Vancouver Canucks Fanclub

Ohlund has been getting better. When he is at his best he is by far my favourite Canuck. I want to see him get angry and dish out a massive bodycheck. When he connects, he is one of the better open ice hitters around. It isn't easy against Anaheim (their guys are either to big or to fast), but it would be nice to see.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With the allstar break come and gone it's time to focus on the post season push.I invite all my fellow Canuckleheads to show their support here.Canuck - Slang for Canadianhttp://www.canucks.com/

Heh... the Sesito pick "The 228-pound forward was originally selected by Columbus in the third round, 85th overall, in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft." was covered in that Gare Joyce classic "Future Greats

Maybe, hard to tell. By the way, your organisation has some work to do as well If I remember correctly your last 8 games was somewhat of a record in your sweet city.. Atlanta Thrashers- thats the

I was surprised to see Ohlund had over 100 hits this season...that's not the first trait that comes to mind when I think of him.

Should be a good one tonight. I have a feeling the Ducks will play their best game of the series and come out of the gate flying.
I was wrong.....very wrong. Still getting outworked....very frustrating.
I was wrong.....very wrong. Still getting outworked....very frustrating.
Ooh...spoke too soon. OT on the road...I'll take it.

I haven't been around the forum all day but even after 20+ hours it still hurts bad...ughhhh...WHYYYY?!!!!! WHYYYYY!!!!!?!??!!?!?!?!?!?! :club:

STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS - Round 2Anaheim leads series 3-1GAME DAY - 05/03/07Canucks vs Ducks @ 9:00 PM ESTLine: VCR @ +225-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------There's no use saying that the Nucks could easily be up 3-1 because they're not. Win and fight another day or lose and...well, lets not lose.Strategy's been beaten to death. It's all about execution now.Here's hoping I'm not saying this for the last time this season...GO CANUCKS GO!!mitchell_b.jpg

i want the canucks to survive too, simply because I'll be in Vancouver on the 17th, and I haven't seen a canuck home game in two years..

Absolutely disgusting. No effort. They have already lost this series in there mind. Vigneault should go ape **** on these guys, throw some **** around the dressing room and have a red faced rant.

They didnt desve to win tonight anyways. The sad thing is before tonight Anaheim didnt deserve to win the series anyways. Luongo is a stud and we should act now to get players who can get it done this time of the year. I know its real soon but here is the changes I think they need to make.-A forntline bonefied star forward(Lecalvier,Iginla,Forsberg who are ether free agents or rumoured to be on the move) Sedins can be the best second line in the leauge but an only average first line.-Another physical defencemen, nothing spectacular just another solid physical defenceman that can put in 10-12 mins a game, Brad Lukowich comes to mind. Ther Defence right now is adequate considering they have a 7 million dollar goalie.-Instead of filling the 3rd and 4th line of mid 20's role players I would perfer to get guys in there early to mid 30's who may be past there prime they still manage to be diffrence makers this time of year. Brad May, Martin Gelinas, Kris Draper come to mind and they can pbly be gotten on the cheap during Free agency.-Stu BarnesNow this is a ambitous wish list with a salary cap but it can be done if you subtract some players who I think can go away now. Bye bye Brendan Morrison, has some good flashes but not enough for 3.5 million. Bye bye Matt Cooke, I know he can be a very effective player but he seems to be on the decline and 1.5 mill can buy 2 good gritty 3 or 4th liners. Bye bye Jan Bulis. Bye bye Taylor Pyatt, hasnt shown me enough and his stats are bellow average for the ice time he got. As for Naslund, he isnt going anywhere due to his contract and no trade clause, however he hasnt been worth 6 mill this year or last year. I did like his play in this series though but he is deffinatly a 25-30 goal man at best now. If he is the classy guy he seems to be he has to go to management and offer to reduce his salary for next year.Bring back everyone else(especially Linden). Trade what you have to in terms of picks and prospects to get that 1st line star. Lecalvier can be had. Tampa wants some prospects in return. Cory Schneider could be part of a package, 1st round pick, maybe Kessler. Bourdon as a last resort.Sorry for my rant.

