• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Holy monstrous preflop raise. I'm not a fan of the preflop tbh, committing that much of your stack with a hand you need some room to play with postflop. Although I like your shove on that turn card, and it's a card I'd bet strong with air often, if I'm villain I'm snap calling. The reason being that he is getting like 2.8:1 and it's a great card for someone to bluff, so I generally snapcall that card.
yeah, any good player would, but these guys just don't get it. I wish I could get away w/ less preflop, but if I raise less I get 3+ callers every single time. At this specific table I start my raises at 5x and add 1 per limper, but w/ the stradle I start at 6x and add 2 for each limper. Unfortunately its the only way I can get the pot heads-up, and with how badly they play big pots OOP I'm able to get away with it. His raise from the straddle would be the same if it limped around, this way I'm in control. Not a play I make all the time by any means, but it was interesting how this hand plays out. I think against this specific villian it also sets up future plays and turns him into even more of a station against me, which is never bad.

In the past 72 hours, I've dropped 8.1k in tournament buyins, 14k at LHE, and 1k at NLHE cash. Not a good run...rather destructive of my month in fact...and maybe my worst run ever.

In the past 72 hours, I've dropped 8.1k in tournament buyins, 14k at LHE, and 1k at NLHE cash. Not a good run...rather destructive of my month in fact...and maybe my worst run ever.
In terms of money probably, but I remember ages ago you went 36 tournaments without cashing.
This graph would be worth seeing for anybody who plays against you. Thats sick though. You know how to play the poker.
If the quality of his opponents on the one video he made are anything to go by, the people he plays against would be totaly incapable of gaining anything from that graph.
If the quality of his opponents on the one video he made are anything to go by, the people he plays against would be totaly incapable of gaining anything from that graph.
I missed the video. When did he make it? I'll go back in this thread and try to find it.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Hero ($13.65)SB ($10)BB ($12.80)UTG ($10)MP ($10.70)CO ($13.65)Preflop: Hero is Button with 9diamond.gif, Tdiamond.gif. UTG checks, 1 fold, CO calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, SB completes, BB checks.Flop: ($0.50) 8spade.gif, Aclub.gif, Jspade.gif(5 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, CO bets $0.5, Hero calls $0.50, SB calls $0.50, BB folds, UTG folds.Turn: ($2) 7heart.gif(3 players)SB checks, CO bets $0.6, Hero raises to $2.35, SB calls $2.35, CO calls $1.75.River: ($9.05) Adiamond.gif(3 players)SB checks, CO bets 9.05, Hero??SB is 20/10/1 CO is 31/1/1 Both over decent samples...

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Hero ($13.65)SB ($10)BB ($12.80)UTG ($10)MP ($10.70)CO ($13.65)Preflop: Hero is Button with 9diamond.gif, Tdiamond.gif. UTG checks, 1 fold, CO calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, SB completes, BB checks.Flop: ($0.50) 8spade.gif, Aclub.gif, Jspade.gif(5 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, CO bets $0.5, Hero calls $0.50, SB calls $0.50, BB folds, UTG folds.Turn: ($2) 7heart.gif(3 players)SB checks, CO bets $0.6, Hero raises to $2.35, SB calls $2.35, CO calls $1.75.River: ($9.05) Adiamond.gif(3 players)SB checks, CO bets 9.05, Hero??SB is 20/10/1 CO is 31/1/1 Both over decent samples...
Id like to see you raise on the button preflop there.... while Aces full are definitly in their range I cannot see folding.
Raise preflop almost every time.Your turn raise is a lot too small imo.River sucks, but I probably pay it off.
Id like to see you raise on the button preflop there.... while Aces full are definitly in their range I cannot see folding.
Ya, idk. I've been watching Bystmar's SSNL series on CR and he was advocating that it is ok to overlimp there behind a couple of limpers.
I like a raise or fold on the flop tbh. You have to discount your outs because of the flush draw. Turn raise size is fine. River you have to pay off because fish severely overvalue trips, especially when it's trip aces. He can easily have AQ/AK or some lesser A that he thinks is the nuts.
Sweet graph Acid.How do you get people to fold so much?
1. Raise any 2 reasonable, and sometimes 2 unreasonable cards preflop2. C-bet every flop against opponents who aren't c/ring me3. Fire 2 barrels against opponents who need a strong hand to call you down4. Fire 3 barrels against opponents who called your first two barrels but still know how to fold5. Raise almost every donk bet6. Shove on people when they are repping too narrow of a range7. Shove on people when they show weakness8. Shove on people when they show strength, but will interpret my shove as stronger and fold9. Shove on people when you think they have a draw, you have a weak hand (A high) but are still ahead of that draw, and you think they might fold10. Profit (not at showdown of course)
It seems that contrary to what other people do when they're running badly, you seem to be playing far more now than you were previously, which is counterintuitive and generally not a good idea imo.If you're running bad and you're losing whenever you've sat down, I would play less and even take a break from the game for a few days or a week or whatever.
This graph would be worth seeing for anybody who plays against you. Thats sick though. You know how to play the poker.
I can all but guarantee that my 99% of my selected opponents do not read poker forums and probably have never heard of PokerEV.
Ya, idk. I've been watching Bystmar's SSNL series on CR and he was advocating that it is ok to overlimp there behind a couple of limpers.
Meh, 9Ts OTB in that spot is farrrr too pretty looking to just limp with, I think at $10NL where I've found players are just so exploitable at check/folding when they miss you should take every oppurtunity to isolate.River is very very close, but I think against someone with those stats it's a fold, he's never bluffing here and I don't think he'd make that bet with just trips very often, + a full house is very very very easy for him to have.

King,I think most players autoship Aces up on the turn there, so I think you have to call the river. Preflop is OK, but I prefer a raise just to get into the habit of raising in that spot since your hand plays so well post flop and you want to be able to show up with trickier hands in that spot, instead of just very strong preflop hands.

If you raise the exact same range that your opponents are limping with, you will have identical ranges on the flop. You will have position, you will have the initiative, you will bet your hands better, you will make better folds than them, you will win with air, you will charge against draws better.It doesn't matter if you're playing a weak range against them, because they have an even weaker range, and you play better than them. Look to play raised pots in position with a wide range against limpers.It's too easy to lapse into the thought of "these guys never fold anything, so I'll wait to hit a hand and then get paid off". That is passive exploitation, and it usually results in you overplaying TPTK against a random two pair because you've waited for that long you don't want to fold. Active exploitation is far more profitable. They are never folding, so they rarely have better than ace high or bottom pair. You know what that means? You don't need TPTK+ to get value from them. Start value betting underpairs and middle pair. Flop of 832r and you have A2. He calls the flop? Great. Now bet the turn. Seriously, they will have KQ, A5, JT, 56, anything. Get value from your hand and protect it against his 6 outer. Stop checking behind and then being clueless on a Q river when they bet 1/2 pot. Fire the turn and check behind for a free showdown. You have nothing to fear against people who don't bluffraise the turn. If they raise you know they have it. If the flop is 442 with a flush draw and you have AK, bet a lot of turns in position. They will call the flop with any ace. They will call with hundreds of different flush draws. They won't raise the turn unless they catch big.I've lost count of how many times I've said this recently, but just bet more turns.
If you raise the exact same range that your opponents are limping with, you will have identical ranges on the flop. You will have position, you will have the initiative, you will bet your hands better, you will make better folds than them, you will win with air, you will charge against draws better.
I really like this paragraph

Weeeeee.... just spent waaaay too much time catching up on this thread.Acid - You sir are a sick individual.Jordan - congrats!Mark - please come back to town and earn lots of rakeback in the afternoonsI'm sure I'm leaving out lots of other stuff, but oh wellz. Haven't really played poker in the past 2 weeks or so, needed a break to take care of some life stuff, plus re-evaluating my game after playing like a **** at the beginning of the month, studying, etc. Probably will be back at it again this week (but for sure the week after).I'm gonna start Camtasia-ing my sessions (just for me), and doing them like CR videos - basically talking out my thought process, etc, and then reviewing them afterwards, as sometimes I make -ev decisions because I don't think them out clearly, am too quick to act sometimes, and just overall don't have a good plan for the entire hand. And this is the only way I can figure out to force myself to do all of these things consistently every hand. Does anyone think that is a good idea/has anyone tried that just for themselves?oh, and I want my graph for the next 600 days to look like this - just pulled from BBV - http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=237283 :club: