Give "lost" A Chance!

I never watched LOST the first season. My girlfriend is a LOST fanatic and begged me after the 1st season to try watching it when the 2nd season came out. I told her I wasnt going to be able to follow because I never saw 1 episode of the 1st season...I actually told her I would be LOST...I know, stupid joke. Well, she went out and bought the 1st season for me and said if I didnt like it after the 5th episode on Season 1 she wouldnt hound me to watch it with her. Well needless to say I watched every episode in 1 & 1/2 days! I have never watched a show that kept me wanting more after each episode! In fact, if I started watching it when it 1st came out I would have been jonesing for the next episode, it would have driven me crazy! Give it a chance Daniel, you will like it. It deals with alot of issues...especially faith and belief...

Daniel, you will like it. It deals with alot of issues...especially faith and belief...
Yeah give it a chance, but don't expect much after the first season. I used to love the show aswell, but Season 3 is getting ridiculous. Hell, last thing I heard even the writers asked the network when they could quit, so they'd have a timeframe in which they could tie up all the loose ends. Because now, they're just going along without ever explaining anything at all. And on top of that, they just forget about 3/4th of what they've already established and add new stuff. Season 1 was solid, season 2 was kinda interesting, season 3 - until now - has been pure crap. Well.. that's my opinion anyway :club:
Yeah give it a chance, but don't expect much after the first season. I used to love the show aswell, but Season 3 is getting ridiculous. Hell, last thing I heard even the writers asked the network when they could quit, so they'd have a timeframe in which they could tie up all the loose ends. Because now, they're just going along without ever explaining anything at all. And on top of that, they just forget about 3/4th of what they've already established and add new stuff. Season 1 was solid, season 2 was kinda interesting, season 3 - until now - has been pure crap. Well.. that's my opinion anyway :club:
Yeah, that is an opinon, not fact by the way.The story is moving along nicely. They answer questions almost every episode but at the same time present new ones. The producers did tell the network when it will end and that is the best thing they could have done with the show. Unlike most shows they will have an absolute end and not try and fish for more plots to try and get ratings year after year. They had a Beginning, a middle, and an end before shooting the first season and they are sticking with it quite well. They will not pull an Xfiles who just ignored all the questions, ended it, then added on a couple years without David Duchovney for more air time and money. Kudo's for Lost doing the right thing.

I gave it a chance, got into season 2 before I realised nothing was actually ever happening in the show, there would be a large build up to different plots which would inevitably end up with either a dissapointing outcome or another plot.

I gave it a chance, got into season 2 before I realised nothing was actually ever happening in the show, there would be a large build up to different plots which would inevitably end up with either a dissapointing outcome or another plot.
This obviously coming from someone who has not watched all eps from day 1. They have answered many questions and everything is progressing nicely. Just because you have the attention spam of a 4 yr old does not make a show bad.

i agree with neelz the first season was brilliant and the second season was good enough but the third season left me with a bad taste in my mouth. At season 3 episode 3 i suddenly dont care what the explanation for the island was and just cut myself off from the show. While i would like to know what the deal with the island is the curiosity level turned from a "i have to watch every episode to find out" to "ill read wikipedia in a few years". Now when i talk about lost i usually say something along the lines of "castaway was about being on an island but they still only spent half an hour there". My recommendation is watch the first season and leave it at that cliff hanger. Any theory you can think of is probly a lot better then the actual answer.

i agree with neelz the first season was brilliant and the second season was good enough but the third season left me with a bad taste in my mouth. At season 3 episode 3 i suddenly dont care what the explanation for the island was and just cut myself off from the show. While i would like to know what the deal with the island is the curiosity level turned from a "i have to watch every episode to find out" to "ill read wikipedia in a few years". Now when i talk about lost i usually say something along the lines of "castaway was about being on an island but they still only spent half an hour there". My recommendation is watch the first season and leave it at that cliff hanger. Any theory you can think of is probly a lot better then the actual answer.
third season is awesome-each episode is so intense, especially with the couple of months break in between
What about the hatch???? What about.. when they shot the guy who turned out to be one of the others pretending to have been on the plane? It's a good show if you give it a chance.
third season is awesome-each episode is so intense, especially with the couple of months break in between
Every show is intense, and I think there lies the problem. The same thing goes for 24 (which I take you're a big fan of) too. I love 24 and I like Lost, but after a couple of seasons I get the feeling the writers are trying too hard. They want EACH episode to have something new and a new cliffhanger, without making ties to the overall story. I feel this is especially so in 24. They have an overall story, but you have 3 episodes about something, then that something gets solved and they move on to a new thing for another 3 episodes. Whereas in season 2 for example, they had the search for the bomb for 12 episodes and the search for the ones responsible for another 12 episodes. The story kept moving along without too much stuff being thrown in between.Right now I feel Lost is the same thing. Every episode they're pushing to just have something new without moving the story along. Because right now, I'm totally lost as to where the story actually is. Maybe that's why they call it "Lost" :)I'll keep watching for sure, but I'm not as interested right now as I was in the first season. I think that Prison Break shares the same faith. The first season was about the prison break and each episode they worked towards the grand finale. Now that's they're out, they have to have some crazy adventure every episode to keep it going. The episode before the winter break was good though, and they tied back into where they were going. I hope they keep it up. The only show I'm really interested in watching right now is Heroes, but then again, I'll most likely not like a potential second or third season :)To each they're own I guess :club: