Flopped Trips, Played Weak?

Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $54.75UTG+1: $35.55CO: $57.60Hero: $60.15SB: $77.05BB: $56.65Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with K :club: J :D2 folds, CO raises to $2, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.Flop: 4 :D K :) K :D ($8, 4 players)SB checks, BB checks, CO checks, Hero bets $4, SB calls, 2 folds.Turn: 9 :) ($16, 2 players)SB bets $6.05, Hero calls.River: 7 :D ($28.1, 2 players)SB bets $9, Hero calls.Results:Final pot: $46.1original raiser was a donk....SB is a tag, i really wanted to raise but if i raise, am i ahead of anything calling me other than K10? Should i grow a pair and raise here? or is this ok?

A better way to post this would be to leave your action on the river blank and solicit advice from that point on. As it is, maybe you missed a chance to extract some chips in there, but calling on the end is certainly an acceptable play.

JJ, try raising the turn to $15 and see what happens. He will fold a hand that you have beat and will likely be slowed down if he has KQ/AK etc. A boat will probably push.

original raiser was a donk....SB is a tag, i really wanted to raise but if i raise, am i ahead of anything calling me other than K10? Should i grow a pair and raise here? or is this ok?
It's tough to lay down K trips. That said, K9h (or even K9off) would have you beat, and per your TAG description, I'd have to wonder about that big turn bet when the 9 hit, and the fact he didn't let up on the river.

I dont mind this at all. You are either way ahead or way behind and have taken advantage of your position to control this pot. Raising will not achieve much as there are not many hands that you beat that will call a raise so i dont see any value in it. Nice hand.

I dont mind this at all. You are either way ahead or way behind and have taken advantage of your position to control this pot. Raising will not achieve much as there are not many hands that you beat that will call a raise so i dont see any value in it. Nice hand.
yupBe glad you were in position for this kind of pot.
k, this is exactly my thinking/reasoning for playing this way.fwiw he showed down QQ at the end.
JJ, try raising the turn to $15 and see what happens. He will fold a hand that you have beat and will likely be slowed down if he has KQ/AK etc. A boat will probably push.
Whaa....??We are betting the river if he calls our turn raise, right? IMO you must bet the river if you make this raise, since you're now set up for a decent bet that doesn't bloat the pot. It doesn't make sense to raise the turn and check behind on the river (possibly in the senario a heart comes... maybe you check there).Also, at .25/.50 nl the turn raise you described is NOT 'slowing down' KQ/AK in that spot.
Also, at .25/.50 nl the turn raise you described is NOT 'slowing down' KQ/AK in that spot.
You're probably right in most cases, but sb has a strong TAG image in this hand. This is influencing your statment below..
Whaa....??We are betting the river if he calls our turn raise, right? IMO you must bet the river if you make this raise, since you're now set up for a decent bet that doesn't bloat the pot. It doesn't make sense to raise the turn and check behind on the river (possibly in the senario a heart comes... maybe you check there).
I'm fine with taking this pot down on the turn; a lot of rivers could make us very uncomfortable. If our turn raise is just called, betting the river is awfully close IMO. I know we'd do so against a LAG, but I think you have to give the SB credit for some strong holdings, but not necessarily strong in a TAG's mind to r/r your turn raise.