New Challenge (old Challenge)

Can you explain why $2 is too small? I guess I am thinking that a huge repop here is only getting called by hands that we coinflip with or are already behind, and hard to lay down post flop, where a $2 or so raise will still see people with worse hands call, Ax, Q9-QJ, K9-KQ, 89, 9 10, J 10 and small pairs type of hands. Are you doing the big raise because the villian's stats are that bad. Again, excuse me if this is elementary to you.
If you raise to $2 then the first villain will be getting 1.20 to call in ~4.40 which means that you're going to be getting a lot of calls not just from the 3better but from all the other tards with their entire range, making most flops (even with 3 unders) a bad one that will be hard to play on. We don't want to give them odds to call. I mean if a villain 4bet to $2 here we'd be calling in position with our suited connectors and PP's and w/e because it's just such good odds, nevermind reverse implied odds.
runbadatlife.jpgHaven't used this program before but this pretty much confirms I'm running bad, right? All at 25nl and 50nl.Does anyone know how to check my nonshowdown winnings?At what point does one become Cwik'd?
Your non-SD winnings will be SD winnings - total winnings, so for you it looks to be about -$600.And is that -$700 in equity at 25 and 50nl? sick :club:
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

line check?
Mate - convert those HH's, they're gross to read
I go for a C/R on this river almost every time
That's villain dependant, if someone's very passive (like it looks like he is) i'd almost never be checking to him thereBull - Epic, please drink more

Crossposted from the December Goals thread:Okay well I didn't really have any goals in November, I was pretty down on my play at the time. As for the month itself...well, I'll let the graph speak for itself.november.pngSo yeah...not fun. But I'm about +$40 on the month with rakeback and I'm up a Stox Poker Membership and the $80 that is HEM. Thank you, rakeback. I guess I can't complain but I'd still like to, because I feel like I'm going around in circles. The other problem, even though the month is a profit is that I started last month with 11 BI or something, so it's not like I can fade a downswing too easily right now. Blehhhh.so this month

• 60k hands
  • Ironman (yeah, at 10NL, gogogogogo)
  • Learn how to not swing more than a jazz band
  • Keep improving
  • Get less lazy and organise some sweats and stuff
  • Stay confident, they can't keep you down

I got me a Macbook and I already love it.I'm in the process setting it up for poker... Boot camp rocks: it's so simple and in an instant you have a Mac/Windows XP capable computer.I'm *never* buying a PC again.
I only have a MacBook for poker atm and the lack of any Windows apps. is getting annoying. Is BootCamp easy to configure, and relatively cheap? It's coming to the point where I really feel I should invest in it. Problem is, I'd basically only use it for poker-related things, and they could be Mac-compatible any time now (hopefully), so not sure if I may as well just wait.
Can you explain why $2 is too small? I guess I am thinking that a huge repop here is only getting called by hands that we coinflip with or are already behind, and hard to lay down post flop, where a $2 or so raise will still see people with worse hands call, Ax, Q9-QJ, K9-KQ, 89, 9 10, J 10 and small pairs type of hands. Are you doing the big raise because the villian's stats are that bad. Again, excuse me if this is elementary to you.
ask all the questions you want chuck. someone will always answerthe reason for making a larger 4bet here is that with all the cold callers, the pot is so bloated already that making it $1.20 more will give them the correct odds to call and outdraw you. it was make it like $5 or even shove, we will probably still get a caller from a worse hand. the reason that we will get a caller is that theres already so many people in for .80. they are monkeys, and just want to gamble. make a big raise, and punish them for their gambling.
Okay I do not understand Ironman. What the fuck. It tells me I need one day of 100 points to make it to Bronze, now on the 30th it tells me I'm unable to qualify??? fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
Change 100 pts to 200 pts and Bronze to Gold and it's exactly the same for me. I suspect the report is buggy and I'd just try to get the 100 pts anyway.
Okay I do not understand Ironman. What the fuck. It tells me I need one day of 100 points to make it to Bronze, now on the 30th it tells me I'm unable to qualify??? fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
Once you reach the 100 points it will say that you have qualified. Not sure why it does that but it is the same for me.

