New Challenge (old Challenge)

How many people hate Mark? Seriously. I come in this thread everyday with malice and jealousy waiting to smile at a negative day. And everyday I leave angrier.Seriously though, great run you got going, it's way more than a good run of cards.

• Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

How many people hate Mark? Seriously. I come in this thread everyday with malice and jealousy waiting to smile at a negative day. And everyday I leave angrier.Seriously though, great run you got going, it's way more than a good run of cards.
exactly what you said, although, at this point i almost take a little pride in his results (it's a weird thing, like some crazy month long rail)well i'm up $500 since this started, so i can't be too bitter. it's not like i lose that every weekend playing chinese.

Well, I am going to do this as well, just on a little smaller of a scale. I am starting at $25 NL on Stars, and have set aside $300 to work with. I am going to run with this until the end of the month, and then reevaluate.So, just to be clear, I:1) Make nuts, bet/call.2) On a draw, hit the draw if called, have villain fold if I am going to miss.3) Fold otherwise.Did I miss anything?Seriously though, this should be a nice change up. Am looking forward to it.Cheers.

Mission Accomplished. The Challenge started on Feb. 17 and I gave myself the goal to profit 50k playing my normal games by the end of March. Today I passed the 50k mark. I probably should have accomplished the goal earlier, but I've been pretty lazy this month when it comes to playing cash hands. I ended Feb. with a total of $31,433.25. PT screenshots for those 2 weeks are on page 14 I believe....Here are my screenshots from this month:NLHE: I only played a few hands of 10/20; when I saw a HUUUUGE fish playing late one night. Luckily my hands held v him. :club: Other than that nothing too exciting. For some reason my VPIP stats are nittier than usual.50knlhexy0.jpgPLO: I bared played omaha this month. Tonight I was bored on Bodog and looked for a hu PLO game and there was only 1 guy and he was sitting 2/4 so I sat. He was literally the worst hu player imagineable. He basically check/folded 75% of the time and when he did have a hand he always bet with the most obvious lines possible...definitely the best type of opponent to play against hu. Anyway, he tilted and challenged me to 5/10 so I accepted and skinned him for 3 buyins. Those #s aren't here but they are reflected in the total profit #.Lol, most of my non-Bodog profit from PLO this month is from $50 flipaments...TY GRINDER! (I won't count those profits for the challenge)50kplo1ul4.jpg50kplo2rw9.jpgSo the final tally is: $31,433 from 2 weeks in Feb. + $13,233.85 NLHE this month+$575.95 PLO this month (not including flipament wins) + $3800 bodog PLO this month + $3000ish bodog NLHE this month. So the approximate total profit for the challenge is $52,042.80. (Bodog #s might be off by a hundred bucks or so)This was definitely fun, and I think we should do something like this after the WSOP. I'm gonna be hitting up the live circuit a little bit for the next few months but we should definitely get another challenge going...

prahlad friedman stylez plus highlights.Thats pretty much been it for me... :)Mark
FYP, luckbox. some of us rely on 30 dollar LHE, LO8, and PLO8 tourneys to survive, you know. because some of us hate NLHE.and LHE too. i somehow lost 40BB at 4/8 LHE in my first day in vegas, lolllz. this is made more amazing by the fact that i started up 25BB but less amazing by the fact that i haven't slept in 48 hrs. w00t. thank god i decided to drink some beers and fool around the first night cuz i was so fucking tired. that would have hurt at higher limits.also, teach me NLHE, i'm convinced after reading this thread about how it's free mobneys. LO8 and LHE are SO MUCH WORK. but first you have to make me like playing it, though. in return i will teach you how to not suck at all other forms of pokah. :club:
FYP, luckbox. some of us rely on 30 dollar LHE, LO8, and PLO8 tourneys to survive, you know. because some of us hate NLHE.and LHE too. i somehow lost 40BB at 4/8 LHE in my first day in vegas, lolllz. this is made more amazing by the fact that i started up 25BB but less amazing by the fact that i haven't slept in 48 hrs. w00t. thank god i decided to drink some beers and fool around the first night cuz i was so fucking tired. that would have hurt at higher limits.also, teach me NLHE, i'm convinced after reading this thread about how it's free mobneys. LO8 and LHE are SO MUCH WORK. but first you have to make me like playing it, though. in return i will teach you how to not suck at all other forms of pokah. :club:
How is LHE so much work? It's some basic math.
How is LHE so much work? It's some basic math.
no.well, at very, very low limits, maybe. but if you're playing competent players, LHE is a lotlotlot of thinking, and a ton of metagame stuff. more than NLHE? i don't know, i don't play NLHE regularly anymore, but i used to beat 5/10 NLHE with a lot more ease than i can beat even like 10/20 LHE now.
no.well, at very, very low limits, maybe. but if you're playing competent players, LHE is a lotlotlot of thinking, and a ton of metagame stuff. more than NLHE? i don't know, i don't play NLHE regularly anymore, but i used to beat 5/10 NLHE with a lot more ease than i can beat even like 10/20 LHE now.
Play the $2-$20 hu sngs on ftp.Work on raising any 2 on the button, c-betting most flops, and reading the other players in tough situations.I will not give any more special advice away!Anybody else feel free to use this advice.Thank me after you notice much improvement! :D:D:D:D:club:
Well, I am going to do this as well, just on a little smaller of a scale. I am starting at $25 NL on Stars, and have set aside $300 to work with. I am going to run with this until the end of the month, and then reevaluate.So, just to be clear, I:1) Make nuts, bet/call.2) On a draw, hit the draw if called, have villain fold if I am going to miss.3) Fold otherwise.Did I miss anything?
Nope, thats about it. Oh also, when player's make insanely horrible overbet shoves, be able to pick them off. Here's an example hand from yesterday on the hitting your draws part and the picking off donkey shoves part.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $6 BB (3 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)BB ($291)Button ($1872.35)NoSup4u ($723.25)Preflop: NoSup4u is SB with A :) , T :icon_dance: . 1 fold, NoSup4u raises to $21, BB raises to $36, NoSup4u calls $15.Flop: ($72) 5 :club: , J :icon_dance: , 9 :icon_dance:(2 players)NoSup4u checks, BB bets $30, NoSup4u raises to $90, BB calls $60.Turn: ($252) 2 :icon_dance:(2 players)NoSup4u bets $75, BB raises to $150, NoSup4u raises to $225, BB calls $15 (All-In).River: ($642) T :D(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: $642Results in white below: BB has Kd Kh (one pair, kings). NoSup4u has Ac Tc (flush, ace high). Outcome: NoSup4u wins $642. And...PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $6 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)NoSup4u ($601.25)MP ($735.40)CO ($277.90)Button ($603.40)BigDonkey ($836.65)BB ($563.55)Preflop: NoSup4u is UTG with A :D , A :icon_dance: . NoSup4u raises to $24, 3 folds, BigDonkey calls $21, 1 fold.Flop: ($54) K :D , J :icon_dance: , 7 :D(2 players)BigDonkey bets $42, NoSup4u raises to $120, BigDonkey calls $78.Turn: ($294) J :)(2 players)BigDonkey bets $692.65 (All-In), NoSup4u calls $457.25 (All-In).River: ($1443.90) A :)(2 players, 2 all-in)Final Pot: $1443.90Results in white below: BigDonkey has Ts Kc (two pair, kings and jacks). NoSup4u has Ad Ac (full house, aces full of jacks). Outcome: NoSup4u wins $1208.50. BigDonkey wins $235.40. Mark
Mission Accomplished. The Challenge started on Feb. 17 and I gave myself the goal to profit 50k playing my normal games by the end of March. Today I passed the 50k mark.
Congrats Hoosier, thats really awesome. I'm definitely in for the next challenge after the WSOP. Maybe by then I'll be able to up my stakes to 5/10NL and try and replicate what you did here. So impressive man!Mark
also, teach me NLHE, i'm convinced after reading this thread about how it's free mobneys. LO8 and LHE are SO MUCH WORK. but first you have to make me like playing it, though. in return i will teach you how to not suck at all other forms of pokah. :club:
Anytime pretty boy. Getting you to like NLHE will be about as easy as teaching me to play 27td. (ie, impossible :D )One more week till I'm in Chicago! Hope you're planning on coming out for da pokah with wax120 and me! I'll post a thread next week and see if we can round up some FCPers.Mark
Anytime pretty boy. Getting you to like NLHE will be about as easy as teaching me to play 27td. (ie, impossible :club: )
I used to play LHE too but I switched to NLHE because it's SO easy. :D
I used to play LHE too but I switched to NLHE because it's SO easy. :club:
You only say that because you one tabled last night for 30 mins and quadrupled up.... :D You run well much?Mark.

