
Kinda seems that way, I don't think so though.
I don't think it turns out a ton different either way for the most part.
It does when the turn and river are bricks for both.
So, how much do you bet on the turn then?
depends on the card and the read, on this turn and with the read we have I bet like 34 or 39 ( i don't like betting even 40 just cuz I'm weird like that). if the turn was a 2c I'd prob check back since he has about a psb left and I'd pray the river is a H or a low card, I'd still call any river though obviously.
I don't think I said that betting that small amount would kill action.
I know you didn't but people are acting like it would, and it won't.

I was going to check raise this flop but he didn't give me a chance to. When he checks the flop back he's almost never doing it with a pocket pair. I was pretty sure I could get him to fold (guess not.) He's one of the biggest winners in the AP 25nl games, I'm not sure what I think of him now.Absolute PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.10/$0.256 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $15.96UTG+1: $54.24CO: $11.19Button: $10.80SB: $20.53Hero: $25.47Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with J :D Q :4h UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to $1, 3 folds, Hero calls.Flop: 2 :5c 7 :club: 6 :D ($2.1, 2 players)Hero checks, UTG+1 checks.Turn: 3 :ts ($2.1, 2 players)Hero bets $1.5, UTG+1 calls.River: 5 :D ($5.1, 2 players)Hero bets $3.5, UTG+1 calls.Results:Final pot: $12.1Hero Shows Jh QhUTG+1 Shows Kd Ah

I was going to check raise this flop but he didn't give me a chance to. When he checks the flop back he's almost never doing it with a pocket pair. I was pretty sure I could get him to fold (guess not.) He's one of the biggest winners in the AP 25nl games, I'm not sure what I think of him now.Absolute PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.10/$0.256 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $15.96UTG+1: $54.24CO: $11.19Button: $10.80SB: $20.53Hero: $25.47Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with J :D Q :4h UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to $1, 3 folds, Hero calls.Flop: 2 :5c 7 :club: 6 :D ($2.1, 2 players)Hero checks, UTG+1 checks.Turn: 3 :ts ($2.1, 2 players)Hero bets $1.5, UTG+1 calls.River: 5 :D ($5.1, 2 players)Hero bets $3.5, UTG+1 calls.Results:Final pot: $12.1Hero Shows Jh QhUTG+1 Shows Kd Ah
seems like he can see your cards.
PokerEV can't enumerate hands where it doesn't know hole cards. The only hands it shows of his are the showdown hands.
that's what i figured....he lost 454 from theh ands i played with him, which was basically my entire 2.6k hands....he was stuck ~5k at one point, not sure how he ended up...but he went on a pretty sick heater as you can tell, at the end of his sesh.

jc, a bluff catcher is exactly what it is...a bluff catcher.sorta like having QJ on a KTQ74 board or something. basically it's a spot where you have a made hand, but in a spot where if you're bet into, or raised, yada yada, you're only beating a bluff. AK could also be considered a bluff catcher on that type of board, depending on the action etc...but generally when someone says "I have a bluff catcher" it means you only think youre good if youre picking off a bluff.i dont feel like i explained that well, but w/e

When I have been in these spots the past couple days, I don't fold and run into a set. Take it fwiw.
that's just bad luck. you can't worry about that. there's lots of hands the minraise can be done with.Also, in an unrelated topic. I made small raptor/JC bets on all three streets. it works! max value i thinkFull Tilt Poker Game #8409359929: $28,000 Guarantee (63873407), Table 31 - 60/120 - No Limit Hold'em - 23:17:53 ET - 2008/10/08Seat 1: SaulGood (5,670)Seat 2: Bradness (8,745)Seat 3: realityflair (2,440)Seat 4: Bad Boy Boil (11,770)Seat 5: Dratj (1,965)Seat 6: xh2o (2,934)Seat 7: vetiver (2,940)Seat 8: ouragan91 (8,885)Seat 9: Rochsmith (9,851)Bradness posts the small blind of 60realityflair posts the big blind of 120The button is in seat #1*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Dratj [Kc Ah]Bad Boy Boil foldsDratj raises to 420xh2o foldsvetiver foldsouragan91 foldsRochsmith foldsSaulGood foldsBradness calls 360realityflair folds*** FLOP *** [Qh Kd 6s]Bradness has 15 seconds left to actBradness checksDratj bets 240Bradness calls 240*** TURN *** [Qh Kd 6s] [7d]Bradness checksDratj bets 240Bradness calls 240*** RIVER *** [Qh Kd 6s 7d] [Ts]Bradness has 15 seconds left to actBradness checksDratj bets 360Bradness calls 360*** SHOW DOWN ***Dratj shows [Kc Ah] a pair of KingsBradness mucksDratj wins the pot (2,640) with a pair of KingsThe blinds are now 80/160*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 2,640 | Rake 0Board: [Qh Kd 6s 7d Ts]Seat 1: SaulGood (button) didn't bet (folded)Seat 2: Bradness (small blind) mucked [Ac 6c] - a pair of SixesSeat 3: realityflair (big blind) folded before the FlopSeat 4: Bad Boy Boil didn't bet (folded)Seat 5: Dratj showed [Kc Ah] and won (2,640) with a pair of KingsSeat 6: xh2o didn't bet (folded)Seat 7: vetiver didn't bet (folded)Seat 8: ouragan91 didn't bet (folded)Seat 9: Rochsmith didn't bet (folded) Edited by Dratj

played some interesting people today. here is my graph for the day.. notice the last hand is all the way up to $132 profit, hard to see that with PT3lolyouguysaresoooobadnd7.jpgBy tremomey at 2008-10-08This is the last hand, I will give someone 10 dollars american if you can guess his hand on the first try. GL I will reveal results tomorrow morning. Full Tilt Poker $2/$4 No Limit Hold'em - 2 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterHero (BB): $906.95BTN/SB: $630.05Pre Flop: ($6.00) Hero is BB with T :4h T :club:BTN/SB raises to $8, Hero raises to $29, BTN/SB calls $21Flop: ($58.00) T :5c 2 :ts J :D(2 players)Hero bets $35, BTN/SB calls $35Turn: ($128.00) 4 :D(2 players)Hero checks, BTN/SB bets $80, Hero raises to $201, BTN/SB calls $121River: ($530.00) Q :D(2 players)Hero bets $641.95 all in, BTN/SB calls $365.05 all in