Reposting this, think it is worthy of some discussion.So I was discussing this hand with my dad that he played and he thought that if we were the player with QK reraising was the best move and I wanted to explain to him that although it's not terrible, it's not the best line IMO. Then I went on to explain as to why his play with 99 (we're CO) is incorrect as he said he would play it the same way and just bet more on the river instead, this is what I wrote (starts off with 'if we had KQ'). Thought you guys might find it interesting/have fun laughing at it. Thanks to CitizenErased for helping me out.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comCO ($16.95)Button ($6.25)SB ($24.75)BB ($23.15)UTG ($23.55)UTG+1 ($4.30)MP1 ($29.30)MP2 ($25.40)Preflop:2 folds, MP1 calls $0.25, MP2 raises to $1, CO calls $1, 1 fold, SB calls $0.90, BB calls $0.75, MP1 calls $0.75Flop: ($5) :D, :4h, :D(5 players)SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, CO bets $1.50, 1 fold, BB calls $1.50, 1 fold, MP2 calls $1.50Turn: ($9.50) :club:(3 players)BB checks, MP2 checks, CO checksRiver: ($9.50) :5c(3 players)BB checks, MP2 checks, CO bets $2, 1 fold, MP2 calls $2Total pot: $13.50 | Rake: $0.65Results:MP2 had :ts, :D (one pair, Kings).CO had :3h, :D (one pair, nines).Outcome: MP2 won $12.85Check raising here with QK in't horrible here, and I understand why you would do it, to extract an extra bet from a player and to prevent other cards coming that complete possible draws but I think by check raising I think we are playing scared and folding out a lot of the hands that we can extract value from, like JT, J9/8/Q that stick around here if we just fire out a good C bet and we at the time thin out the number of opponents we may have to showdown to, which we want to with a mediocre hand like QK (not that we really want to push out draw chasers in situations where we have one opponent and they are drawing, remember, we want them to call with the wrong odds, and therefore we profit because statistically they aren't going to hit their cards, it's easy to forget this). If the turn is a blank which most of the time it will be against the thinned out opponents, we can bet out again and get a call from those hands still chasing or a weaker king and extract more value. I think if a safe river follows we should bet but ready to fold to a raise. If the turn is unsafe, we have to exercise more pot control by check calling or even betting amd folding to a raise. If after an unsafe turn we get a bad river for us, we should just be check folding. If however the river is blank we should be checking then folding to a bet or checking then calling, but this is villan dependent.An alternate line is simply checking the flop and then calling a bet (slight risk of a free card here though but unlikely when there are 4/5 players in the hand), if the turn is a blank we can try to extract some value. If not then it's as I described above.So really all that changes in this hand is the possible lines to take on the flop, they all have their pros and cons, but I think we can get the most value out of leading out initially, while raising the chance our winning a show down by getting rid of a couple of opponents. The line taken on the turn and river should remain the same. We have to be prepared to lay the hand down to being played back at, and realise there are plenty of hands that beat us. I think we should still be prepared to fold to raise on the river even if the turn and river have both blanked as our equity is much poorer than you'd think: 540 games 0.005 secs 108,000 games/secBoard: Jd 4d Kh Th 3cDead: equity win tie pots won pots tied Hand 0: 20.000% 13.33% 06.67% 72 36.00 { KQs, KQo }Hand 1: 80.000% 