I was so hoping that the show would do something like they the season that Rupert was on. Everyone knew that he was the best Survivor ever and did a "viewer's choice" and gave him money too. They should have done that for Yau. For me, Rupert and Yau are two of the best Survivors ever.
I liked Rupert, but he was likeable in that big dumb straightforward kind of way. His strategy was "I'll be lovable and win." Yau is likeable in an underdog way, but was by far the best strategist they've had. His strategies had complexity and depth and a level of forward-thinking that the show hasn't seen before. And it was great to see him pwn all the burly guys at the challenges.
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rupert sucked at the game of Survivor which is why he got voted out midseason, I thought that giving him a million during all-stars was the dumbest thing ever. Ok... back to this season.If Dreamz didn't make the lies he made throughout the game he wouldn't have made it as far as he did, so I give him credit for that. The thing that irked me was how he lied. He would go to Alex over and over telling him that their plan was going to work which was unnecessary. Also with Yau he could have just said, OK, I'll give you immunity at 4. Instead he swore to god, and said he wanted his kids to respect him. He didn't have to say all that, and that's why I think he is a piece of s_hit.Also, Yau, Alex, Mookie, and Edgardo shouldn't have put so much trust with a known liar/backstabber.As far as the jury questions, I agree that Alex and Lisi were a_ssholes. Alex was either just plain jealous that he didn't get as far, or was trying to get more TV time. Lisi's argument with Cassandra had no merit. I've been around swimming in pools and the ocean my whole life, and I can tell you that there is no such thing as nice water shoes. Also, Lisi was trying to say that Cassandra wasn't prepared for the game. Oh like you were Lisi, you cracked under the pressure half way through the season.The one person I was Ok with ranting was Boo. Dreamz should have been called out for swearing to god since he claims to be a Christian man, and I'm glad someone did it. I'm not religious or anything, but that just seemed wrong that a guy who said was Christian was swearing to god and then lying.Some of you were saying that Yau-Man should have tried to get Dreamz to vote Cassandra off if he was going to go back on the deal. I do agree that Yau-Man should have tried something, but I think he should have tried to get rid of Earl not Cassandra. Dreamz and Cassandra were close the whole game, and he probably would have never voted for her. Earl was also Yau-Man's only competition.Like I said earlier I'm happy Earl won out of the 3. Someone said in a post earlier that Yau-man pulled more strings than Earl which I think is untrue. When people wanted to make a deal they went to Earl first not Yau-Man. They were true partners, one did not strategize more than the other, they helped each other equally to get to the end.Lastly, Yau-Man was probably the best contestant ever, and really should have won. As an older and smaller man, he was able to take over the game physically (in challenges) and strategically. I'm a little mad that Yau-Man didn't get angry during the jury delliberation, but that's not his style I guess.Sorry about the super long post, I loved this season and had a lot to say about it.

The whole question about if Dreamz planned to keep the Idol all the way is BS to me. He started with a lie and decided that If he keeps with it long enough, he might convince ppl but not me. When He accepted the truck, I think he didn't beleive he'd get that far, even more win immunity. He made a promise without thinking. I think he decided to give it until the end, actually, until he knew he was going home if he gave it away. That was misplayed by Yau as everyone mentioned. He should've told Dreamz he'd vote with him and keep him around instead of saying 'well give it to me but your going home.' I think people misjudged Dreamz's popularity in the final 3. They thought he would get a sympathy vote, but that is canceled out by all the lying he did in the game to get there. He had a hand in getting rid of pretty much everyone in the jury. I had respect for Alex until he went all Lawyer on us. I'm glad Jeff pointed that out and humiliated him more. As for Lisi, well she couldn't really have gone lower than before, I wasn't suprised there. Why do they do a final 3 since last season? There is always this 3rd leg who doesn't deserve it and gets no attention. Cassandra now and Becky in Cooks.Anyways cool season. And by the way, how awsome does China look? I wonder if they'll bring back Hidden immunities and exile. Can't wait

