Was This A Bad Play?

im at the Taj for their midnight madness tournament, blinds are at 300-600 and Im down to 7300 in chips. i look down at AA and im in late position. i wanted to win a big pot and trap so i limped, the button limped, the SB and BB called. Flop comes down 3-5-Q no flush draw. Good flop for me unless the blinds caught 2 pair. SB checks, BB bets 4000, im thinking he doesnt want callers, he most likely has a Q with a bad kicker, I reraise all in, the button folds the bb insta calls with a 6-4 STRAIGHT DRAW! Turns an Ace river is a 2.I dont know if i got too fancy or what. oh well...

well slowplaying aces like that is always risky but you just got unlucky with a guy calling off all his chips on a draw.......so to answer your question, I don't think it was a bad play......but what do I know????????

Was the table limp crazy? If so it's a bad play. You do not want to give a bunch of bad hands a shot at seeing the flop cheap if they're going to try to with aces as aces are bad in a multiway pot.If the table raises a lot, then a limp is good, since you can hope/expect to limp/reraise. YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE GOING TO THE FLOP WITH ACES IN THIS SPOT FOR JUST THE 600 IT COSTS TO CALL THE BB.In summary, if it's a limp crazy table, raise, if they love to raise anything, limp and see if you can trap.EDIT: I just reread your post. I especially hate limping this in late position, as there's less people to come in for a raise after you. Like I said, the primary reason to limp here is to get in a reraise.Plus, factor in that you're in late position. A raise here will look like a positional steal, and if one of the blinds wakes up with a margainal hand, they may come over the top of you, which would be perfect for your hand, and still serve the purpose for the hand: winning a big pot (or quite possibly winning one).As it stands, I reallllllllllllllly don't like that limp now, but you did manage to get him to commit on a draw, so more power to you (if it only held up).

im at the Taj for their midnight madness tournament, blinds are at 300-600 and Im down to 7300 in chips. i look down at AA and im in late position. i wanted to win a big pot and trap so i limped, the button limped, the SB and BB called. Flop comes down 3-5-Q no flush draw. Good flop for me unless the blinds caught 2 pair. SB checks, BB bets 4000, im thinking he doesnt want callers, he most likely has a Q with a bad kicker, I reraise all in, the button folds the bb insta calls with a 6-4 STRAIGHT DRAW! Turns an Ace river is a 2.I dont know if i got too fancy or what. oh well...
It was only 2700 more for him to call, he kind of committed himself to calling if you moved in. Also, if you were "down to" 7300 chips im assuming he much more than that? Still, apparently he likes to gamble gamble.
Was the table limp crazy? If so it's a bad play. You do not want to give a bunch of bad hands a shot at seeing the flop cheap if they're going to try to with aces as aces are bad in a multiway pot.If the table raises a lot, then a limp is good, since you can hope/expect to limp/reraise. YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE GOING TO THE FLOP WITH ACES IN THIS SPOT FOR JUST THE 600 IT COSTS TO CALL THE BB.In summary, if it's a limp crazy table, raise, if they love to raise anything, limp and see if you can trap.EDIT: I just reread your post. I especially hate limping this in late position, as there's less people to come in for a raise after you. Like I said, the primary reason to limp here is to get in a reraise.Plus, factor in that you're in late position. A raise here will look like a positional steal, and if one of the blinds wakes up with a margainal hand, they may come over the top of you, which would be perfect for your hand, and still serve the purpose for the hand: winning a big pot (or quite possibly winning one).As it stands, I reallllllllllllllly don't like that limp now, but you did manage to get him to commit on a draw, so more power to you (if it only held up).
Ouch. My ears hurt now.

You got your money in with the best of it, it was a good bet. You put your tournament life on the line early in the tourney w/o the stone cold nuts, probably not the best play, but if the BB was playing that reckless you might have ended up with the same result.What could you have done differently? Once he bumps it to 4 large it is fold or go all in you are pot commited at that point. So you could have laid it down when he bets, but you are way ahead there.So pre-flop you could raise it up to $1,500 and BB probably calls that too, and with that flop you are going to get it all in anyway. Only other option would have been all in pre-flop, but then you have to keep chopping at it that way. I think raising it up to 2 or 3x the big blind is a better play, but when you are behind the blinds sometimes you just get hit with the deck and call it a day.

You have 12 big blinds here.You have two choices in my opinion.You open shove and make it look like a short stack ninja mode steal.Or you raise 4xBB to make it look like a scared hand like AJ/AQ.

Only other option would have been all in pre-flop, but then you have to keep chopping at it that way. I think raising it up to 2 or 3x the big blind is a better play, but when you are behind the blinds sometimes you just get hit with the deck and call it a day.
i'd rather keep chopping at it than give my opponents a free or cheap shot to draw out on me, and that's what was done here. When villain bets the flop, he really has no fold equity against our push, and will call unless it's total snow.I do agree with raising 3xBB here. Once again, it looks like a position steal that may make any player behind you with a margainal hand push to resteal which is a perfect result for Aces here.

Limping with AA is generally a bad play, but sometimes its called for when you're short. I'm not sure I'd make the play more than 1 out of 1000 though being in the CO like that. By limping they're probably thinking you don't have much and are looking for a good flop, and they will call. By raising you look like a short stack trying to steal, the push looking more like a steal in most cases. Like its been said for years upon years, AA is good for winning a small pot or losing a big one. Even though you were ahead, you had no idea where you were in the hand. If you're willing to put your money in on that flop, then you should have just pushed pf.

In late position I dont like limping with aces at all, unless you are fairly certain you are going to get a raise coming in after you. If you have a smaller stack I think the incentive to limp should go up, as you want to try and win a big pot and you don't have as much to risk, but in general from early position not later. So although you got a guy to call off a big bet with just a draw and you played it well but just got unlucky. But in general I would raise something if your late and are less likely to get a raise, just so you can at least make the blinds pay a little something to try and crack those aces.

Limping with AA when you have a short stack is a bad play unless you expect a raise behind you (as it's been pointed out), but I definately hate the limp more from the CO with 12x the BB left. A raise to 2.5-3x the BB would be better. The range of hands that call from the blind to defend are ones that you have dominated and can usually win when they either miss the flop (and check fold to a flop bet) or hit with a weak A, K, or Q and pay you off big. Picking up the blinds isn't so bad either, and I'll probably try to steal blinds from the HJ and CO if that play is consistent.