73.33% 06.67% 396 36.00 { KK-TT, AJs+, KJs+, AQo+, KJo+ }However when we are facing a looser opponent we are face with a harder decision because they are seeing the river with a much wider range of hands and may just be playing at us with a lot of hands we beat and it therefore it becomes helpful to have some kind of read on the villan (but notice how our equity is still negative): 1,203 games 0.005 secs 240,600 games/secBoard: Jd 4d Kh Th 3cDead: equity win tie pots won pots tied Hand 0: 47.132% 44.14% 02.99% 531 36.00 { KQs, KQo }Hand 1: 52.868% 49.88% 02.99% 600 36.00 { TT-99, AJs+, KJs+, Q9s+, J9s+, T9s, AQo+, KJo+, QTo-Q9o, J9o+, T9o }Anyway, your actual hand:You shouldn't be betting there with 99. The likelyhood is at least one of them has atleast a jack and are just playing scared. I mean lets take a look at your equity versus the preflop raiser alone (i've given him what I feel is a realistic range): 101,970 games 0.005 secs 20,394,000 games/secBoard: Jd 4d KhDead: equity win tie pots won pots tied Hand 0: 29.307% 28.83% 00.47% 29401 483.50 { 9c9d }Hand 1: 70.693% 70.22% 00.47% 71602 483.50 { 77+, AJs+, KJs+, QJs, T9s, AJo+, KJo+ } Now lets throw everyone else in and their viable hand ranges (this one took an hour to calculate), an almost random hand has more equity: 1,034,102,684,121 games 33242.124 secs 31,108,201 games/secBoard: Jd 4d KhDead: equity win tie pots won pots tied Hand 0: 36.913% 35.65% 01.26% 368669351534 13051212291.64 { 77+, AJs+, KJs+, QJs, T9s, AJo+, KJo+ }Hand 1: 09.261% 09.15% 00.11% 94668757669 1097988381.14 { 9c9d }Hand 2: 22.001% 20.74% 01.26% 214439935984 13067982937.52 { JJ-66, AQs-A4s, K9s+, Q9s+, J9s+, T9s, 98s, AQo-A9o, KTo+ }Hand 3: 16.515% 15.61% 00.91% 161375338719 9411767207.56 { JJ-44, AQs-A5s, K7s+, Q7s+, J7s+, T7s+, 97s+, 87s, 76s, AQo-A6o, K7o+, Q8o+, J8o+, T8o+, 97o+ }Hand 4: 15.310% 14.62% 00.69% 151193971296 7126378093.75 { 22+, A2s+, K4s+, Q6s+, J6s+, T6s+, 97s+, 86s+, 75s+, 63s+, 53s+, 43s, A4o+, K5o+, Q7o+, J7o+, T7o+, 97o+, 87o, 76o, 64o+, 53o+ }Ok so Add in the turn with the other villans viable range on the turn and your equity is 0% 302,400 games 0.141 secs 2,144,680 games/secBoard: Jd 4d Kh ThDead: equity win tie pots won pots tied Hand 0: 75.211% 73.58% 01.63% 222507 4929.67 { 99+, AJs+, KJs+, QJs, JTs, T9s, AJo+, KJo+ }Hand 1: 03.679% 03.23% 00.45% 9769 1357.67 { 9c9d }Hand 2: 21.110% 19.28% 01.83% 58300 5536.67 { TT-88, ATs, KJs+, QTs+, JTs, T9s, 98s, 87s, AJo-ATo, KJo, QJo, JTo, T8o+, 98o }Once we are at the river, assuming our villans are somewhat standard we can narrow down their ranges by how they have played the hand so far (taking out the really big hands here that probably would have made some kind of move for value on the turn): 120,834 games 0.031 secs 3,897,870 games/secBoard: Jd 4d Kh ThDead: equity win tie pots won pots tied Hand 0: 84.005% 81.38% 02.63% 98334 3173.17 { AA, QQ, TT-99, AQs-AJs, KQs, QJs, T9s, AQo-AJo }Hand 1: 02.181% 01.80% 00.38% 2175 460.67 { 9c9d }Hand 2: 13.813% 11.30% 02.51% 13656 3035.17 { 99-88, ATs, KQs, QTs+, T9s, 98s, 87s, AJo-ATo, QJo, T8o+ }Hopefully you'll see the problem with your hand here. If you look at your hand against your opponents possible ranges (which you should always try and establish to some extent, it's usually not going to be so exact), you see that your hand has basically no value here at all. On the river you give them 5 to 1, meaning their hand only has to have 20% equity against your hand and clearly at least one of them is likely it has a lot more than that. My range with the 2nd villan seems to make sense and he folds to your bet. Hopefully this rather thorough explanation will help you out in these kind of situations in the future (took me 6 hours!).