What an awesome season, one of the best of all time. Everyone has already pointed out the obvious:- Dreamz is a complete arse for not giving up the idol to Yau- Yau made only one mistake all season which turned out to cost him a chance at a million bucks by not talking to Dreamz- Congrats to Earl who definitely deserved the win out of the remaining 3- Cassandra was one of the worst at challenges of all time- Yau was one of, if not the greatest players of all timeI can't wait for Survivor China and I guess I'll have to start watching "Pirate Master" in a couple of weeks as I imagine the new survivor will start when that show ends.

dont think ive posted in this thread, but watched every episode.one of the best seasons so far.I definitely wanted Yau to win cause I think he played the game the best. Dreamz is a piece of poo and he really intended on giving him the immunity when he made the deal cause he said it INSTANTLY. He wanted that truck so bad he didnt take any time to consider what the down side would be and once the downside became a reality he then knew he wouldnt keep his word.I wonder who got 2nd place money since Earl got all 9 votes. Do Cassandra and Dreamz both get 100K?Somebody said something about Dreamz having to pay 50K in taxes. Taxes on a 50K vehicle will not be 50K, probably 7 - 10% so maybe $3500 - 5K leaving him with quite a bit of money.I think Dreamz may have even trumped Jonny Fairplays grandmother passing lie.Cant wait to see China, should be interesting.

I think Dreamz may have even trumped Jonny Fairplays grandmother passing lie.
Agreed, I said that to my roommate right when it happened.They will definitely bring the idols back after all the commotion they caused this season. I think they should make them harder to find though. It used to be a punishment to go to exile island, and now people want to go. By the 3rd clue it's pretty much obvious where the idol is.China looks cool. It's always a good idea to switch things up and find a completely unique environment.
They will definitely bring the idols back after all the commotion they caused this season.
I liked the fact that you had to use the idols pre-vote-reading this season. They were far too powerful in previous seasons. This approach makes them a slightly better tweak.

great season...i was rooting for yao and earl from the begining...im glad one of them won...dreamz is a moron...he was one of my favs until he screwed over yao...if it was truly strategy, i wouldnt be hating on him...but there is no doubt in my mind he wasnt strategizing...he just wanted the truck, he instantly agreed without even thinking about it...i also liked alex till he made a fool out of himself at the final tribal council.one thing i dont get...when alex started to grill casandra...he accused cassandra of backstabbing stacey by voting her off...and she didnt deny it...i dont get it, she didnt vote off stacey, she tried voting yao off the round yao used his hidden immunity...yao and earl sent stacey home...why didnt she set alex straight? or did i misunderstand what alex was saying?

Somebody said something about Dreamz having to pay 50K in taxes. Taxes on a 50K vehicle will not be 50K, probably 7 - 10% so maybe $3500 - 5K leaving him with quite a bit of money.
If the vehicle was $50K, and he won another, say $90K, that's $140K, enough to make him pay a third of it to state and federal, so probably around $40K-$50K in taxes this year, depending on how much other income he has, etc, etc. Do we believe he's clever enough to put that aside and use the remaining 40K to 50K to good use (such as upkeep, insurance, etc, on an very expensive truck? Here's a good rule of thumb: if you can't afford to buy something on your current income, you can't afford to win it. This is a special case, because he's getting a good chunk of cash, but Dreamz seems like the type to impulse-spend the cash and worry about the tax consequences later.

Ok I agree with people that leading up to the final 5 or 6 Yao was the smartest player going. But what are you guys smoking to think he played it smart the rest of the way? How can his deal with Dreamz be considered one of the 'smartest in survivor history' when it didn't even work? Seems like to me as it turned out, it was the dumbest move in survivor history, not only did he car curse himself he didnt even get the car! After he played the immunity idol Yao just thought he could coast the rest of the way with his alliances and his deal with dreamz as is, it was ridiculous he even said it himself on the post-show that he totally blew it. Sure he was a great contestant, but lets not give the guy too much credit. He was like the Phil Michelson of survivor, great first 3 rounds, but choked it away in flames to end rd 4.

