Will The Fed's Now Arrest Howard Lederer Or Doyle?

Our Fed Gov't is a joke!They arrest 2 founders of Neteller for money laundering, what's next? Arresting Doyle for owning a piece of DoylesRoom.comor The Professor for owning Full Tilt? No they wont do that because it would cause an uproar, so they go after foreigners.This whole online Poker crackdown is getting on my damn nerves!The Gov't is intruding too many times where they dont belong, other day I heard California migh pass a law to ban spanking of your children! This nation is sick!Whatever happened to FREEDOM and personal and parental authority?Canada dont sound bad except it's too cold.

Our Fed Gov't is a joke!They arrest 2 founders of Neteller for money laundering, what's next? Arresting Doyle for owning a piece of DoylesRoom.comor The Professor for owning Full Tilt? No they wont do that because it would cause an uproar, so they go after foreigners.This whole online Poker crackdown is getting on my damn nerves!The Gov't is intruding too many times where they dont belong, other day I heard California migh pass a law to ban spanking of your children! This nation is sick!Whatever happened to FREEDOM and personal and parental authority?Canada dont sound bad except it's too cold.
I think it would cause more of an uproar by arresting foreigners, they've done nothing wrong. They are providing a service worldwide.I wouldn't be surprised if you see an American poker player get arrested in the future, maybe to be an example and a scare tactic.

I'm willing to be that these guys are all smart enough to have their contracts constructed in a way that means they only endorse the sites, not to own them. I know they set it up to look like DN owns part of FCP or that Ivey/Lederer/Ferguson et all own and operate Full Tilt, but that's surely not the case.

• 3 weeks later...
Could NOT agree more. If Canada were further South, a move would be in hand. I just hope that we can somehow turn this country around, but I don't see it happening. The far right is going to keep taking over and we will lose more and more rights. It's just sad.
The far right is going to keep taking over and we will lose more and more rights. It's just sad.
This would explain why the Democrats have taken control of Congress and the president has the lowest approval ratings of any in over 30 years. Wait, no it wouldn't.
  • 3 weeks later...
Our Fed Gov't is a joke!They arrest 2 founders of Neteller for money laundering, what's next? Well I can understand the ARREST of these 2. I made an EFT withdrawal from my NettellarAccount 2 days before they were arrested. It is 3 months now and I have yet to See mymoney.They put it in my bank and withdrew it the very next day.They told me I might seemy Money in a year or so, The next Day. and now for 2 months they dont return E-Mailsor phone Messages. If anyone here can help with any Idea's on how to get my Money BackI would appreciate any help. Thanks
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,I have been lurking this site for a while. I am also a Canadian and I love the fact that our government let's us have the freedom to play online poker as it is our personal choice. However I just got this email today from Netteller:Dear NETELLER Member, In light of increased uncertainty about the status of certain activities related to online gambling in Canada, and in line with other payment processors, NETELLER has decided to cease the ability for Canadian members to transfer funds to and from online gambling sites. Important dates March 26th, 2007: InstaCASH was disabled for Canadian members April 9th, 2007: All transfers to and from online gambling sites will be disabled for Canadian members You can still use NETELLERYour NETELLER account will NOT be closed. As a NETELLER member, you will still have access to all of your funds which you may choose to withdraw at any time. You can continue to trust NETELLER to provide you with all of our other products and services with the same quality you have come to expect from NETELLER.WTF? I haven't heard a thing about our government banning the transfer of funds to online gaming sites. I really don't get where Netteller is getting this from or why they are doing it. Any other Canadians get this as well?

• 3 weeks later...
Our Fed Gov't is a joke!They arrest 2 founders of Neteller for money laundering, what's next? Well I can understand the ARREST of these 2. I made an EFT withdrawal from my NettellarAccount 2 days before they were arrested. It is 3 months now and I have yet to See mymoney.They put it in my bank and withdrew it the very next day.They told me I might seemy Money in a year or so, The next Day. and now for 2 months they dont return E-Mailsor phone Messages. If anyone here can help with any Idea's on how to get my Money BackI would appreciate any help. Thanks
A couple of things. The Feds suspected Neteller of laundering, but so far as I understand they arrested the two on the theory that in their public offering they knowingly invited people to participate in what they knew to be an illegal activity (ie, gambling). This is based on the prospectus that the company issued in which it said, in part, that gambling MAY be illegal in your state. This is the kind of wide net warning that lawyers make corporations put in all their offerings. Ms. Shulman has written about this extensively in Card Player and elsewhere; the feds' theory is bogus and the two should be acquitted.In the meantime, Neteller is essentially shut down as far as money transfers in the U.S. are concerned. They just can't do it without risking further prosecution. I feel lucky to have pulled my $$ out of Neteller when the fit first hit the shan. All I can think of is to set up an account through epassporte or one of those and hope that you can wangle some sort of 3d party transfer that way. Otherwise, I don't know of much that can be done about it.

Just tune into CSPAN. Congress has been asking the Attorney General to resign. This is the Worst Justice Department since the days of Hoover and the FBI. Two boarder patrol agents were tried and convicted by this justice Department for essentially doing their jobs. They, the Justice Department, even used a known cartel agent to testify against them. They are now in Federal Prison where their lives are in danger every minute. The Uproar recently has to do with the firing of certain Federal Prosecutors. Funny, not one of the Prosecutors who screwed these two men were even considered for termination. I don't think our Executive Branch has been this far out of sink since the Days following the Civil War. I sometimes think its time for us as a country to do some serious changes to our form of government. I've always been of the mind a Parliamentary government is the best. I just love to see the Prime Minister have to face questions from Parliament. Can you imagine if George Bush had to publicly answer Senators questions every month instead of ONCE A YEAR? Sad to say it, but were suck.

• 2 weeks later...
Just tune into CSPAN. Congress has been asking the Attorney General to resign. This is the Worst Justice Department since the days of Janet Reno and the ATF. Two
FYP