I'm lost. Who has KQ? Your dad is the 99 guy right? So I don't get the way you are breaking down the hand.If your dad is the 99 guy then I can break down the entire hand in one sentence.Start the hand with $25, and c/f on every street when you setmine with a mid PP and the flop comes w/ 2 overs against 5 opponents.If he doesn't understand that concept then breaking down ranges and getting all theoretical with possible hands and equities is only going to confuse him unnecessarily. KISS - Keep it simple stupid.Unless there is something else going on here?

i can't believe you posted the same hand THREE DIFFERENT TIMES.PS that bet if you are CO is probably the worst bet ever.PS2. That pokerstove crap is so unnecessary for this handPS3. I want one of these.

Reposting this, think it is worthy of some discussion.Check raising here with QK in't horrible here,.Yes it is. There is only one guy left to act and a million hands that he just checks behind with. You dont want to let a diamond J,T,A fall because you were hoping that the last person left to act would raise. An alternate line is simply checking the flop and then calling a bet (slight risk of a free card here though but unlikely when there are 4/5 players in the hand), if the turn is a blank we can try to extract some value. If not then it's as I described above. This is result oriented thinking. Sure check calling a bet from co isnt bad but when he doesnt bet you missed so much value from all the draws you are talking about.Anyway, your actual hand:You shouldn't be betting there with 99. The likelyhood is at least one of them has atleast a jack and are just playing scared. I mean lets take a look at your equity versus the preflop raiser alone (i've given him what I feel is a realistic range):(took me 6 hours!).[/b]
Thats real nice of you to do all that pokerstove stuff for your dad. I dont know if there is much to discuss with the 99 part of the hand since everyone here knows you are WA/WB on that flop so they wouldnt bet.

The reason you didn't get any responses is because that post is confusing as hell and I'm sure just like me, others have no clue what you are getting at. You don't need stove ranges (not really sure why those are there either really because it makes no sense given the situation) to be able to explain to someone that they shouldn't be betting with 99 on a KJx board in a 5 way pot. The fact that we are confused and we know what pokerstove, etc are, probably means your dads head exploded. Sorry if this comes off dickish but if you are going to call us out for not responding to your post then you should know that it is because the post didn't really make much sense.

i can't believe you posted the same hand THREE DIFFERENT TIMES.PS that bet if you are CO is probably the worst bet ever.PS2. That pokerstove crap is so unnecessary for this handPS3. I want one of these.
Just wanted to point out this was awesome.

Also, you mention several times safe turns, unsafe turns, blanks, extracting value when honestly if he is betting 99 on that board, he is going to have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

runbadatlife.jpgHaven't used this program before but this pretty much confirms I'm running bad, right? All at 25nl and 50nl.Does anyone know how to check my nonshowdown winnings?At what point does one become Cwik'd?
Check the hands where you're all in, also known as the luck graphs I think, to see how much you're truly down in equity. I don't think Sklansky Bucks and Showdown winnings are indicative of that and can be more an indicator of how you play. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Ack, I need one more day at 100 points as well. I went to check to see if it told me this also, but they system is down. Hope they fix it!Also, Teddy you're hilarious :)Mark

My month:November.jpgWhee best month ever, 2k+ and another 800+ in rakeback/bonuses. Started the month at 25nl, made the move up to 50nl which was successful except the last session. I think I improved a ton this month which is mainly due to talking poker with a variety of people, reviewing sessions, watching videos, and usually not tilting while playing. Reading the Challenge Thread helped as well. Goals for next month are probably just get better and grind 50nl. Gl everyone3 papers due this week and exams starting, shoot me in the face.

Whee best month ever, 2k+ and another 800+ in rakeback/bonuses. Started the month at 25nl, made the move up to 50nl which was successful except the last session. I think I improved a ton this month which is mainly due to talking poker with a variety of people, reviewing sessions, watching videos, and usually not tilting while playing. Reading the Challenge Thread helped as well. Goals for next month are probably just get better and grind 50nl. Gl everyone3 papers due this week and exams starting, shoot me in the face.
Very nice job. Impressive. Nice grinding too.
I go for a C/R on this river almost every time
I was in position in that first hand
When you only have the exact amount of days left to qualify it will say unable to qualify until you meet the required amount for that day so say for example you need 8 more days of 100 points and there are only 8 days left in the month, it will say unable to qualify until you get 100 points that day, then it will go back to saying 7 days to qualify. So just get your 100 points today and it will tell you that you qualified :club:
Gl everyone3 papers due this week and exams starting, shoot me in the face.
Like I said over AIM, pure awesomesauce GL with the exams
Got this from 2+2.......Tre and Lobsta!!!http://www.tableratings.com/topwinners.php...ame=month&=
Looks like a crazy connection between higher amount of hands played and lower BB/100. And clearly it has to do with amounts of tables played, but if you're looking at the dollar amounts made, almost looks like playing crazy volume doesn't help anyone.