Official Kchu Kachoo Tournament Thread

Congratulations to Sev for winning the KChu Kachoo Deepstack Tournament!Ray and Kevin...you guys suck :PResults:1. Sev (pez)2. Fred (fleung)3. Loren (owise1)4. Jeff (maxima)5. David (mercury)6. Jamie (checky)7. Matt (simulacra)8. Sam (n/a)Guys, it was a pleasure once again. Until next time...
Yo, sorry I couldn't make it Fred. I just saw in this thread that you wouldn't be online before the tourney, so you obv didn't get my email. Congrats on winning Sev, by the way...who are you? I don't recongize pez from the forums.Edit.. congrats Jamie on a nice 6th place finish Mr. I can insta fold top pair top kicker even though I called your flop bet, and hit my pair on the turn.
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the the loot guys sorry I couldn't give back more in the cash game but I really had to leave. Fred is a great host and anyone near Toronto that wants to play in a very friendly comfortable atmosphere I suggest you come out and play next time. Some very crazy hands I think the best was set on the flop, straight on the turn, and the boat on the river. Great bunch of guys, and good Canadian beer.

sorry guys, i pmed thread telling him how my car broke down the night before the event.. which sucked cuz i wanted 2 play so bad sorry guys but i go to mcmasters uni soo hope we can have something like this next time congrats pez

Who busted out the adorable little tard? he's still getting $20.
If little tard = checky then ME :)thanks for the kudos gents...it's much appreciated. next time I'll order the pizza sooner so we don't have 3 large pies for 5 guys. If anybody's in the area looking for cold slices send me a PM (I'm getting sick just looking at the left overs)
If little tard = checky then ME :)thanks for the kudos gents...it's much appreciated. next time I'll order the pizza sooner so we don't have 3 large pies for 5 guys. If anybody's in the area looking for cold slices send me a PM (I'm getting sick just looking at the left overs)
Hrm...Ship me a $10 rebate on Stars and I'll forgive you AND you can keep the cold slices.

That was a great time, very solid play all around.Most of you guys missed the 2/4 hand between checky and leung during our cash game. That was just sick, good intuition Fred.Fred your a great host.Maxima

Disclaimer: All of the following is my best recollection.This event was characterized by good/excellent play from everyone. Most of us found ourselves in situations where the “correct” play ended up resulting in losses. (except for the first big pot during the first hour…perhaps the other guys will offer their thoughts about this…). What made this especially exciting and/or interesting and/or heartbreaking, was that many of these hands provided above-average moments of drama, but only AFTER all the betting was completed. Example #1: During the fifth level, I was getting short, raised pre-flop with QQ and got two callers, one of whom was the massive chip leader. The flop came Jxx and I made a sizeable bet. The chip leader re-raised, and I shoved. He had KK, the turn and river blanked, so gg me. Example #2: A few levels later, with three players left to act, a player (#1) in middle position (who was very short) shoved, and was called by the player (#2) immediately on his left (who had him covered with a medium-ish stack). The player (#3) to his left (who was covered by both of the other two players) also called:Player 1 – 22Player 2 – QQPlayer 3 – AKoA deuce was in the door, the turn and river blanked and player #1 took the pot.Example #3: Two players moved in before the flop. 1010 (#1) vs. A-paint (#2). The flop brought the third 10 and an inside straight draw for the other player. The straight hit on the turn. The board paired on the river and #1 won with the full house.There are more examples for sure…

The QQ vs AK vs 22 hand> We were all quite close together in stack size. I had Freddeh outchipped by only 1600, while Checky was a couple of K short of F's stack. Nasty hand...My QQ holds and I'm right where Freddeh ended up (near Pezeveng's monster stack...). NH, Fred! I shoved a hand later with K8s but got no help against Owise's Ax. GG, me. And this was right after I'd had AQ twice, one where I won the blinds, second time I folded to Fred's all-in (derrrr...was thinking he had AK).That Ax vs TT was nutty! Flopping the set, getting boinked by Ax hitting the str8 on the turn, but boating the river...Wow! Just like online!Playing with deepstack was tons of fun. Lots of play and plenty of variety in styles. I thnk there were times when I was waaaay to TAG and should have loosened up, but I'll try and keep you guys guessing for next time.Oh, and thanks again, Fred!

Example #2: A few levels later, with three players left to act, a player (#1) in middle position (who was very short) shoved, and was called by the player (#2) immediately on his left (who had him covered with a medium-ish stack). The player (#3) to his left (who was covered by both of the other two players) also called:Player 1 – 22Player 2 – QQPlayer 3 – AKoA deuce was in the door, the turn and river blanked and player #1 took the pot.
Player 1 was me and I was on the button...not midposition. I just stole two pots prior to this hand and was now medium-short. I probably wouldn't have made the push from earlier position but figured with the extra chips I could take down the blinds if they didn't have much and hopefully get a race if there was a call. As luck would have it I ran into AK and QQ but got lucky.
The QQ vs AK vs 22 hand> We were all quite close together in stack size. I had Freddeh outchipped by only 1600, while Checky was a couple of K short of F's stack. Nasty hand...My QQ holds and I'm right where Freddeh ended up (near Pezeveng's monster stack...). NH, Fred! I shoved a hand later with K8s but got no help against Owise's Ax. GG, me. And this was right after I'd had AQ twice, one where I won the blinds, second time I folded to Fred's all-in (derrrr...was thinking he had AK).That Ax vs TT was nutty! Flopping the set, getting boinked by Ax hitting the str8 on the turn, but boating the river...Wow! Just like online!Playing with deepstack was tons of fun. Lots of play and plenty of variety in styles. I thnk there were times when I was waaaay to TAG and should have loosened up, but I'll try and keep you guys guessing for next time.Oh, and thanks again, Fred!
FYI I don't think I ever had AK the entire session. TT was probably the best hand I held the entire tournament.Your tight image made me fold AQ preflop at a pretty important time...you showed TT after I mucked. It was a very close all-in / stop n go / fold. I counted out my chips and realized I'd still be in the tournament if I folded and put you on a bigger hand thinking you'd either move all-in or just call if you had TT or JJ.PS Thanks for dealing at the end. If I won I was planning to tip you out $20 but unfortunately for you I never win my own tournaments.