Kido Phan Is A Big Donk

Anyone else agree? Im watching a few episodes of him on TV and he is just the biggest donk overplaying every hand.........especially the hand with J10 against Hachem with j10 vs kk and the flop comes to jacks.

First of all, everything in poker revolves around context and unfortunately for us, we don't always see what leads up to the big all in hands. Second of all, Kido's results speak for themself.

Kido Phan Is A Big Donk
Don't act like you're anywhere near as good as he is. You do realize that poker on TV is edited, right?He was probably playing with him for quite some time and thought he had a read. It's easy to know how to play a hand when you can see all the players hole cards, isn't it?
Don't act like you're anywhere near as good as he is. You do realize that poker on TV is edited, right?He was probably playing with him for quite some time and thought he had a read. It's easy to know how to play a hand when you can see all the players hole cards, isn't it?
Defender of the Week

Not defending the play in question but it takes more than a few bad plays to call a pretty good tournament player a donk. I don't buy the positive variance bit; his style of play makes opponents play badly against him and forces them to always guess where he's at in a hand. And his results show sustained success, not just a few tournaments here and there.

Anyone else agree? Im watching a few episodes of him on TV and he is just the biggest donk overplaying every hand.........especially the hand with J10 against Hachem with j10 vs kk and the flop comes to jacks.
just because he doesnt play your low limit grind it out style of poker doesnt make him a donk.his game is high risk which has its advantages and disadvantages. its just different, not your crappy poker software that tells you how to saftley play a hand.
just because he doesnt play your low limit grind it out style of poker doesnt make him a donk.his game is high risk which has its advantages and disadvantages. its just different, not your crappy poker software that tells you how to saftley play a hand.
I've said it before, but you are a complete idiot. Have you actually played poker before?
I've said it before, but you are a complete idiot. Have you actually played poker before?
and i have said it before, i have been playing since i was 5 or 6 for 3 hours + daily.my bankroll is larger than your head. stfu.
There's no context when someone goes all-in wih J10 after you reraise someone with it and then someone RERAISES you for the third raise. Kido is a good player. but it was a terrible play.
Doyle mentions this in Super System. Sometimes call a raise when you know you're beat.Are you ever going to try to bluff him?Like someone else said already, his style makes others play poorly against him. And it works.
yeah he is a donk, going all in on a flush draw against that young kid, this is the same trny ur talking abouthe just got lucky
Kido was getting about 2.5-1 on his money, and the on screen percentages were thrown off because Zilem had the Qh and they showed Scotty folding the Ah5h, Kido doesnt know that, so to his mind...he is still only a 2-1 dog, thus the call was correct
Kido was getting about 2.5-1 on his money, and the on screen percentages were thrown off because Zilem had the Qh and they showed Scotty folding the Ah5h, Kido doesnt know that, so to his mind...he is still only a 2-1 dog, thus the call was correct
but the disrespect!!!