**official Mma Thread**

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

All I know about her is that ass weigh in pic and that face off with Rousey dress. I'm in so far. Never said hot, just s fun looking body.

An actual conversation I had today at the gym with a tard who started banging 7 months ago.

Tard: (Glover) Teixeira is a goof. I could totally beat him.

Me: Haha, yeah..

Tard: Seriously, he telegraphs his punches, look at his last two fights. He doesn't even belong in the UFC.

Me: So, you think you do?

Tard: Maybe not the UFC but I could beat him. HE LOST HIS LAST TWO FIGHTS.

Me: His last two fights were to Jon Jones and Phil Davis.

Tard: Yeah well it showed his weaknesses. I'd just fake a shoot then come in with an overhand right, then get distance, then repeat.

20 minutes later, he hard spars with a middleweight two puts him on his ass- two consecutive times- with leg kicks. They were the only two strikes he threw. Two leg kicks, two knockdowns. Tard then quits and hits the bag. Fighter delusion can be amazing...

Just watched re-run of the ufc Brazil fight night.

I was interested to see the Koscheck fight because I read that he got finished at the end of the first, but fought really well up to that point. Well that was all bullshit. He got hit a few times and was out on his feet for about 2 minutes. Yeah he was energetic and pressing forward, but that means nothing. He maybe got one shot in the first 30 seconds then he got his ass beat. I like Koscheck, I always have, but he is done he can't take a punch.

OK, I'm going to keep replying to this thread because I like talking MMA.Fabricio Werdum is fighting Andre Arlovsky at UFC 70. That's going to be a great match. Cro Cop vs. Gabriel Gonzaga in the main event.

Lol just saw this on the first page of this thread. Is the ufc trolling us with Cro Cop vs Gonzaga again?

Welcome to the dark side. I knew you'd come around.

Still don't think its the UFC's fault. With Dillashaw and Barao on the card it was decent. They could have shifted Weidman/Belfort to this, but it is too late. If they did that both ufc 186 and 187 would be fine.

I will agree that some of the fight night cards have been awful though. The last Rousey ppv was also a good example of a shit card, but ppv buys were through the roof

Cyborg!

Looks like there won't be any consideration for her to fight Rousey until next year though.

Ufc needs to milk more from Rousey's teets before they give her a real fight.

The base rate for any number of WSOF fighters is $750.

Justin Gaethje: $60,000 (includes $30,000 win bonus)

Luis Palomino: $11,000

Teddy Holder: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)

Thiago Silva: $20,000

Timur Valiev: $18,000 (includes $9,000 win bonus)

Ed West: $2,500

Clifford Starks: $12,000 (includes $6,000 win bonus)

Jake Heun: $6,000

Jimmy Spicuzza: $4,000 (includes $2,000 win bonus)

Benny Madrid: $1,250

Joe Gigliotti: $2,000 (includes $1,000 win bonus)

Brendan Tierney: $1,500

Andres Ponce: $3,000 (includes $1,500 win bonus)

Juan Archuleta: $750

Dan Huber: $1,000

Israel Aquino: $750

Matthew Frincu: $1,500 (includes $750 win bonus)

Eric Regan: $750

Erik Villalobos: $2,000 (includes $1,000 win bonus)

Joe Madrid: $1,000

This is why the UFC remains in a position of total control. Because their nearest competitor is paying fighters $750. The global MMA talent pool is way, way greater than the value of commercial MMA as a product.

That is surprisingly low for a promotion of that size, but it get it.

How those guys live on that is beyond me. You take any damage and you're screwed. Plus they gotta pay their gym memberships, and trainers and classes, which seems more than $750 for a month.

... and wsof gives them maybe a fight or two a year.

Financially, the model makes sense. You're basically fighting for some token amount, but your foot is in the door, if you're great, you'll be noticed. If I were a great fighter toiling away in the county fair circuit and had that opportunity, I'd take it for free. Obviously, its not economically viable to be a losing undercard fighter in the WSOF... The good news is, if that's what you are, you won't be there very long.

All that said, it just seems like far too little a reward for a man who is getting into a cage and fighting another man for your entertainment and marketing. I can understand a movie extra making $110 or whatever but $750 for a cage fighter on an international broadcast, its a gyp.

Another reason why MMA has a hard time developing talent. Amateurs don't make money. They have to have a different job and don't have enough time to train

I've heard of a lot of guys that are well known in the ufc live at their gym. Half of the guys who train with Jackson/Winklejohn live at the gym

That gym needs to stay open and have revenue, so what do you think, they let the big prospects train for free in return for 10-15% and do work at the gym, clean up, front desk, lead classes?

They probably generate monthly revenue by the business men and fighter wannabes that want to know and train near the UFC guys, so they pay their $300 a month

They have a piece of all their fighters. When you have top-top guys in the stable, that could be a lot of money.

+ whatever they can add with classes from ABQ locals, etc, I'm sure they're doing OK.

We had a UFC cull from a few years ago at my old gym. He teaches and has pretty high level BJJ (I don't think he's a blackbelt but he could probably beat blackbelts). I know he doesn't make a lot of money.

Is Lamas a good spot? I feel like him beating Bermudez is a pretty great win. I'm not going to bet on this either way because I'm a Mendes fanboy and I don't like betting on big favorites, but seeing that Lamas beat Bermudez I think he might be a problem.

Also Lamas has only one loss in the ufc to Aldo. He has two WEC losses years ago, I just think that his resume is pretty good and that Aldo destroying him might be skewing the betting line a bit.

Surprised to see the fight is tomorrow at 1pm. I thought it was overseas, but it isn't.

Guess they don't want to compete with final four?

Go to a bar and sucker a drunk into bet during the 8pm replay

• Like 1