Sure he was a great contestant, but lets not give the guy too much credit. He was like the Phil Michelson of survivor, great first 3 rounds, but choked it away in flames to end rd 4.
Phil still won TPC, Yau didn't win lol. Don't down Philly like that plz lol.
Ok I agree with people that leading up to the final 5 or 6 Yao was the smartest player going. But what are you guys smoking to think he played it smart the rest of the way? How can his deal with Dreamz be considered one of the 'smartest in survivor history' when it didn't even work? Seems like to me as it turned out, it was the dumbest move in survivor history, not only did he car curse himself he didnt even get the car! After he played the immunity idol Yao just thought he could coast the rest of the way with his alliances and his deal with dreamz as is, it was ridiculous he even said it himself on the post-show that he totally blew it. Sure he was a great contestant, but lets not give the guy too much credit. He was like the Phil Michelson of survivor, great first 3 rounds, but choked it away in flames to end rd 4.
Lets see everything he did the last couple days. He used his immunity idol when he had to without being completely sure that he was being voted out. He sent himself to exile island which kept the immunity idol out of the hands of Cassandra, Dreamz, or Boo. He won immunity with 5 left in an extremely complex challenge. The only mistake he made was dealing with Dreamz, it was a HUGE mistake, but it was still only 1. I think that Dreamz would have given immunity to Yau if they weren't told before the last challenge that the last 3 would make it to the final vote. If it was down to 2 instead of 3 I believe Yau would have won, and Dreamz would have forked over immunity at 4.So I do agree that he made the million dollar mistake, but I still think he is one of the smartest contestants ever.
Lets see everything he did the last couple days. He used his immunity idol when he had to without being completely sure that he was being voted out. He sent himself to exile island which kept the immunity idol out of the hands of Cassandra, Dreamz, or Boo. He won immunity with 5 left in an extremely complex challenge. The only mistake he made was dealing with Dreamz, it was a HUGE mistake, but it was still only 1. I think that Dreamz would have given immunity to Yau if they weren't told before the last challenge that the last 3 would make it to the final vote. If it was down to 2 instead of 3 I believe Yau would have won, and Dreamz would have forked over immunity at 4.So I do agree that he made the million dollar mistake, but I still think he is one of the smartest contestants ever.
Sure he used the imunity idol when he wasn't sure, but him and Earl smelt it coming in camp beforehand and then Stacy really boned herself by flapping her lips to confirm Yao's suspicions. Boo was one of the challenge winners, Earl was also part of the losing 3 so sending Earl would have accomplished the same feat. He even said he only sent himself because he felt bad about Earl getting sent constantly. He did a great job in that imunity challenge no doubt, and listen I'm not saying he wasn't a good contestant but I think he was getting a bit too much credit. Its not like I called him the Van de velde of survivor I at least called him Phil Michelson. In my opinion you can't be one of the smartest survivors ever after making easily the worst decision in survivor history.
Its not like I called him the Van de velde of survivor I at least called him Phil Michelson. In my opinion you can't be one of the smartest survivors ever after making easily the worst decision in survivor history.
Good points.. so who would be the Tiger Woods? The only other candidate I can see for that is Richard Hatch, and only because he had a strategy when nobody knew how the game worked. He had to invent the game. Everyone since then is an imitator. So Richard Hatch is more like Byron Nelson, and Yao is the Phil Mickelson, and nobody is Tiger Woods... yet.
Its not like I called him the Van de velde of survivor I at least called him Phil Michelson. In my opinion you can't be one of the smartest survivors ever after making easily the worst decision in survivor history.
LOL @ Van de velde.I agree with your points, although I don't think it is the worst decisions ever in the game, there have been lots of them. Here is why I think it wasn't that bad:Dreamz is a Christian and he swore to God and on his kids that he would give Yau the idol. If you are in Yau's position how can you not believe that a devout Christian would lie after saying all that. And you have to admit, Dreamz not giving the idol to Yau was shocking. I literally gasped when he said "I'm gonna keep it Jeff." I don't think anybody saw that coming, and I can't fault Yau for not believeing he was going to get it either.It was still a bad decision and a gamble on Yau's part. It was a case of too much strategizing, and if he just took the truck instead of giving it to Dreamz he could have possibly won the game. If Yau and Dreamz didn't have that deal I think they would have voted Dreamz out earlier before Boo and Stacy, and Yau would have won the million along with the truck.

