Free Pizza?

So last night, my roommate and I decided to order pizza. Mmm. I called up Pizza Hut (nothing but!) and ordered a large Supreme, and a large Canadian. 35 minutes or so later, and the delivery guy knocks on the door. My heart beat skipped a little faster in excitement, as I hurried to the door clinging to the $30, sure that I wouldn't lose the money before I could hand it over and claim my prize.The delivery guy took my money, then reached into his warm pizza delivery bag, and started pulling out pizzas. 1-2-3-4 I counted. Me: "What the?"Him: " We ran out of large pizzas, so we gave you 4 mediums instead."Me: "Wow, that's pretty sweet!"Him: "Yep. Enjoy."So that was all pretty exciting for me. I am wondering though...how can a pizza place "run out" of large pizzas? I mean don't they make their own dough? Or does Pizza Hut order their pizzas from the main Pizza Hut supplier, and then cook them?

So last night, my roommate and I decided to order pizza. Mmm. I called up Pizza Hut (nothing but!) and ordered a large Supreme, and a large Canadian. 35 minutes or so later, and the delivery guy knocks on the door. My heart beat skipped a little faster in excitement, as I hurried to the door clinging to the $30, sure that I wouldn't lose the money before I could hand it over and claim my prize.The delivery guy took my money, then reached into his warm pizza delivery bag, and started pulling out pizzas. 1-2-3-4 I counted. Me: "What the?"Him: " We ran out of large pizzas, so we gave you 4 mediums instead."Me: "Wow, that's pretty sweet!"Him: "Yep. Enjoy."So that was all pretty exciting for me. I am wondering though...how can a pizza place "run out" of large pizzas? I mean don't they make their own dough? Or does Pizza Hut order their pizzas from the main Pizza Hut supplier, and then cook them?
I worked at a pizza place and here was our procedure for making crusts: I made a big bunch of dough in the morning. Then I formed and par-baked a certain number of deep dish and "hand tossed" crusts so they were ready for toppings. We left some dough aside for the thin crusts which were prepared as they were ordered. My ex-husband worked for Dominos at the time I worked at this smaller chain joint, and they made each to order if I recall, but they didn't have a deep dish crust. Their hand tossed is a fairly thin crust, too. The par-baking in advance is to speed the baking of the pizza once the toppings are applied so it can go out for delivery faster. I hated that job with a passion, btw. It was almost the worst.job.ever.

The only job I ever had that I hated more than working in a pizza place was when I worked in a machine shop. Worst. Job. Ever.Put the parts on the machine. Run the machine. Take the parts off the machine. Repeat. 40 hours per week.*shudder*At least with the pizza place there were cute little college girls to play with in the walk-in cooler.

A friend of mine used to work at Pizza Hut.. they have the Deep dish and Thin crusts sent to them already made.

troyomac, do they have Boston's Pizza in Ontario?I worked at the first Boston's in the US, in Colorado. That job ruled, mostly because the GM was a cocky 24 year old, who only hired high school age cheerleaders as hostess'. He hired one token asian and one token dark skinned person, and referred to them both as "token". The owner was awesome, and I still consider it one of my favorite college jobs.

A friend of mine used to work at Pizza Hut.. they have the Deep dish and Thin crusts sent to them already made.
That seems so wrong for something so tasty! I love their deep dish pizza. Oh and my worst.job.ever. was telemarketing. I lasted 3 days before I had to quit that place.
That seems so wrong for something so tasty! I love their deep dish pizza. Oh and my worst.job.ever. was telemarketing. I lasted 3 days before I had to quit that place.
I once did that for 4 days. Got you beat!!
troyomac, do they have Boston's Pizza in Ontario?I worked at the first Boston's in the US, in Colorado. That job ruled, mostly because the GM was a cocky 24 year old, who only hired high school age cheerleaders as hostess'. He hired one token asian and one token dark skinned person, and referred to them both as "token". The owner was awesome, and I still consider it one of my favorite college jobs.
There's a Boston's Pizza in Sudbury.I like the Meateor........mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Oh and my worst.job.ever. was telemarketing. I lasted 3 days before I had to quit that place.
Never worked in telemarketing, never worked in fast food. Thankfully. I interviewed for what I was told during the phone interview was an engineering position once, the interview went like this:Interviewer - "So in this position, your main responsibility will be calling potential customers from a list and discussing their needs for our products. Me - "So, basically, I was lied to in the phone interview when I explicitly asked if this was a telemarketing position?"Interviewer - "Well, no...you see, we don't refer to our Strategic Technical Sales positions as "telemarketing". Me - "You want me to cold-call potential customers and attempt to sell them products that they didn't previously have any expressed interest in...correct?"Interviewer - "Yes, that's right, would that be something you're interested it?"Me - "Have a good day."To this day, that remains the only interview I've ever walked out on.
Never worked in telemarketing, never worked in fast food. Thankfully. I interviewed for what I was told during the phone interview was an engineering position once, the interview went like this:Interviewer - "So in this position, your main responsibility will be calling potential customers from a list and discussing their needs for our products. Me - "So, basically, I was lied to in the phone interview when I explicitly asked if this was a telemarketing position?"Interviewer - "Well, no...you see, we don't refer to our Strategic Technical Sales positions as "telemarketing". Me - "You want me to cold-call potential customers and attempt to sell them products that they didn't previously have any expressed interest in...correct?"Interviewer - "Yes, that's right, would that be something you're interested it?"Me - "Have a good day."To this day, that remains the only interview I've ever walked out on.
That was a very good decision on your part.
pizza.gif:club:
Well, go get one and bring it here. I'm only 4-5 hours away. Better yet, send it with your hot wife.
yes there is. in fact, I was watching tv yesterday morning and recognized the VP of Boston Pizza doing a promo for heart shaped pizzas. he used to be my direct report when I was a territory manager for a coffee company.
Yeah we do, only here it's just called Boston Pizza without the " 's "DM, the meateor is ok, but I prefer the clubhouse. Sooooooooooo good.Right now there are a couple Boston Pizza's about 40 minutes away...but they are building one as we speak in my town..can't wait!