As for Naslund, he isnt going anywhere due to his contract and no trade clause, however he hasnt been worth 6 mill this year or last year. I did like his play in this series though but he is deffinatly a 25-30 goal man at best now. If he is the classy guy he seems to be he has to go to management and offer to reduce his salary for next year.
LOL
They didnt desve to win tonight anyways. The sad thing is before tonight Anaheim didnt deserve to win the series anyways. Luongo is a stud and we should act now to get players who can get it done this time of the year. I know its real soon but here is the changes I think they need to make.-A forntline bonefied star forward(Lecalvier,Iginla,Forsberg who are ether free agents or rumoured to be on the move) Sedins can be the best second line in the leauge but an only average first line.-Another physical defencemen, nothing spectacular just another solid physical defenceman that can put in 10-12 mins a game, Brad Lukowich comes to mind. Ther Defence right now is adequate considering they have a 7 million dollar goalie.-Instead of filling the 3rd and 4th line of mid 20's role players I would perfer to get guys in there early to mid 30's who may be past there prime they still manage to be diffrence makers this time of year. Brad May, Martin Gelinas, Kris Draper come to mind and they can pbly be gotten on the cheap during Free agency.-Stu BarnesNow this is a ambitous wish list with a salary cap but it can be done if you subtract some players who I think can go away now. Bye bye Brendan Morrison, has some good flashes but not enough for 3.5 million. Bye bye Matt Cooke, I know he can be a very effective player but he seems to be on the decline and 1.5 mill can buy 2 good gritty 3 or 4th liners. Bye bye Jan Bulis. Bye bye Taylor Pyatt, hasnt shown me enough and his stats are bellow average for the ice time he got. As for Naslund, he isnt going anywhere due to his contract and no trade clause, however he hasnt been worth 6 mill this year or last year. I did like his play in this series though but he is deffinatly a 25-30 goal man at best now. If he is the classy guy he seems to be he has to go to management and offer to reduce his salary for next year.Bring back everyone else(especially Linden). Trade what you have to in terms of picks and prospects to get that 1st line star. Lecalvier can be had. Tampa wants some prospects in return. Cory Schneider could be part of a package, 1st round pick, maybe Kessler. Bourdon as a last resort.Sorry for my rant.
It's not uncommon for people to want changes after a playoff series loss but it's usually more doom and gloom than it actually is.Before breaking down by position let's look at the overall success of this year's team. They won what is arguably the toughest division in hockey. They made it to round 2. They lost to an excellent Anaheim team and the last 3 games were there for the taking. It's a fine line between winning and losing sometimes.GOALIE - Roberto Luongo may not win any awards this year but he's obviously a monster in net and Sabby is a great back-up. No change necessary.DEFENSE - If you consider how banged up the blue line was in this series it's amazing Luongo wasn't facing 40+ shots in every single game. The farm players played well and showed the depth on defense. There may not be superstar status like Lidstrom, Pronger, etc. but this is an excellent 7-man group. FORWARDS - Nassy has been slowing down but everyone said the same thing about Selanne in Colorado after he only scored 17-goals. I'd give him another shot. This was the Sedin twins' breakout year and they still have time to learn how playoff hockey works. They've never had the pressure they faced this year. Cooke, Cowan, and Kesler may not be spectacular but missing their muscle hurt in this series (especially Cooke). They make space for the forwards. Smolinski wasn't the solid playoff performer and didn't find the chemistry with Naslund as expected. If it was just a matter of money then sure, go get more scoring but it doesn't work that way in today's NHL. I'd like to see a good centre or offensive winger join the team.COACHING - May win Coach of Year...enuf said.To all my fellow Canuckleheads,It was a good season but not our time. Thanks for all the support and we'll get 'em next year!
They are slowing down, they'll finish 4/5. And if it's one or the other, I'll say I think they'll lose in the second round in 5 games.
Couldn't resist a brag post.... while they pulled 3rd in the regular season standings (due to the divisional setup, they were 4th in points), looks like the losing in 5 games prediction after making it through the first round in 6/7 games was dead on. God Luongo's good though.
  • 4 weeks later...