Collusion At The Ft Of The Stars Million?

Down to 5. The players started saying there was collusion on this hand..PokerStars Game #7706518899: Tournament #38291989, $1000+$50 Hold'em No Limit - Level XXV (50000/100000) - 2007/01/01 - 01:45:05 (ET)Table '38291989 72' 9-max Seat #4 is the buttonSeat 2: joeaces (4072350 in chips) Seat 3: crazyButcher (3450200 in chips) Seat 4: Baby Rattler (1041532 in chips) Seat 7: dim--tix (3021630 in chips) Seat 8: The 6 P's (1410288 in chips) joeaces: posts the ante 5000crazyButcher: posts the ante 5000Baby Rattler: posts the ante 5000dim--tix: posts the ante 5000The 6 P's: posts the ante 5000dim--tix: posts small blind 50000The 6 P's: posts big blind 100000*** HOLE CARDS ***joeaces: raises 500000 to 600000crazyButcher: folds Baby Rattler: raises 436532 to 1036532 and is all-indim--tix: folds The 6 P's: folds joeaces: folds Baby Rattler collected 1375000 from potBaby Rattler: doesn't show hand crazyButcher said, "?????"*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 1375000 | Rake 0 Seat 2: joeaces folded before FlopSeat 3: crazyButcher folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: Baby Rattler (button) collected (1375000)Seat 7: dim--tix (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 8: The 6 P's (big blind) folded before Flop

yea i saw that too, i'm not sure if they really know each other or not but that is really really shady looking. I just don't understand how can u raise a hand 6x the bb and then fold when it's only slightly more than 400k to call and like u said over 2:1 on his money, i think that's pretty much an insta call with whatever 2 cards he raised there. i thought it was very odd when i saw it too but i don't think anyone would be stupid enough to chip dump on the ft when tons of people will be watching, so perhaps he was just tired or made some sort of mental error?

His hand could have been so bad that instead of calling and having everyone see what he was trying to steal with, he thought it best to just muck and wait for a better opportunity, or maybe he has an extremely good read?

His hand could have been so bad that instead of calling and having everyone see what he was trying to steal with, he thought it best to just muck and wait for a better opportunity, or maybe he has an extremely good read?
if he folds there, it becomes obvious how horrible his hand isand maybe my math is wrong but isnt is around 4:1600k raise + 1 mil allin = 1.6 mil pot400k-ish to call

yes u are right, he was getting about 4:1 on the call, meaning he should really be calling with anything here, and also i can't imagine that he had absolute junk since he raised 6x bb since it would be ridiculous to raise that much to steal when he could've done the same with 3-4 bb raise.

Collusion would've been the last reason I thought of as the reason for the fold. Misclick, playing bad comes 1st and 2nd. It is just highly unlikely for 2 players to know each other at the final table of a 1500+ man tourney.

Over the next few hands, player dim-tix was asking Lee to review the hand. Lee was not available, but the support guy said that all the hands at every FT were automatically reviewed.Joe had been very agressive up to that point, but I believe other than a push or coming over the top, that was his only raise in excess of 3xBB.

I think it is a false assumption to assume that someone who ends up at the final table of that tournament has any clue about pot odds. The 6x raise pre is your first clue of his possible donktastikness. And to whoever said his DB looks like a decent player........just because he plays lots of big buy ins doesn't mean he is a good player. Lots of donkeys with money. I don't think it was collusion (a field that deep and down to final 5?), I don't think it was a misclick........I just think he is a donkey.

He was a terrible player, all of his raises preflop when 3 handed were 4-5X the BB, It's amazing how he lasted that long.
me run goot one day
I think it is a false assumption to assume that someone who ends up at the final table of that tournament has any clue about pot odds. The 6x raise pre is your first clue of his possible donktastikness. And to whoever said his DB looks like a decent player........just because he plays lots of big buy ins doesn't mean he is a good player. Lots of donkeys with money. I don't think it was collusion (a field that deep and down to final 5?), I don't think it was a misclick........I just think he is a donkey.
joeacesEst Winnings: $35,123Est Buyins: $45,918 Rake: $2,981 Est Profit: $-13,776
joeacesEst Winnings: $35,123Est Buyins: $45,918 Rake: $2,981 Est Profit: $-13,776
Yeah, I had looked at that. Just didn't want to make any assumption cause my Stars DB isn't the greatest. Better than that but still.

I can see that, but from that PLUS watching the way he played, plus your success at other sites (and the way you play), means you can feel free to go ahead and make those assumptions.

Not neccessarily collusion, his Poker DB makes it look like he's someone with money to burn online at least as far as tourneys are concerned (who knows maybe he kills the cash games) Also occasionally I'll make a steal attempt and then click the fold to any bet button. Because I know if anyone plays back at me I don't want to be in the hand. I don't think someone would do this at the final table of the Stars Million but it is a possibility. I didn't watch the hand so I have no idea whether he thought about it before mucking or if it was basically an insta-fold. But it's most likely that this was either a poor decision or just a mistake (be it mis-click or checking the fold to any bet) than it is collusion

Not neccessarily collusion, his Poker DB makes it look like he's someone with money to burn online at least as far as tourneys are concerned (who knows maybe he kills the cash games) Also occasionally I'll make a steal attempt and then click the fold to any bet button. Because I know if anyone plays back at me I don't want to be in the hand. I don't think someone would do this at the final table of the Stars Million but it is a possibility. I didn't watch the hand so I have no idea whether he thought about it before mucking or if it was basically an insta-fold. But it's most likely that this was either a poor decision or just a mistake (be it mis-click or checking the fold to any bet) than it is collusion
not really, i thought the same thing but if you look at the est. profit, is more the -13k, same as his sharkscope profile
Down to 5. The players started saying there was collusion on this hand..PokerStars Game #7706518899: Tournament #38291989, $1000+$50 Hold'em No Limit - Level XXV (50000/100000) - 2007/01/01 - 01:45:05 (ET)This Stood out for me. Given the buy in of the tourney. Obviously collusion, chip dumping or player was attempting to steal the blinds and didn't want to go broke with his 6-4o.