Daniels Superbowl Blog

Not exactly, because the media may put it on the shoulder of the QB when it wasn't his fault in the least. Say I'm a QB and play three straight Super Bowls. Have a decent game all three times, but the D sucks, my line doesn't protect me, the RB has a bad game, and my WR's drop a ton of balls. As QB I didn't screw up, but the media will focus on the fact that I, "Never won the big one."
I agree it is the whole team, and it is not all his fault. But look at how Manning looked in the first half of the pats game, I bet the colts in that game and I was cursing because he was rattled and playing poorly and when your star is not showing composure the rest of your team suffers and lose confidence. He looked defeated on the bench, but played better in the second half. Overall I think other years he's played bad, this year no he has'nt. I think defences win championships so I believe Manning will play good but the Bears D will offset that and it will boil down to Rexy and special teams IMO. But in sports its true that some people just don't deal with the pressure as well as others, and if Manning does'nt play lights out they dont win by 7 if win at all
Ah hem:Manning to Harrison 4 times (TD)Manning to Wayne 3 times (TD) Also, three FG's from Manning, 52, 44, and 37. Vinateri will hold with a cigarette and a beer in his left hand as the team is up by 30.
Do you remember last year when you were all about the Seahawks??? And we made a bet on the action points and I said the steelers had a lot of heart (in vegas I took them at I think 10$ action points)???? :club: its not just the sexy offences that win in the superbowl, in general when the nerves show up the offence plays worse for susceptible players but Defence uses that adrenalin and play better IMO.......
Do you remember last year when you were all about the Seahawks??? And we made a bet on the action points and I said the steelers had a lot of heart (in vegas I took them at I think 10$ action points)???? :club: its not just the sexy offences that win in the superbowl, in general when the nerves show up the offence plays worse for susceptible players but Defence uses that adrenalin and play better IMO.......
How DARE you argue with me??? I thought I already made it very clear, I am RIGHT and YOU are WRONG? Those are the FACTS, the unarguable FACTS!!!!

Daniel, just curious but how are all three of the games you mentioned 'goofy?' I really enjoyed the triple draw chapter you wrote for SS2. Have you changed your mind since the book came out?

Oh daniel. You should stick to poker. The Bears will NOT give up that many points. You also forgot about a guy named.. Devlin Hestlear? Devin Hester? Is that his name? Anyway, the colts special teams sucks. Hester will return at least one for a td. Everybody counted the bears out against the saints and look what happened. I don't think we need to tell DN about underestimating your opponent. The Bears will win, 27-23. Manning throws 3 picks, Indy turns the ball over 4 times, Hester returns at least one for a TD, Grossman throws 1 pick, Bears turn the ball over exactly once. Count it.
wow... well said, it only took 1 play.

Therrrrrrrre ya go.Turned out to be a very good game actually (edit: I should say entertaining, lots of funny stumbling moments)..sans the 4th 1/4. What the Heck was Chicago doing in those last 2 minutes???Can you say "HAIL MARY BABY!!!!" ?. Really weird that they didnt try to score a big one.oh well,,,grats on the bets Daniel, and anyone else who made some mobney. :club:

My buddy had a cash game going on during his superbowl party and while doing well in the game I also won 3 of my props...- Hester will return one for a score- Coin Toss: heads- Prince's opener in the montage would be Let's Go Crazy :club:

Weather sucked here in Miami....good game though. I was happy to see Peyton get the ring. Now nobody can put him in Marinos "Never won the Big One" group anymore. God Bless Tony Dungy also, with all he has gone through the last few years, he deserved it.

Oh daniel. You should stick to poker. The Bears will NOT give up that many points. You also forgot about a guy named.. Devlin Hestlear? Devin Hester? Is that his name? Anyway, the colts special teams sucks. Hester will return at least one for a td. Everybody counted the bears out against the saints and look what happened. I don't think we need to tell DN about underestimating your opponent. The Bears will win, 27-23. Manning throws 3 picks, Indy turns the ball over 4 times, Hester returns at least one for a TD, Grossman throws 1 pick, Bears turn the ball over exactly once. Count it.
That was actually pretty close, except for the Bears winning part. Well done.
Ah hem:Manning to Harrison 4 times (TD)Manning to Wayne 3 times (TD) Also, three FG's from Manning, 52, 44, and 37. Vinateri will hold with a cigarette and a beer in his left hand as the team is up by 30.
hahahaha.. Daniel, you are a funny funny man :club: