1978 Wsop Final Table

I guess Alto had some pretty bad luck at WSOP final tables (which he had made a few) and supposedly lead him in a downward spiral in his life.
what do you mean...like he owed people money, or he became a drug addict?

I've seen the WSOP final table that Stu Ungar wins on TV before. It is his 3rd title and is like 91/92 I think, it's outside if that helps. With regards to why ESPN doesn't show the real old school ones I'd imagine they didn't have the broadcast rights that far back.

Cool video, great throwback - Jimmy "the Greek" and smoking at the table, dealer having a chip tray and of course the Ardmore Girls.Thanks for posting that.
no problem,and to lordofelt im pretty sure thats 97 when unger wins his third
I've seen the WSOP final table that Stu Ungar wins on TV before. It is his 3rd title and is like 91/92 I think, it's outside if that helps. With regards to why ESPN doesn't show the real old school ones I'd imagine they didn't have the broadcast rights that far back.
'97edit: brunswick beat me to it
yeah im sure he's still one of the best today.I wonder why ESPN doesn't air the old WSOP's like this one, or i think it was 82 when unger won it, or 88,89 etc..
Ungar won 80 and 81, don't think ESPN can show those because they didn't do those. What really confuses me is the 87-92 WSOP, those are all done by ESPN but never shown on ESPN classic. Only 93-95, 97-98, 02-06 are shown.
Ungar won 80 and 81, don't think ESPN can show those because they didn't do those. What really confuses me is the 87-92 WSOP, those are all done by ESPN but never shown on ESPN classic. Only 93-95, 97-98, 02-06 are shown.
what years did the travel channel have it?
anybody that wants a good read should pick up One of a kind - The Stu Unger story, great read if you love poker or if you dont', the guy was a card freak.
anybody that wants a good read should pick up One of a kind - The Stu Unger story, great read if you love poker or if you dont', the guy was a card freak.
I've seen his movie "High Roller" is it about like that?

A couple of things I thought were interesting that really show how the game has evolved:At one point when it was 4-handed, Jimmy was talking about how the 2 chip leaders (Baldwin and Addington) wouldn't be making "any mistakes" by bluffing at pots. They were the leaders and would be playing really conservative until it was heads-up. That's a bit different from lots of big stacks bullying other players relentlessly.Another thing - when it was heads-up, the players would match stacks when calling by placing their chips next to the chips put out by their opponent. After this call was made, the chips stayed there between the players and Baldwin was allowed to touch them again to organize the stacks. I can't see this happening nowadays.

A couple of things I thought were interesting that really show how the game has evolved:At one point when it was 4-handed, Jimmy was talking about how the 2 chip leaders (Baldwin and Addington) wouldn't be making "any mistakes" by bluffing at pots. They were the leaders and would be playing really conservative until it was heads-up. That's a bit different from lots of big stacks bullying other players relentlessly.Another thing - when it was heads-up, the players would match stacks when calling by placing their chips next to the chips put out by their opponent. After this call was made, the chips stayed there between the players and Baldwin was allowed to touch them again to organize the stacks. I can't see this happening nowadays.
Mostly because most internet donks have never handled chips before.
yeah it really shows how security has changed.