Yau even admitted that he made an error at the end but it may not have made a difference. His fallback should have been to tell DreamZ that he would vote for Cassandra and for Dreamz to vote for Cassandra also. It'd be a 2-2 tie assuming Earl/Cassandra voted for Dreamz and Dreamz would crush Cassandra in the fire making competition. There's no way Yao will vote against Earl in the final 4 so it has to be Cassandra.Also, Yao could point out that adhering to Dreamz' promise would look good to the jury while going back on his word would kill any chance Dreamz had of winning the $1M. Earl knew this obviously as he basically said in the reunion that his first thought when Dreamz kept the idol was that he had won $1M dollars.However, Dreamz should realize that if Yao is in the final 3, there is no chance that he can beat out Yao for the $1M and would lose to Earl for 2nd. Dreamz in the end made the right decision as he ended up with 1/2 of the 2nd prize (I'm assuming that he and Cassandra split the $100K). Yao should have made it tougher for Dreamz to keep the idol but if Dreamz thinks it thru, he should always keep the idol and try for 2nd place money against Earl/Cassandra.

I don't know what to say that hasn't been said. I enjoyed this season a lot, even though I hated a lot of the contestants (Lisi, Cassandra, Mookie, Boo, probably more that I can't even think of right now), but I also really enjoyed some of the contestants (Yao, Dreamz, Rocky)... yeah even though Dreamz ticked me off by not giving the immunity up to Yao, he was still a great character to watch. I really hope they do another Survivor All Stars soon.

I think survivor needed a season like this more than we think. They've been struggling I think for a bit and this season hopefully lifted their audience again. Can't wait till China.

Who here has considered trying out, or actually tried out, for this show?I've thought about it a number of times, my wife says I'd do well. I'm not convinced. The main reasons I haven't are:1) I'd miss my kids too much2) You have to stay around for 39 days, even if you are eliminated first. If I'm going to be away from my family, I'd want to be in the game.3) Sometimes, it's just the luck of the draw who gets eliminated early. You may be the best player and be the first one out because your tribemates are idiots.4) Snakes. They always show snakes everywhere.

Who here has considered trying out, or actually tried out, for this show?I've thought about it a number of times, my wife says I'd do well. I'm not convinced. The main reasons I haven't are:1) I'd miss my kids too much2) You have to stay around for 39 days, even if you are eliminated first. If I'm going to be away from my family, I'd want to be in the game.3) Sometimes, it's just the luck of the draw who gets eliminated early. You may be the best player and be the first one out because your tribemates are idiots.4) Snakes. They always show snakes everywhere.
king tanner sent a tape in...not sure how it turned out, but it would be pretty sweet to have a FCPer to root for, so i hope he gets in. :club:
Meh... I sent in my video, they start looking at them in February I think.In the video at the starting I did an immunity challenge at the beach where I was Jeff Probst and a bunch of my friends were the contestants. They had to paddle around a buoy in those little inflatable pool rafts, and I was just giving them crap the whole time. After that I just intoduced myself and talked about why I would be a good survivor. To be honest I don't think I have a chance... all the younger guys the last couple seasons have either been from LA, or are ridiculously good looking which I'm not.
I thought it was a pretty funny video, one of the contestants was an old guy using a cane as a paddle, then I had another person fall off their raft and act like they couldn't swim. Too bad, they sent me a letter in the mail saying thank you for auditioning. My second denial from them.Like I said, all the younger white guys on the show are usually chiseled and from LA, or have a really unique life story, so it will be hard for me to get on. I'm going to work hard this summer on coming up with a really good idea, then I'll send another one in. I'm getting nervous because I don't know how much more seasons of the show they are going to do, and I think my time is running out.As for the video, I was dumb enough not to make copies, and they keep all the audition tapes. I'll make sure to put the one I make this summer on Youtube.