OK, here's how this plays out for me, and I'm not really kidding. Can you teach me how to get your result? How do you convince people to 1) not suck out on you, and 2) pay you off when you do hit. Cuz neither of those has happened to me for about 3 weeks.The hblask version:Preflop: hblask is SB with A :icon_dance: , T :icon_dance: . 1 fold, hblask raises to $21, BB raises to $36, hblask calls $15.Flop: ($72) 5 :club: , J :icon_dance: , 9 :icon_dance:(2 players)hblask checks, BB bets $30, hblask raises to $90, BB calls $60.Turn: ($252) 2 :D(2 players)hblask checks, BB raises to $150, hblask ????, BB calls $15 (All-In).River: ($642) T :D(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: $642BB has Kd Kh (one pair, kings). hblask has Ac Tc (one pair tens). Outcome: hblask loses a bunch, depending on whether I bet/call/fold the turnAnd...Preflop: hblask is UTG with A :D , A :icon_dance: . hblask raises to $24, 3 folds, BigDonkey calls $21, 1 fold.Flop: ($54) K :) , J :icon_dance: , 7 :D(2 players)BigDonkey bets $42, hblask raises to $120, BigDonkey calls $78.Turn: ($294) J :)(2 players)BigDonkey bets $692.65 (All-In),hblask calls $457.25 (All-In).River: ($1443.90) 3 :)(2 players, 2 all-in)Final Pot: $1443.90BigDonkey has Ks Kc (three of a kind, kings). hblask has Ad Ac (two pair, aces and jacks). Outcome: hblask loses his shorts again. BigDonkey wins $1443.90

Mission Accomplished. The Challenge started on Feb. 17 and I gave myself the goal to profit 50k playing my normal games by the end of March. Today I passed the 50k mark. I probably should have accomplished the goal earlier, but I've been pretty lazy this month when it comes to playing cash hands.
Congrats. 'tears rolling down my cheeks as I'm working' U and Mark are sooo good. jealous, so jealous.
Congrats. 'tears rolling down my cheeks as I'm working' U are sooo good and Mark is such a luckbox. jealous, so jealous.
FYPMark
Such a swingy swingy night. Been playing for 3 hours, was -400 quick, then grinded four tables and have eeked a small profit of like 65 bucks. Just one of those days I guess.
Edit: Someone recently asked why I was doing the Challenge since I was really killing my hourly, so at about 2 am last night, sat at 10/20 SH PLO and ran up my shortbuy to +1400. So I played for about 6 hours total, including the Challenge hands I put in and won about 1500.
Edit: Someone recently asked why I was doing the Challenge since I was really killing my hourly, so at about 2 am last night, sat at 10/20 SH PLO and ran up my shortbuy to +1400. So I played for about 6 hours total, including the Challenge hands I put in and won about 1500.
Woot! Thats a good way to get rolling :)Mark

Mark, if you're coming to town this weekend and looking to play a donkament, the HPT (Heartland Poker Tour) is at a Majestic(I think) and has the $2500 main event next Saturday.

Mark, if you're coming to town this weekend and looking to play a donkament, the HPT (Heartland Poker Tour) is at a Majestic(I think) and has the $2500 main event next Saturday.
yeah I heard. Its tempting, but I suck at tourneys. I am VERY excited about all the donkament players that will be in the cash games though. VERY excited. I plan on heading up to Potawatami to meet up with Whatarunaa one of the nights, but the rest of the time I will hit up the Majestic. (is that the Majestic II that the tourney is at, just outside of Chicago?)If you're interested and around, we should get a home game of FCPers together one night. I'm staying with wax120, and I'm sure checkymcfold and Vick12 are in. I'd love to meet some FCPers I haven't yet in the area.Mark
] (is that the Majestic II that the tourney is at, just outside of Chicago?)If you're interested and around, we should get a home game of FCPers together one night. I'm staying with wax120, and I'm sure checkymcfold and Vick12 are in. I'd love to meet some FCPers I haven't yet in the area.Mark
Yea I think....I don't really ever go to the boats.I'm probably going to play the Main Event, and hang around for the cash games after I busto. Usually the cash game selection on the boat is HORRIBLE, with the biggest game often being 5/10 $500 max, or 30/60 lhe(bleh) so I just stopped going. I've heard on weekends they spread a 10/25nl no cap, so I will definitely be playing that. Idk what my schedule is like, but if you get a home game together let me know.

Sigh. I'm taking a few days off and going to Laughlin. Ran horribly tonight again. I won't get into specific hands. I didn't play great either. Having someone hit gutties on me when I flop top 2 really makes me play bad too.We'll see how it goes when I get back but I'm not putting pressure to play tons of hours anymore.Oh, and I hate Mark and Jon.