Barack Obama Running For 2008 Presidency

Just thought id post this as Daniel seems to really like this guy. it was posted on CNN about 20 minutes ago. From what ive heard (even though i dont care about american politics) he seems like a good choice.Barack Obama CNN Article

I dont see anyone beating this guy. But im from his home turf so the media is prolly a little biased by me. I wonder how the south will react to a black canidate though and a woman canidate for that matter. Should be an interesting presidential race for a change. 3 good canidates imo in Clinton, Obama, and Giulini (sp?)

I dont see anyone beating this guy. But im from his home turf so the media is prolly a little biased by me. I wonder how the south will react to a black canidate though and a woman canidate for that matter. Should be an interesting prsidential race for a change. 3 good canidates imo in Clinton, Obama, and Giulini (sp?)
hillary clinton has the best chance out of any woman who has ever run at getting it. that saying, i dont thikn shell get elected, women will have a hard time being elected president. same with a black man, but if there was to be one, it woudl be barack
hillary clinton has the best chance out of any woman who has ever run at getting it. that saying, i dont thikn shell get elected, women will have a hard time being elected president. same with a black man, but if there was to be one, it woudl be barack
I completely agree. Like I said should be very interesting to watch.

In my opinion, by his viewpoints, he's the best man for the job. That being said, I dunno if him or Hillary are the best nominee for the Democratic party, as I feel both of them will have all the hillbillies from the south come out of the woodworks to vote against them both. Just look how many more southerners than usual came out to vote for "the good ol boy from texas" last election rather than "that hippie anti-war guy". I'd imagine it being even worse to keep "the black man" or "the woman" from office. I hope it's Obama though, that all being said.

I think that allot of young people would vote for Obama, women too. Allot of conservatives and southeners would vote against him, so I think he could win, but it's more likely that he will get 42% of the votes or something, faced against a good GOP candidate like Guiliani or McCain.

In my opinion, by his viewpoints, he's the best man for the job. That being said, I dunno if him or Hillary are the best nominee for the Democratic party, as I feel both of them will have all the hillbillies from the south come out of the woodworks to vote against them both. Just look how many more southerners than usual came out to vote for "the good ol boy from texas" last election rather than "that hippie anti-war guy". I'd imagine it being even worse to keep "the black man" or "the woman" from office. I hope it's Obama though, that all being said.
Red vs. BlueCan you really make a true southern red state more red? It isn't like the south will ever go blue, regardless of the race or gender of the candidate. The republicans have lost so much ground, even the most diehard racists and rednecks won't be able to get enough cousins/sisters/wives to make up the difference. As far as anyone on the fence, Obama isn't your typical black candidate like there's been in the past. He's not Jesse Jackson or Sharpton, who always seem to be able to divide. He's a candidate that happens to be black, not a black candidate.

hope obama wins. itll be like david palmer from 24. in fact he looks and acts quite a lot like him. all you guys gotta do now is make sure no bullshhit sherry palmer pops up.also, i think a black president will do a lot of good for your country. all the best with it

Red vs. BlueCan you really make a true southern red state more red? It isn't like the south will ever go blue, regardless of the race or gender of the candidate. The republicans have lost so much ground, even the most diehard racists and rednecks won't be able to get enough cousins/sisters/wives to make up the difference. As far as anyone on the fence, Obama isn't your typical black candidate like there's been in the past. He's not Jesse Jackson or Sharpton, who always seem to be able to divide. He's a candidate that happens to be black, not a black candidate.
The numbers showed that far more people, percent-wise, came out to vote from the southern states in the Bush/Kerry election and it was mostly due to a big contengency of people who thought of him as, like i said, a hippe anti-war activist. I'm not saying the southern states will ever turn blue, but fewer will go to the polls to keep the "black man" out of the white house in the swing states that actually matter, IMO. We all know that with the electoral college the presidency is decided by really about 10-15 states. The others are already locked up one way or another.
I think there is alot of people that wouldnt differentiate here.
Just thought id post this as Daniel seems to really like this guy. it was posted on CNN about 20 minutes ago. From what ive heard (even though i dont care about american politics) he seems like a good choice.Barack Obama CNN Article
Yeah, he's a good choice if you want someone in the presidency with absolutely no government management experience at all. How someone who has only been a senator for two years think they should be president is beyond me. I would prefer Hilary over him and I can't stand the Clintons or anything they stand for.
[/b]I think there is alot of people that wouldnt differentiate here.
I'm trying to say, those people really don't matter. With no popular vote it doesn't matter if 40% of mississippi turns out, or 95%. Those votes are already in the bag and counted.
I'm trying to say, those people really don't matter. With no popular vote it doesn't matter if 40% of mississippi turns out, or 95%. Those votes are already in the bag and counted.
I get your point. All im saying is that it may come into the decicion making process for more people then u think in more states then u think.

i dont know about the whole "hillbillies wont for vote for a black". i live in tennessee and this years senate electionw as between bob corker, and harold ford (black) to replace bill frist. i thought the same thing ..that a blackman would enver win the south until i saw the results. it was almost 50/50 giving corker the win by a shockinglyh narrow margin. I do think barack ahs a chance in the south but its still very early to tell. as for hillary, there is no chance in hell she will be our next president. She has nothing oging for her and the only votes she wil get are from feminists who want to see the first woman president, i cant even imagine her getting past the primaries. as for my prediction: Being a former new yorker and witnessing waht rudy did for the city i would bet that rudy guiliani wins the presidency IF he gets past the primary.

By the way, MUCK FIZZOU TODAY!!!!!!!!!!! :club::D:D
i dont know about the whole "hillbillies wont for vote for a black". i live in tennessee and this years senate electionw as between bob corker, and harold ford (black) to replace bill frist. i thought the same thing ..that a blackman would enver win the south until i saw the results. it was almost 50/50 giving corker the win by a shockinglyh narrow margin. I do think barack ahs a chance in the south but its still very early to tell. as for hillary, there is no chance in hell she will be our next president. She has nothing oging for her and the only votes she wil get are from feminists who want to see the first woman president, i cant even imagine her getting past the primaries. as for my prediction: Being a former new yorker and witnessing waht rudy did for the city i would bet that rudy guiliani wins the presidency IF he gets past the primary.
Listening to the talk shows on MSNBC and Fox there are a lot of republicans high up in the organization (sorry, the only name I remember is **** Morris who I know is not involved in politics right now but is very knowledgeable) who have been saying that she WILL be the next president and they are prepairing for that eventuality.

With both Hillary and Obama, the problem isn't that he's black or she's a woman. The problem is that they're both from Congress and have a record. Take a look at history. When's the last time a legislator was elected President? Hasn't been since Kennedy (the first Catholic president). Like Kennedy, if either can overcome being a legislator and having their record attacked, overcoming race/gender will be cake.erac

Listening to the talk shows on MSNBC and Fox there are a lot of republicans high up in the organization (sorry, the only name I remember is **** Morris who I know is not involved in politics right now but is very knowledgeable) who have been saying that she WILL be the next president and they are prepairing for that eventuality.
Morris isn't a "republican high up in the organization". He's a political and campaign consultant. He has worked for Democrats and Republicans. He has also worked on foreign political campaigns. He goes with whomever offers him big money. He'll flip flop on a dime for whoever has a dollar. Last few years he has been hanging with republicans more. I do agree with him that Hillary has the best chance at getting the Democratic nomination. The Clintons are campaign genius' and so are the people that work for them. Too bad Hunter Thompson is gone, it's going to be a campaign of the sick and twisted kind (democrats and republicans).
Why did they * out Zack here?